Willy V Port. Melb Line-ups

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Willy V Port. Melb Line-ups

Post by scoobydoo »

eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Such a shame I will be on the other side of the bay as i would love to go. Judging by the Pies selections, we are aiming to win the VFL premiership again, so go Seagulls

Just my luck, the other game against Port is on a Saturday as well, damn VFL
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

TXU VFL Seniors

Williamstown 3.4 5.5 10.7 14.10 (94)
Port Melbourne 3.3 10.9 11.12 15.16 (106)

BEST:
Williamstown: Cranage Lawry Tallis Pearce Cloke Iacobucci

GOALS:
Williamstown: Pearce 2 Rusling 2 Davis 2 Lonie Williams Lawry Galea Lokan Iacobucci Shaw Dukes

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Williamstown: Nil
Port Melbourne: Nil

TXU VFL Reserves

Williamstown 2.3 8.3 9.7 17.11 (113)
Port Melbourne 2.1 3.5 9.11 15.11 (101)

BEST:
Williamstown: Boyd Picken Barling Clifton Coates McKenzie
Port Melbourne: Thomas Smith Henshaw De Bruin Dwyer Pinwill

GOALS:
Williamstown: Ralph 5 Clifton 2 Coates 2 Cook 2 Barling Maghamez Hollow Macri Dow O'Dwyer
Port Melbourne: McMahon 3 Gilham 3 Shore 2 Dwyer 2 Thomas Bonaddio Aloi Pinwill Oswald
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by Big T »

Big Footy reports indicate Rusling oozing class again and ready for debut next week. Leon played well (CFCs best) and should be back next week, rest of them average.

In particular they were very harsh on Lonie, said he was completely disinterested and as soft as can be, Jason Cloke conflicting reports but general consensus he made a lot of mistakes and sounds like had a few kicked on him, Morrison terrible, Hall promising.

Not much to get excited about by all accounts though apart from Rusling.
Buon Giorno
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Funny, a couple of dickheads on Bigfooty say Jason was terrible, an unbiased report gives him as the Best Collingwood listed player

Really tough to know which to believe :roll:
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by Big T »

Eddie, did you see the game? If so, in your opinion how did the Pies, and in particular Jason, play? The only game I have been to this year was the Saints game and I thought Jason played very well apart from some errors of judgement on how to man up gehrig (playing 10m in front of him didn't work, but when he stood next to him and harrassed Gehrig was less effective).

To be honest I think this VFL idea is crap and the lists need to be extended with a 10 team reserves league prior to the main game like it used to be. Can't be good for the traditional VFA teams or the AFL teams IMO. Or bite the big one and have relegation! That will make these soft cocks pull their finger out.
Buon Giorno
KYPREO

Post by KYPREO »

How did Tommie Davidson play and how much game time did he get?

I know he only played a half last week and kicked 2. Looks like Taz might still be out next week, but perhaps Davidson is still a bit raw and Rusling might get a guernsey.
Go Pies!!!
foxychick

Post by foxychick »

According to the sun he was one of the BOG from willi reserves davidson.
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

To balance things out a little, the Herald Sun lists Jason Cloke's man
Le Cras as being BOG with four goals.

Which would mean of course that Jase has had an average of 5 goals a game kicked on him for the last 3 games.

Will not and should not be recalled until he can mind a man.
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

That just shows the lack of depth we have in the tall defender stakes. Jason is not a CHB/FB yet has to play there at VFL level because we and Williamstown dont have anyone else. But at VFL level players are playing for themselves and trying to look good and do not play defensively, so who cares if his man was BOG, he was our best.

Are you going to tell me you wouldnt play Adam McPhee because when he plays back his man is always in the best, as is he?

When we have Wakelin, Clement, Presti, there is no need for Jason to be playing on the no1 forward target each week at AFL level either, and the fact Mick has put him on the No1 forward 2 weeks running for a qtr shows how much Mick hates him and is sabotaging his career.

When Mick goes, or Jason goes, he will be a much better player under any other coach in the world

**** you Mick malthouse
foxychick

Post by foxychick »

rand corp

Post by rand corp »

Great news about Davo in the ressies, a call up to the Willy one's seems only a matter of match and base fitness away.
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

C'mon ES, surely you and noone else would believe that MM is trying to actively asbotage Jason's career.

The simple fact is, he's lost his spot to Maxwell who is doing a much better job of it at the moment.

Whilst he's getting bags of goals kicked on him each weeek he is unlikely to get back in for a while.
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Funny, Mick has never put Maxwell onto one of the top 2 or 3 forwards, Why?

Mick has been ruining Jasons career since the 2003 GF
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Eddie, C1 played on a first year player on Saturday, who had 23poss. & 4 goals from C.H.F.
I would not call him a top 2/3 forward.
The only time C1 has played on a top forward is when either off Presti or Wakes have been missing.