What's the deal with Billy Morrison??

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

What's the deal with Billy Morrison??

Post by stui magpie »

This kid was supposed to be a key forward in the J Brown mold (according to the club profile). He seemed to be making progress early last year but lately has been playing CHB in the magoos.

I see that this week he played forward, kicked 6 behinds and just got in the best players.

Is he a slow developer or a wasted draft choice?
bokka

Post by bokka »

It seems to me he was picked up on the strength of one game when he was 14 years old - which seems pretty foolhardy drafting to me. ANway hopefully he will come good. Hall is another one that did seem to have a big rap.
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

I hope so too Bokka.

There's an article on the club website which looks encouraging.

http://collingwoodfc.com.au/default.asp ... eid=200105

It'd be handy to have a big body in the goal square that could take a contested mark. Straighten up the midfield.

Did anybody actually see the kid play on the weekend who could comment??
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Many reckon he is a wasted choice, but give him one more season after this.
foxychick

Post by foxychick »

he was going well preseason and was going to be picked for our west coast game howver he did an injury that prohibited him to play because he was having sucha great preseason so he's just taking a bit to get back ito it again.Give him some time to develop. KPP need time to develop.
i_c_lokes

billy the kid

Post by i_c_lokes »

hows he looking at training? heard he had an incident with a leg over the weekend? didn't actually see the williamstown game
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by Big T »

Man, then same article says that they are hoping Hall takes the same "quantum leaps" as Tex has. Tex has improved, granted, but if that is a quantum leap then how crap was he when he came to the club? No offence intended but I would have thought a "quantum leap" would mean Tex was commanding a key position, not playing because others are injured.

Can't believe any of this crap, it is simply too biased.
Buon Giorno
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

He is still working hard to get to the fitness levels required to play AFL, i_c_cloke. Still has a bit to go, but IS a talent.
samuel

Post by samuel »

Billy was a bad choice. From what I have seen he does not have the tank to make it in the big time.
Cut our losses and start again.
Bring back Dak's
gogulls

Post by gogulls »

I have read what everyone has said about Billy and the bottom line is that he has been a disappointment.

I have been told that Hall will play in the seniors at Willy this week leaving Billy as the sole Collingwood player in the reserves (apart from Davidson if he plays). That must indicate something to Billy. He has to extract the digit and work his butt off. It is time for him to dominate a Reserves game and show that he can mark and influence a game.

He must show something over the next month or his future will be decided.
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

Billy has been a huge disappointment, reports suggest he is slow, poor lateral agility, ordinary when the ball is on the deck and not a good contested mark. (Could it read any worse?) The few positives I've read suggest he leads hard for the ball, can get himself into good spots and is a decent kick.

Will be very lucky to last past the cut at year's end. Amazing that we wasted a first round pick on him when we really had no form to go on.

Hall on the other hand, was said to have dominated in his competition in the west but, since contracting glandular fever has never really shown much form. Doesn't look to have the polish or smarts & decision making skills. He is a big unit with a crash bash attitude but has a long, long way too go. Might get another year but would need to show a bit in the Willy ones before the end of the season.

No matter how the club wishes to spin it, our drafting, trading and development of players has fluctuated between ordinary to down right sh1te for the best part of this century.

Even some of the better choices are not the champions they seemed destined to be.
jabso#5

Post by jabso#5 »

Both Hall and Morrison will be kept for a 3rd year.
Morrison was a very very young draft pick (one of the youngest in his draft) and is only a 3-4 months older than some of our 2004 draftees.
KPP take time. Especially huge ones. Athletic KPP (T.Cloke, Tarrant) can develop quicky. We are seeing that Cameron is not developing that quickly in his 3rd season and is probably only getting a game due to injuries to Fraser and Richards.
Just on Richards he took 3/4 years to debut and people were calling for his head. A lot of people forget he only debuted last year.
Just be patient look at Ahsley Hansen.
WKB

Post by WKB »

Whilst Billy in the Williamstown reserves doesn't look good you have to remember he is still exceptionally young. Having seen him at Williamstown I say he has promise. Is big, does know the places to go to, the delivery to him last year in particular was ordinary at best and made it hard for anyone let alone a young kid. He has to learn how bloody huge he is (much like tex) but give him time.

He may be a dud and never improve but I'm not so sure that will happen. Comparing him to Brown was stupid by the club.
Snoop Dog

Post by Snoop Dog »

I posted some comments I had with a Pie official a few weeks ago - he was certainly a guy they felt had not achieved what he is capable of. They are thinking he has bulked up and lost some pace.

They will perservere for one more year on what was being told to me.
'You da man'
i_c_lokes

Post by i_c_lokes »

from what i've seen of him outside the football field, he doesn't seem to take his footy too seriously
i c lokes
here there and everywhere
short shorts bleached hair love it when they walk yeah