Williamstown Practice Match Report

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Johnson#26

Williamstown Practice Match Report

Post by Johnson#26 »

From Mark W
http://www.voy.com/51976/1707.html
for the 2nd half anyway and saw a very weak willi side (weak in terms of personnel - hardly any Collingwood list players playin) get thumped by Port, curiously playing in green and yellow jumpers.....
Can confirm that none who were dropped last week played and that Swan and Maddee are 2 players in the squad who won't be playing in Darwin.....Billy did not play, nor did JClo

Swanny was probably Willi's best player - a very good player at this level

Undies favourite player Maddee played HBF and was no better than solid; frankly this looks about his level

Undies least favourite player Brayden Shaw played midfield and HFF and did not do anywhere near enough, nor did he play with any intensity. Shame, cause the few times he did something he looked all class.

My first look at Hall - he played ruck and FB, basically tagging Hamish McIntosh. The latter looks a good prospect and beat Hall significantly. Hall is big strong aggressive and courageous, and has reasonable speed to go with his size. Unfortunately I did not see a great deal of skill or footy smarts on Hall's part - a long way to go on this performance....

O'Brein - played CHF/hff, did not do much and did not seem to have any idea how to play the position. Has got good athleticism and the one or two nice things he did made me want to see him again

hesitate to say this, cause I could be wrong, but a player who might be Zane Leonard looked very good, great leading and foot skills and was one of Willis finest in the 3rd Q but was rested in the 4th Q when he would have played near me in the Sherrin stand.....

I think Blake Caracella had a run in the 4th Q - he sure looks different in a blue and yellow jumper if it was him.......
And...

Frank

http://www.voy.com/51976/1706.html
An undermanned Williamstown got hammered 4.8.32 to Port 20.3.123
Lokan and Swan out of the Darwin trip.
Brayden Shaw, Hall, Swan, O'Brien, Lokan and Caracella were the only Collingwood listed players to play.
Brayden was easily Williamstwon's best player but made a lot of bad choices with his disposal. The lack of quality around did not help with options.
Hall played ruck and in defence. Went well in the ruck but struggled down back.
Swan played midfield and got a bit of the ball but not one of his better games.
O'Brien played back in the first half and then went forward. Kicked a goal and competed hard but looks a fair way off a wizard cup call up.
Lokan played half back on Tom Hooker. Tried hard but looks down on confidence.
Caracella came on midway through the second quarter. Played wing and up forward. Had about 6 touches and got through the match unscathed.
foxychick

Post by foxychick »

do you know who madee is?
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Matthew Lokan. :) Its Hotrods nickname for him.
foxychick

Post by foxychick »

ow thank-you!!! i was wondering who it was for a sec :P