Reigning Premiers

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Reigning Premiers

Post by BazBoy »

What absolute irony that Brizzy missing out on a top spot wins the silverware

I firmly believe we were the better side than Dorks/ Dogs & Scum and had as good a chance as Brizzy had we taken one eighth spots.
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

BazBoy wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:41 pm What absolute irony that Brizzy missing out on a top spot wins the silverware

I firmly believe we were the better side than Dorks/ Dogs & Scum and had as good a chance as Brizzy had we taken one eighth spots.
We weren't playing well enough to beat Whorethorn in September, and the ride they were on, in the form we were in.
Footscray maybe; the scum and Lions we got 4/0 in some close games.
Geebung maybe; IF we clicked on the night. Port we would have done, no question.
GWS perhaps, and Pink Ducks if the AwFuL allowed neutral maggots unlike last time.

It's a hypothetical we can discuss in coming days
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Re: The greatest moment in human history

Post by piedys »

Poor Berry redeemed himself today; mentioned in post match interview that it had been weighing him down for last 12 months
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Great to hear.

It’s a shame he got redemption today. Many better and more-deserving than him didn’t get the chance to atone. Still, it’s the stuff of nightmares and just winning won’t take away the taste of throwing up in his own mouth when he wakes in a cold sweat for the next 30 years.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

Great to watch this again – as with all these videos with multiple commentaries, Channel 7 is the worst (with Triple M not far behind; unsurprising as that's where Taylor and Brayshaw tend to moonlight).
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Presti35
Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by Presti35 »

Didnt know where else to put this but....

Are Sydney and Port the worst 1st and 2nd ever? Also, GWS would be filthy with themselves.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

What I said on our chances I will agree on Sydney and Port
Sydney & Port were woeful top two and two others apart from Briz were sizzling leading up to finals —although i said we were a chance if in
I would not cherish playing Dorks or GWS tho
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Newelly
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Newelly »

One has to honour the Second-prize Swans. 2014, 2016, 2022 and 2024. Hawthorn, Western Bulldogs, Geelong and Brisbane. Who wouldn't like to play them in a grand final? Teams are queuing up. Hurrah
Chuffed to have seen 3 flag wins in my lifetime but still greedy for more.