What are our chances ~ 2025

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Where do you think we'll finish in 2025?

Poll runs till Fri Oct 25, 2024 2:33 pm

1-4
56%
5-8
19%
9-12
19%
13-18
No votes
Ask me at the end of the trade period
6%
I don't care, as long as Carlton & Essendon don't win it
No votes

Total votes: 16

BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Re: What are our chances ~ 2025

Post by BazBoy »

Based on how finals was formed and a side-5th goes on to get the chocolates then we had we made it would have made the semifinals and pos the preliminary
A wild statement but we were better geared than Dorks or Dogs or Scum for hard edged finals
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by Big T »

A few young teams have to improve next year. For me it’s 5-12 range again. A lot depends on trades.
Buon Giorno
What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Pain and suffering is the most powerful emotion. Lions used the pain of a close loss in 2023 to win the flag. Pies used the pain of a close loss in 2022 to win the flag.

The question is, are we hurting enough to win in 2025? For me, look to GWS and Hawthorn as the sides with the greatest amount of pain from 2024.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
SLORT
Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by SLORT »

What'sinaname wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:13 am The question is, are we hurting enough to win in 2025?
2 days ago ~ "Pies on track early, Collingwood players Pat Lipinski, Nick Daicos, Tom Mitchell and Isaac Quaynor are all out training, as reported by Jon Pierik on the ground. Daicos completed 100-metre sprints and doing some ball work with Mitchell " ~ Says it all.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by Pies2016 »

^^^
I keep saying it, the true professionals set out to have personal best off seasons. It’s the off season or the non compulsory sessions that sets up your pre season. It’s a good sign but ultimately you’re looking for buy in from most of the senior group as a minimum ( which is not to say that isn’t happening anyway )
If you’re not giving yourself every opportunity to be the version of yourself as an athlete, the chances are you’ll play on someone who has.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Full injury free seasons from JDG, the Daicos bros, Moore, Cameron and McStay should enable us to secure a top 4 berth imo.
Presti35
Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Presti35 »

Next years ladder will be the hardest to predict. Who is going to climb? Who is going to fall?

I felt like Collingwood would have been able to cause some upsets had we made the 8 this year. But we'll never know. I think we can jump over clubs like Port and Swans and are already better than Crows, Essendon, Freo, Suns, Dees, North, Tigers, and WCE. I feel like Saints will actually improve, but that we will be better than them. Who is hard to predict, for me, is Lions, Blues, Cats, Hawks, GWS, and Dogs. Those clubs could go either way and I'm not sure if we'll be jumping them or not. But we can make the top 4 if injuries dont hit us.

Once we've had free agency and trade week, we'll know a bit more about where our list is at I guess.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!