Round 17 vs Tasmania

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Canberra

Post by Canberra »

Dale61,Pres. Ted and WKB. Your reports are much appreciated. The reports on Leonard are a welcome bit of news in the season from hell.
Do not adjust your mind. The fault is in reality.
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

I think its great that Billy at 17 has the balls to tell his team mates to stop mucking around & kick it to him. Shows a bit of confidence.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Is there any news on the progress of Benson?
Cakewalk

Post by Cakewalk »

Heath Shaw seems to kick a few goals regularly but seems to miss out on being named in the best , is he kicking cheap goals , playing in bursts , what's the story with him?
"Are you an angry man? Are you envious? Do you get envious? I have competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people. At times, I look at people and I see nothing worth liking. "
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Johnno, Georgie is still playing in the reserves, but not setting the place on fire.

Cakewalk, Heath plays in bursts, and has recently been named 'The Fourth QuarterKid' as he would spark up in the last quarter and be ultra dangerous in the forward line, but struggled to get into the game prior to that. He is now doing more during other quarters, but not enough to warrant senior selection yet (but my predictions have been proven wrong on many occasions).
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Macgyver

Post by Macgyver »

Dale,
Nixon has played proably his best two games this year in the last two weeks, do you think he would be very close to collingwood selection?
If so would he be in front of guys like Mullins and Crowy who have been playing consistantly good footy for most of the year?

Also how did Mullins go on the weekend in terms of chasing and tackling?
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Due to our lack of talls, I'd prefer Crowy over Bo. Prior to the last two games, Bo has been hardly sighted, so surely selection should be based on consistency first.

Goog is slowly getting over his fumbling problem, which was causing a lot of turnovers.

My preferences:
Crow
Nixon
Mullins
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Macgyver

Post by Macgyver »

Cheers Dale, thats sort of what i was leaning towards, it would be great to finally see crowy running around in collingwood colours. But if a smaller or midfield player was out next week Mullins would have to top the list of me, when he gets the ball its great to watch because you can just feel the kids got some serious talent.
President Ted Parker

Post by President Ted Parker »

Mullins did very little on Sunday and spent extended periods of time spectating from the pine. His form was better at the start of the season but has fallen away since his return to the Willimastown side. I don't know about you Dale but to me against the physical nature of the Tassie midfielders and defence Luke was found wanting. He needs a big off season in the gym.

The goal Brayden Shaw kicked on the run in the first quarter from about 40 metres out was a real gem. This underlined his class. He is going to be a ripper for Collingwood in the years to come. Heath is exciting and his snapped goal as well as his contested mark in the goal square in the second qurater were 2 rare highlights for a pretty lack lustre Willy team. These 2 boys need to be given time down to become consistent senior footballers at willy but both will get there oportunities next year.
I should have never been sacked as the president of the Collingwood Football Club.
Daks

Post by Daks »

Another weak performance from the boys. Am i surprised? No.
WKB

Post by WKB »

WKB, if you look at the pic of Willo, is that you in the background?
yes indeed it is Dale. That is our Williamstown crew. Im the large one with the OBree/Stienfort circa 2002 beard closest to camera.

But as for Leonard I know only one game but can't remember the last time I watched a bloke who just stood out so much, wasn't like I was focused on him so only noticed him, in fact had to check the record to see who it was to be fair but good lord just a hard nut.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Dale, do you think Nixon is a real chance of staying on the list for next season?