Round 15 vs Northern Bullants

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

WKB wrote:
where you sitting on the fence just on the fifty at the end that Willy kicked to in the last quarter next a stupid, over the top, loud, slightly angry, yet very passionate bloke and his mum, sister, her friend and baby niece?
Yeah mate, that was me rugged up in my ski gear, with my camera mounted on a monopod.

You forgot to mention when that ump #35 laughed after you told the ruckmen what to do. then he repeated it, word for word.

Don't worry about your behaviour. It's called passion, and if you can't vent at the footy, where can you?

Re: Heath. If he were to start the game the way he finishes, he'd already be in the Collingwood side. Admittedly, he was amongst it all day yesterday, but has picked up the nickname 'The Fourth Quarter Kid' due to his dominant last quarter performances over the season.

Totally agree with your comments about him, but have to add that he also knows where the goals are no matter where he gets possession inside 50.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

Thanx Dale.
grims

Post by grims »

If he's known as the 4th quarter kid then I think he would have done well in the collingwood side this year, our 4th's have been shocking.
Rizzo32

Post by Rizzo32 »

Great stuff Dale. Disappointing result, thought we'd show some late season form and be a chance to sneak into the finals, still a thin chance I guess with the final 8 from 13 teams, but we have the worst % in the league. Tough finish too with Tassie and Werribee, plus BH and Frankston, who are both showing better form than their lowly positions reflects.

My usual 2's q (only missing 4):
45 Fanning, David# - yep I'm guesssin
7 Gowers, Kurt
44 Leonard, Zane#
22 Laverde, Joe
53 Lee, Garry
51 McEwan, David
27 Male, Brenton
21 Puhar, Steven
50 Tavelangi, Tevita
52 Grossman, Matthew
54 Watts, Ricky
57 Handreck, Richard
56 Maher, Stephen

thanks again
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

45 Fanning, David# - yep I'm guesssin (Guessed correct)
7 Gowers, Kurt
44 Leonard, Zane#
22 Laverde, Joe - Yes
53 Lee, Garry - Yes
51 McEwan, David
27 Male, Brenton
21 Puhar, Steven
50 Tavelangi, Tevita
52 Grossman, Matthew
54 Watts, Ricky
57 Handreck, Richard - Yes.
56 Maher, Stephen
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
LeonSkyDiamonds

Morrison

Post by LeonSkyDiamonds »

Dale,would you put your reputation on the line,stick your neck out and tell us weather you reckon Morrison is going to make it.Has he got good hands and what's his kicking like?
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Can't fault his kicking, and he has got strong hands, but seems to still be favouring the reco'd shoulder slightly. He's a little tentative when it's a body-on-body contest, but when on the lead, he's almost unbeatable.

I'd like to see him given some time to mature (remember, he is still only a kid at 17), firstly as a person and secondly as a footballer, and in a year or two, he'll be worth the entry price just to see him play.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Dale61

Round 15 v Northern Bullants.

Post by Dale61 »

The Williamstown Report: VFL Round 15

http://collingwoodfc.com.au/default.asp ... feederclub

Someone posted the full article on EB&W, then someone from CFC replied and complained that by posting it there (EB&W) it was costing the club money as it was less hits on the CFC website. Telstra would also be getting their share, so why help the coffers of an uncaring Telco?

This, from the very people that denied us the chance of a photo shoot so the interstate fans could see the inner sanctum of our club.

If they (CFC) were so concerned about hits on the website, they should at least update it and remove the reference to Stereo974, who no longer has any interest in broadcasting games live to air.

I've included the URL mainly due to copyright reasons, but feel the club should have more pressing needs to worry about rather then worrying about what gets posted on unofficial fan sites.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
WKB

Post by WKB »

You forgot to mention when that ump #35 laughed after you told the ruckmen what to do. then he repeated it, word for word.
Yeah that is my stupid, childish, party trick every week. I sit on the equivalent 50 at willy every week. And that's all you here them gooses say.

"Arms down boys, no holding"