Willy V Port. Melb Line-ups

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

scoobydoo wrote:Eddie, C1 played on a first year player on Saturday, who had 23poss. & 4 goals from C.H.F.
I would not call him a top 2/3 forward.
The only time C1 has played on a top forward is when either off Presti or Wakes have been missing.
But Mick puts Jason onto the top forward before Wakelin, Why?
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

Can't say i've seen that.
Presti takes the F.F
Wakes takes C.H.F
Clemo takes best small/medium forward
C1 gets whoever is left.(when he's playing)
eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

scoobydoo wrote:Can't say i've seen that.
Presti takes the F.F
Wakes takes C.H.F
Clemo takes best small/medium forward
C1 gets whoever is left.(when he's playing)
V Freo, Mick put Jason on Pavlich first, V St Kilda, Mick put Jason onto Gehrig. Wakes eventually got Pavlich, why wasnt Wakes given Gehrig against St Kilda for the rest of the game after Prestis injury?
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

Thats coz against Saints Presti was on G-train until he got injured.
Coz Presti was injured against Freo C1 was again used in his spot.
Wakes did play on G-train (for about 15min) Then for balance went back to C.H.B.
C1 did very well when played on Hamil (coz he is slow also).
C1 can't play C.H.B or F.B, which only leaves H.B & sometimes he is too slow.
bokka

Post by bokka »

YOU can see why MM was persisting with C1 as a forward even though it p(*&^ed me off at the time, possibly he could see the writing on the wall as far as Cloke's defensive future. Maybe they should persist with him as a forward at Willi and see if he can develop, however I doubt he has anything that C3 doesn't, but has more agility than C2. I doubt ARcher is any faster than C1, so maybe there is still hope for him but time is running out.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

rand corp wrote:Great news about Davo in the ressies, a call up to the Willy one's seems only a matter of match and base fitness away.
Interesting point there, I would have assumed that he would have gone straight to the ones as soon as he had recovered... maybe the coaching staff still aren't sure about his knee? I mean, surely if he has the match fitness to play seconds then he would be able to play firsts as well?
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

David from Canberra wrote:
rand corp wrote:Great news about Davo in the ressies, a call up to the Willy one's seems only a matter of match and base fitness away.
Interesting point there, I would have assumed that he would have gone straight to the ones as soon as he had recovered... maybe the coaching staff still aren't sure about his knee? I mean, surely if he has the match fitness to play seconds then he would be able to play firsts as well?
Has only played partial games thus far, 2 quarters v Bendigo, 3 quarters v Port. I think that he will be slotted straight into the Willi ones as soon as he regains fitness and confidence with the knee.
Joel

Post by Joel »

eddiesmith wrote:Funny, Mick has never put Maxwell onto one of the top 2 or 3 forwards, Why?

Mick has been ruining Jasons career since the 2003 GF
Maxwell was on Scott Lucas on Anzac Day, and beat him, when Lucas was in form.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

eddiesmith wrote:Funny, a couple of dickheads on Bigfooty say Jason was terrible, an unbiased report gives him as the Best Collingwood listed player
Well, he has taken over from Rhyce Shaw as their favourite player...

Great news on Ruzza. He is primed for his debut.
DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

although lonie has been struggling, he always seems to be in the goalkickers list, and it was noted he has provided run. We could still use that i reckon
There's more to life than footy.........just not much more.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Agree Dave, but who to replace? Davies? Swan - he has been impressive...
DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

yer fair point. Id have lonie in there over leon davis at the moment. SOmeone will be replacing ben davies this week i reckon. Id say its a choice between yakka, lonie, leon or if woewoedin is fit. Id be going woey or yakka. Obree is in good touch. Swan has earnt his spot although i still dont rate him. Im still sure there is a place for lonie, just havent found it yet.
There's more to life than footy.........just not much more.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

True. Good to see healthy competition for a place in the squad.