Round 14 vs Port Melbourne

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Dale61

Round 14 vs Port Melbourne

Post by Dale61 »

Pics from the senior game.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

More pics.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

These are the last of them.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Do you think that Brad Lloyd would be a good chioce late in the draft?
KingY'sChick32

Post by KingY'sChick32 »

For someone who should have never taken the field at Williamstown yesterday because of the flu, David King showed us that he still has what it takes to crack that senior team again this year.

Coughing all day long it didn't stop the backman beginning thrown into the forward pocket and kicking 4 goals!! If he can play like this sick I hate to see him next Sunday against the Bullants!!

Now just one game out of the 8, that back-to-back grand final is still on the cards for our boys!!
:lol: :lol:

Also, while talking about goals, Rhyce really gave it back to the critics!!
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

We are actually equal on points with eighth placed Bendigo, who had the bye this weekend. Our percentage is a shocker, but a win next week against the Bullants should see us slip into the eight. We then have two home games - Frankston and Tassie - before the bye, and finish the season with Werribee at home and Box Hill @ BH.

If we continue to play like we did yesterday, a fifth place finish is on the cards, but seventh or eighth is the most likely scenario.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Dale61

Fans angry at Shaw

Post by Dale61 »

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 95,00.html

IRATE spectators at a VFL match between Williamstown and Port Melbourne yesterday claimed Collingwood-listed defender Rhyce Shaw swore loudly and made rude gestures towards the crowd during the match.

The Herald Sun fielded three complaints from footy fans who were at the match at Williamstown, which the Magpies-aligned Seagulls won by 62 points.

The spectators claimed Shaw repeatedly swore and raised his middle fingers at a section of the crowd while celebrating a goal in the second half.

The witnesses claimed the tirade was heard by several children.

"It was just unnecessary and disgusting and I don't need to put up with that when I go to the football," Melton man Ron Miller said. "There were kids on the boundary who heard the whole thing. There was just no need for him to do it when his team were well up."

Wayne Hall, who also watched the match, told the Herald Sun: "There was no reason for it. It was a pretty blase game of footy."

The men said Shaw was not being heckled before the outburst.

Williamstown general manager Brendan Curry last night denied Shaw had sworn at the crowd and said the son of Magpie legend Ray Shaw had merely pumped his fists in the air after kicking a goal.

Collingwood football manager Neil Balme said the club had no knowledge of the incident, adding the report was "a load of crap".
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wonder if these complaints came from Port supporters. If they are so concerned about an opposition players actions, maybe they need to consider the language that was coming from the Port supporters near me. Not that it bothers me, but most of the Auskick kids were in the vicinity at the time.

What goes around, comes around.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Macgyver

Post by Macgyver »

I witnessed the incedent in question and thought it was quite harmless and as for that hall bloke saying that racer wasn't getting abused, well he better clean the shit out of his ears because he was gettin an absolute pasten from some of the port supporters.

As for the game i thought it was a great display by the boys who now have a wiff of the finals.I agree the young maggies players (crowie, shack, kingy and Mcgough) were fairly good as said by dale. But in all the match reports i have seen no one has said a word about the preformance of Luke Mullins who was great with 24 possesions and 2 goals and should almost get a run along with shack for the pies in the next few weeks.
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

The Port supporters that were standing behind me (Morris St. wing) were an absolute disgrace considering the kids in the vicinity.

Full of P155 and bad manners, but geez they loved Stevie Lawrence (p155head in his own right) and Corey (I am Dennis Pagan's love child) McKernan.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

Thanx Dale.
Hopefully B.Hall can play out the rest of the year injury free.
I hear what your saying about Billy, but is he also holding some of those marks?
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

He's grabbing the ones that get to him, but a lot of his leads are ignored.

I concentrated the camera on him during the third quarter, just to see if I could get a shot of him taking a grab, and at one stage, he would have led about 4 times, in different directions, and was ignored every time.

Fortunately, when the player with the ball decided to kick, he kicked a goal.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

Thanx Dale.

I just heard Sav on SEN talking about how much harder it is to play F.F in the reserves than the seniors coz of the delivery & also the speed in which the ball comes down.( faster in seniors). I guess as long as he (Billy) is leading & presenting himself, making 2nd efforts its all we can ask for at the moment.
Rizzo32

Post by Rizzo32 »

Great win! Initially thought it was a typo in the paper!!

No mention of Nixon, did he play? (Theodore & Pearce play as well?)

My usual 2's q:

24 Proctor, Clinton
7 Gowers, Kurt
28 Chiu, Anthony
44 Leonard, Zane#
42 Knight, Terry
22 Laverde, Joe
34 Uhi, Salesi
17 Ramsay, Aaron
38 Cape, Matthew
51 McEwan, David
26 Crawford, Ryan
29 Ashton, Brian
27 Male, Brenton
21 Puhar, Steven
50 Tavelangi, Tevita
52 Grossman, Matthew
54 Watts, Ricky
57 Handreck, Richard
56 Maher, Stephen

Thanks again Dale great pics as usual especially the Brent Hall pics, heard that he is a pretty impressive looking unit.
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Nixon, Theodore and Pearce played in the seniors.

24 Proctor, Clinton - Yes
7 Gowers, Kurt - No
28 Chiu, Anthony - Yes
44 Leonard, Zane# - No
42 Knight, Terry - Yes
22 Laverde, Joe - Yes
34 Uhi, Salesi - Yes
17 Ramsay, Aaron - Yes
38 Cape, Matthew - Yes
51 McEwan, David - No
26 Crawford, Ryan - Yes
29 Ashton, Brian - Yes