Grand Final. Swans v. Lions

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Grand Final. Swans v. Lions

Post by eddiesmith »

Best grand final I’ve ever watched on TV.

Such an enjoyable day and we can safely say Meatloaf has performed better on grand final day than Brodie Grundy!!!
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Swans only made 1 error that cost them the GF
They recruited Grundy
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

I know you're just trying to wind up P4S, but that's obviously a ridiculous thing to say about any team that's just lost a grand final by ten goals (particularly when Grundy was a long way from the worst on ground). That takes a whole-of-team effort, or lack thereof.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Swans board in big footy blaming the coach for not playing Adams!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ I'm not surprised - as I said somewhere else, he isn't much good but at least he wants it. There was a fair lack of character from a number of supposedly star players today. Eg, you'd rule a line throught the names of Gulden and Warner if you were recruiting for a top team. I actually thought there was a bit of softness about those and a few others last week in earlier Finals but they won, so you tend to put the concern aside.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

One thing is certain, the only good, close, exciting Grand Finals,are those involving the Collingwood Football club ,whether we win ,lose,or draw. 1point , 4 points, 10 points, 8 points, 5 points, losses, but a 4 point win last season. WE give real value for money in GFs, not like the pitiable Pink Ducks, two annihilations back to back. Our GFs are close and tight, exciting to the end.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

think positive wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:19 pm Swans board in big footy blaming the coach for not playing Adams!
But Longmanure played a crippled McDonald, for what, sheer guilt out of omitting him from the other 2022GF debacle?

GWS must be literally spewing blood after coughing up big leads against both these teams in QF & SF... they really blew it.

This is why I was so stoked Lions rolled the over-rated pussycats last week - imagine Geefcukingbung walking all over these soft cock pink ducks today for the 2nd time in three years, for yet another GIFT premiership?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
mightypies90
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by mightypies90 »

I’m glad that Geelong lost last week. They always seem to get the easy grand final wins. GWS are a soulless club, they have nothing to play for when it counts. Pathetic with all the talent they have.
The artist formerly known as schuey7.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

mightypies90 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:53 pm
piedys wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:46 pm
GWS must be literally spewing blood after coughing up big leads against both these teams in QF & SF... they really blew it.

This is why I was so stoked Lions rolled the over-rated pussycats last week - imagine Geefcukingbung walking all over these soft cock pink ducks today for the 2nd time in three years, for yet another GIFT premiership?
I’m glad that Geelong lost last week. They always seem to get the easy grand final wins.
Vomit inducing isn't it; but Lions were absolutely desperate last week, never dropped their heads, and just got on with the task of reducing the deficit after half time.
mightypies90 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:53 pm GWS are a soulless club, they have nothing to play for when it counts. Pathetic with all the talent they have.
Pretty much have squandered all the players they started with back in 2012, barring who, Kelly, Whitfield and one or two others perhaps?

If I had my way, GWS and GCS would NEVER have been allowed to form in the first place. They absolutely bastardised the draft and talent pool for 15 years solid now.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:19 pm Swans board in big footy blaming the coach for not playing Adams!
Tay would have at least had a crack and gone in hard, unlike his so called superstar mid teammates like Heeney and Gulden who were shown up as utter softcock showponies. Heeney has more natural ability in his little finger than anyone of the Brisbane midfield (except Ashcroft) have in their whole body but he got taught a lesson today in effort and application. They had it, he didn't.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Grundy rucked against a guy playing his 38th game and Joe Daniher.

You wont get an easier GF to absolutely dominate the clearances.

Yes, he wasn't close to Worst OG, but given the circumstances, he should have been BOG by the length of the Flemington straight.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

David wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:08 pm I know you're just trying to wind up P4S, but that's obviously a ridiculous thing to say about any team that's just lost a grand final by ten goals (particularly when Grundy was a long way from the worst on ground). That takes a whole-of-team effort, or lack thereof.
lol, he’s their highest paid player and was getting pushed around by Joe Daniher in yet another finals game where he gets the ball and does nothing. He had a lot of handballs directly to Brisbane players and any time the umpire actually bounced it straight, he was run over and lost the hitout.

At one stage Sydney had double the hitouts from some wayward bounces but had 0 hitouts to advantage…

It’s a shocking performance on the biggest stage yet again from one of the top 10 highest paid players in the league.
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

FWIW I heard Max Gawn on Triple M early in the week saying that he considered Fort to be the best 2nd ruck in the league. Fort is no mug and I was very happy for him to be a premiership player, strangely proud of how big Oscar conducted himself (absolute class act of a team man) and Grundy was by no means the reason why Sydney lost. That finger can be pointed in many places, but not at him.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by Big T »

SLORT wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:29 pm And his brother looks to be just as good.
Unfortunately his brother is apparently better. And they have a second top 10 academy player in this years draft who bugger me plays for Sandringham and was BOG in the granny. Rigged not?
Buon Giorno
Presti35
Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by Presti35 »

And Heeney has now revealed he had an injury throughout the finals campaign? He tore it up against the GWS. Is this just an excuse coming out?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!