Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 255 times
Been liked: 108 times

Re: Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

Post by Presti35 »

I cant believe we're still in the Houston race. We were linked to Lord as well not that long ago.

Suns have picks 13, 23 and 29. One of these will be used in the Noble trade, hopefully 13. Fiorini has also been linked, but I'd much rather we get Houston with pick 13. That leads to Joe going to Port. Will Lord be a part of this, with or without Houston?

And then we have to talk about Kennedy. Will Carlton give him up if they miss out on Houston? And will they give him up to us, especially if we get Houston.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35
Has liked: 255 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Presti35 »

Take_a_Screamer wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:41 am
  • "COLLINGWOOD remains a potential landing spot for out-of-contract key defender Adam Tomlinson."
Hmm. Tomlinson is a fitness freak. But he hasn't been a reliable player since 2019. He is one of those guys that can play an entire match with little rest, but why dis the Dees not play him? Was he just behind May and Lever, leaving him without a spot? He missed their flag in 2021. Funnily enough he was a part of the inaugural GWS team, as was WHE. Here's a bit of trivia for you; Tomlinson and Townsend played in the inaugural GWS side, and then played against each other in the 2022 VFL GF (Casey Vs Newport). Very important to know these things. :lol:

So yeah, I dunno. I guess if we land the players we want in the trade period and still have that void in the backline, you offer him a 1 year deal. Just being 31 means we'll still need to fill this spot in 12 months. And what would it mean for Dean?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by piffdog »

^ Not quite the same player but I think Tomlinson would be additive to our list. Probably a better out and out footballer than Frampton - although his height gives him utility benefits.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Geek
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Geek »

Take_a_Screamer wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:41 am
Pies2016 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 9:56 pm I think #13 ( now revised from #12 ) comes into play even more so for Noble because that will either be #15 or #16 on the night. If we’re supposedly serious about Houston, then possibly # 13 + Richards is at least getting closer to satisfying Port with a trade for Houston.
  • "The Magpies are trying to attain pick 13 as part of the John Noble deal, but that would likely require Collingwood giving back a strong future pick, such as its 2025 first-round selection."
  • "COLLINGWOOD remains a potential landing spot for out-of-contract key defender Adam Tomlinson."
https://www.afl.com.au/news/1237509/ins ... -eye-demon
So our AFL reporter says that in order to get a mid first round pick, we will have to give a mid first round pick (possibly worse) and John Noble.

Therefore, Noble is worthless or worse.

Got the work experience kid doing the rounds on the AFL site again, I see.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Geek wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:38 pm So, our AFL reporter says that in order to get a mid first round pick, we will have to give a mid first round pick (possibly worse) and John Noble.
Therefore, Noble is worthless or worse.
Got the work experience kid doing the rounds on the AFL site again, I see.
@Geek You best read the article again. The senior journos that collaborated on the article are quite right. They're clearly saying that a competitive tender has emerged for GCS pick #12, and any offer needs to be enhanced, particularly if we believe a straight swap is one the cards.
In what Universe is Noble worth GCS current #12 pick? Not in this one. We'll need to table equivalent draft points at a minimum, and that'll likely mean a future 1st or 2nd to be added to the pot. If I was GCS, I'd be doing exactly the same.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

He has not been linked to us but interesting...

Carlton small forward Matt Owies who kicked 33 goals cannot find suitors
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/10/04/ ... e-suitors/
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
SLORT
Has liked: 182 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by SLORT »

I think the Blues were hoping Port would bite. They're waiting on whether Richards comes, so if that falls through and Richards stays with us then I think he'd be a good fit for them. I also think the Blues are juggling lots of balls, trying to find some way to get Houston. Thus Martin goes for salary space, and Kennedy with Owies are put on the trade list. Probably explains why we also have so many players waiting on their futures at the moment. Feels like it'll be an extra-complicated trading period with lots of shit not getting done till the last minute. At least Dedoro "the Constipator" won't be around to clog shit up even more...
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

I don't know a lot about Tomlinson, my memory snippets don't recall a damaging player.
I perceive he is not KPP, but rather, an ageing backup for the more aged Howe.

Someone has to eat the bread rolls

I could be wrong