Willy vs Bullants 28.05.05

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times

Willy vs Bullants 28.05.05

Post by Dark Beanie »

Quarter time:

Williamstown 3.2.20
Bullants 2.3.15

Half time:

Williamstown 6.5.41
Bullants 4.8.32

Willy kicked last three goals of second quarter to go into half time with a lead. Woey two goals. Blowing a gale at Cramer Street so disposal from both teams a bit ordinary.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Dark Beanie

Post by Dark Beanie »

Three quarter time:

Bullants 9.11.65
Williamstown 7.6.48

Five goals against the wind for Bullants in 3rd quarter
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Dark Beanie

Post by Dark Beanie »

Final scores:

Bullants 11.13.79
Williamstown 9.8.62

Not a good second half by the Seagulls. Midfield and forward line not working today. Too many inside 50's for no return. Woey 3 goals. Dukes 2. Singles to Lonie, Lokan, Cranage, Lawry.
DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

a shame we coiuldnt make it the double today, especially against the scum reserves. But some positives with cloke, lonie and woey and yakka.
There's more to life than footy.........just not much more.
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

TIME/VENUE
1:10 PM Sat 28/May

Preston City Oval Northern Bullants 11.13-79
vs
Williamstown 9.8-62
Northern Bullants
Goal Kickers: S. O''Hailpin 5, T. Longmuir 3, B. Johnson, B. Fisher, K. Norman
Best Players: T. Longmuir, G. Bowyer, J. Vansittart, C. Bryan, S. O''Hailpin, H. Scotland
Williamstown
Goal Kickers: S. Woewodin 3, J. Dukes 2, S. Cranage, R. Lonie, M. Lokan, H. Lawry
Best Players: M. Lokan, C. Cloke, B. Davies, S. Woewodin, H. Shaw, J. Dukes

TIME/VENUE
10:20 AM Sat 28/May

Preston City Oval Northern Bullants 9.11-65
vs
Williamstown 18.13-121
Northern Bullants
Goal Kickers: M. Mitchell 2, J. Quinton 2, L. Furlan, L. Maslin, T. McIntosh, M. Pell, N. O''Donohue
Best Players: L. Maslin, B. Colbert, A. O''Hailpin, D. Donohue, P. Bunn, M. Mitchell
Williamstown
Goal Kickers: D. Galea 6, C. Smoker 5, S. Ralph 2, L. Theodore, B. Clifton, C. Proctor, B. Morrison, L. Picken
Best Players: M. Boyd, L. Picken, D. Galea, C. Smoker, L. Theodore, S. Meyer
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Good to hear some senior players in Woey, C2 and Lones all stood up. And nice to hear Matthy Lokan doing well. Not in our best 22, but a real fighter.
foxychick

Post by foxychick »

A lot of woey's goals came from free kicks. I just found that woey's standards was quite poor...his disposal was not very good and it was dissapointing to watch. I think he needs another game at willi...just to check out on his back because he is not playing at the standard he should be.

I think the player to warrant a game was probably C2. Davies and Iacca did some nice things too.
surfer1

Post by surfer1 »

Best players: No Davis, no Lonie, no Williams, no C1 and I am not even sure if Cole and Richards played or Zane in seconds?

yet H Shaw Davies and C2 amongst it with Loken. Like the Collingwood the younger brigade are showing the way
Canberra

An Ordinary Display

Post by Canberra »

Anybody who thinks Lonie and Woewodin stood up should try and get a copy of the match tape.
I am a Lonie fan and would like to see him in Black and White,playing on a wing. The form he showed on Saturday may well mean we may never see him in Black and White again. Very soft,almost Willo soft,and looked disinterested.
Willo took the cue from Lonie and played even softer.
Woey was ordinary at best. The accumulation of stats should never be the benchmark on a performance. Putting your body in when it counts means a lot more to the team. I pray we don't have enough injuries to justify his inclusion at Collingwood.

JayClo played the worst game I have ever seen from him. After his performance on Hamill I thought he was taking the first steps back to a regular senior spot. If any member of the match committee saw that inept display his cards would be marked "Never to play again"

Walker was absolutely hopeless. HOPELESS!!

The only shining lights were:
C2. Tried his guts out all day. Not a good game in the ruck but did heaps around the ground.
Heath. Easily the most poised of the senior list players.
Iacobucci. Rotated a bit too often. Hard at it,as you would expect,and did some nice things. Deserving of a bench position at the least.

Although I think he is out of the mix for a senior position I should give Lokan a pat on the back. Tagged Scotland and really got under his skin.
Drifted forward for a couple of shots on goal as well. He put in all day which was something missing from most of the senior list in this game
Do not adjust your mind. The fault is in reality.
favourites 2008

Post by favourites 2008 »

Yep lokan clearly beat Scots and deserved best willy player.
loki04

Post by loki04 »

does anyone know how davidson went
Up the Mighty Mags 2016.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

lets hope Lokan can put a few more good performances in for Willy, I'd like to see him back in the senior side again.... still I fear it won't ever happen
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Your Joking Me!!

Post by Your Joking Me!! »

David from Canberra wrote:lets hope Lokan can put a few more good performances in for Willy, I'd like to see him back in the senior side again.... still I fear it won't ever happen
Don't fear it, love it :wink:
Head over the ball or head over to the pine
loki04

Post by loki04 »

Any info on the collingwood listed players in the reserve's?
Up the Mighty Mags 2016.