Training

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

GREAT DANE

Training

Post by GREAT DANE »

Dale,
just wondering if you know when williamstown start training again??
i thought that they might have started this week mabye because collingwood do, but not really sure, and any news of possible pickups for the club??
thanks
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Not sure when training starts, but they usually start prior to Christmas.

The only definite pick-up I am aware of is that of Rayden Tallis. There was something in the local paper about another possible signing, but until it's confirmed, I'm not going to start any rumours. With that, the local papers are due out tomorrow, so if anything is in them, I'll post the news.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
05bucks

Post by 05bucks »

just a quick one, just want to know where is the best place to get w'town top, shirts, hats and other thing. as i live in perth we dont get the stuff over here
Scott Pendlebury
The (new) champ is here
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

You can get the club jumper from the CFC. Go to the CFC website and look for the club shop, as that is where you can buy them.
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

News straight from the club:

Training begins on Monday 8th November from 5:30pm. Mondays will be spent at the Williamstown Baseball Ground (Greenwich Reserve), with Wednesdays and Fridays at Edwin Flack Oval. The last training session prior to the Christmas break will be on Monday 20th December.

Training will re-commence on Monday 10th January. Training venue will switch to Burbank Oval after Easter.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
GREAT DANE

Post by GREAT DANE »

Thank you dale.
i might have to go and watch a few training session before christmas if i can get some time off work.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

As the Willy boys will be traing at OP (Edwin Flack oval) will they be training with Collingwood and using the facilities at Lexus? I bet the gym at Lexus would be light years from anything at Burbank Oval. and it would be could for Williamstwon to be able to take advantage of top class facilities for preseason.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

I would assume they would train with the Collingwood players on the Wednesday and Friday.

Not sure of the gym facilities at Burbank Oval, but seeing as though they can't train there until after Easter (due to cricket commitments), the only other option would be to use the Lexus gym.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
05bucks

Post by 05bucks »

thatnks johnson26, i know thatu can get the jumper from cfc but i am more after the shirts hats and stubby holders if they have them
Scott Pendlebury
The (new) champ is here