Ex-Collingwood players still doing the playing rounds

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 117 times

Re: Ex-Collingwood players still doing the playing rounds

Post by Pies4shaw »

qldmagpie67 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 11:56 am Those swans who finished infront of Grundy on champion data (the data used by every club and coach and media outlet to give accurate data on player performances) where
Warner
Parker
Rowbottom
McMartin
Hayward
Florent
Jordan
Heeney
Try it again at 3/4 time. Grundy was the only one who deserved to be allowed to play in the 4th quarter - the rest of them should all have been subbed out for cactii.
Presti35
Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Presti35 »

Magpie Russ wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 12:01 pmBut 3-4 years after we traded him out and won a flag... and still... somehow if he underperforms we feel better about the 'trade'.
It really was a messy situation.

Grundy traded to Melbourne on 10 Oct 2022. Collingwood premiers on 30 Sept 2023. Grundy traded to Sydney on 10 Oct 2023. Swans belted in GF on 28 Sept 2023. Meanwhile, we had Cameron who has really stepped up.
Magpie Russ wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 12:01 pmWe won a flag. We have Cameron (ironically from Sydney).
Isn't that funny. Didnt think of that until I read this.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Given prevailing sentiment, I suppose it's unkind to mention how Collingwood was going to lose the QF against Melbourne until Cameron was subbed out and Ginnivan saved the game?
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

2018 shits me

Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ If only Nathan could coach!

Also, you should probably stop looking at that rubbish - you can’t change the result, so no good can come from it.
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

Agree. 2023 washed all that away... it is a way of showing Grundy was invested. Nothing more.
Presti35
Has liked: 210 times

Post by Presti35 »

Pies4shaw wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 4:14 pm ^ If only Nathan could coach!

Also, you should probably stop looking at that rubbish - you can’t change the result, so no good can come from it.
I feel like Bucks became a better coach as time went on, but it was all too late to save him. Looking back, we should have let him go to another club and then possibly come back later on. This of course would change history dramatically for us. Especially when thinking about 2011, 2012, 2018 thru to 2023. And when would Malthouse have left, who would have taken over, would Bucks have come back, whould he be coaching elsewhere, would we have Fly now... could we have won any flags between 2011-now, who knows...

And yes, 2018 haunted me. 2023 helped wash that away. And yes its no good thinking back to it as the results cannot be changed, but it's hard not to sometimes. I still think about that damned 2007 prelim! :cry:
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Magpie Russ wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 4:23 pm Agree. 2023 washed all that away... it is a way of showing Grundy was invested. Nothing more.
But by 2019 he was no longer invested in anything except Brodie Grundy.

The grand final just adds to a long list of games he had double the hitouts of his opponents and his team loses because they are straight to his feet or opposition midfielders.

Then his boyfriend will blame the midfield for not being able to win his terrible hitouts…
qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Pies4shaw wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:27 pm
qldmagpie67 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 11:56 am Those swans who finished infront of Grundy on champion data (the data used by every club and coach and media outlet to give accurate data on player performances) where
Warner
Parker
Rowbottom
McMartin
Hayward
Florent
Jordan
Heeney
Try it again at 3/4 time. Grundy was the only one who deserved to be allowed to play in the 4th quarter - the rest of them should all have been subbed out for cactii.
Grundy had 8 of his disposals in the last quarter so he had 14 in 3/4
You know what really escapes most people is how undermanned the Lions actually where
Unavailable
McInerney
Gardner
Doedee
McCarthy
Coleman
That’s 5 best 23 players and they’ll add the younger Ashcroft who’s apparently as good if not better than Will
Other than Mills they where at full strength

I would love to be a fly on the wall listening to some of the exit interviews
Other than Grundy who we know won’t get a pass mark on his season and I expect they’ll ask him outright other than the money why does he play the game because it couldn’t be pride in performance
I wonder if they’ll ask Blakey why did he persist in playing 5m in front of his man all day
Will they ask Armity why he can’t get a touch or when he gets a shot on goal how he manages to kick it OOF by 10m
We know there mids will get pass marks they can’t be held responsible for getting no decent service from a useless ruck
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Greedy should’ve taken less $$$$ & stayed at COLL, he would’ve had his medallion.

With all that money, perhaps he can buy himself one.

And I get they want $ but don’t you play to win a flag, yes the money helps, but ultimately that’s what everyone plays for, a Premiership.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!