Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

196+ cm is about the adjusted height of you Ablett, Brereton, Dunstall equivalent these days.
Newelly
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Newelly »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:47 pm 196+ cm is about the adjusted height of you Ablett, Brereton, Dunstall equivalent these days.
The difference is that the height creates a greater degree of difficulty in maintaining goalkicking accuracy. Longer drop of the football from hand to foot. Hence why we see a greater number of snaps on goal from set shots.
Chuffed to have seen 3 flag wins in my lifetime but still greedy for more.
On the March
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Post by On the March »

SLORT wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 6:27 pm I really do miss the days of the shorter, burly full forward with good leading and chest marking ability and straight kicking. So funny that we now get excited about forwards that can barely average 2 goals a game.
Was watching highlights of a Vic vs SA game with Brereton, Dunstall, and Lockett. Those were the days...
With all due respect SLORT those were your days!

My days were McKenna, Hudson, Wade and others who kicked a 100 in the late 60's and 70's.

In fact all of Macca (143), Hudson (146) and Jezza (115) kicked the ton in 1970.
Peter McKenna followed this up with 146 in 1971 but still finished second to Hudson with 150!

Besides the above others I can recall around the time were Blethyn, Donahue and later Templeton and Roach.
Made for exciting times!

Barret gives some interesting interviews with some of these blokes on the AFL website well worth a look in my opinion - and sorry to hijack a trade discussion!

https://www.afl.com.au/search?term=cent ... type=VIDEO
Presti35
Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Presti35 »

Newelly wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:33 amWhat would draw The Dees interest in Johnson?
Just thinking of their need for a FF, and that they've been linked to everyone, including Krueger.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

"Kane Cornes was concerned by comments made by Collingwood coach Craig McRae about his list-building philosophy. Speaking on SEN The Run Home, McRae said that he’s a coach who, ‘Wants to bring players in’, and that, ‘I don’t want picks, I want players’, particularly options that can make the side better straight away."

...Given that the 2024 AFL Draft is said to be stacked with talent, Cornes thinks that the club needs to bring McRae into line and continue hitting the draft instead of constantly prioritising established players.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/09/30/ ... -comments/
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Presti35
Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Presti35 »

It's just a quote. FWIW, I'd prefer established players that can help us win now whilst we have a capable list. But also being careful not to completely sell your future.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by Big T »

Agree with the Corne. Getting Perryman is awesome as he’s an UFA but if we snag a first rounder through some kind of Noble deal we should take a player in the draft and we absolutely should keep next years first as well.
Buon Giorno