Buyers Remorse

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Buyers Remorse

Post by What'sinaname »

what rhymes with Thor?
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 88 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

P4S you can’t actually believe he dominated ?
At best he broke even in the second half but the first half he was soundly beaten by Forte and Daniher
He was dragged in the first 5 minutes of the first bounce as the writing was on the wall that early
The Lions like all smart sides know his taps for within a 2ft radius of his feet
The greatest midfield can’t win the ball when they don’t know where it’s going
Hit outs as I’ve said for ages is the most overrated star going around like SuperCoach points there meaningless
I’ll wait to get the champion data points and see some really stats
If Grundy has any intestinal fortitude and pride in his performance he will hand back his pay packet and announce his retirement tonight
qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

What'sinaname wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:58 pm what rhymes with Thor?

Loser ?
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ I think if you brought a fair mind to it, what you would see is Thor putting the ball to his team's advantage only for his mids to be first to the ball but let it be taken by the guy coming in second who wanted it more. There were a lot of clean hitouts down Swan throats that resulted in Brisbane clearances. It was like they cloned Treloar about a dozen times and got him to wear Sydney player masks.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Yeah nah,

Your so called Thor couldn't beat a ruckman playing his 38th game. He's just lucky he didn't have to compete against Oscar.

If Sydney were to win, they needed their ruck to absolutely smash a 38 game rookie.

He didn't and they didn't.

Thor is Owen-Two.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by Big T »

He was okay but expected to be a lot better. Looked ominous early in the first quarter taking the ball out of the ruck but then Forte got on top. End of the day his around the ground work won him some points but he seems to totally lack synergy with his midfield and that was very costly once again. Mind you, Sydney have displayed an arrogance that has cost them a flag - drinking their own bath water, the Heeney brownlow rubbish from his suspension, the Mills drawn out gf saga etc acting as if he will miss a premiership medallion. End of the day, an average ruckman who’s best days are well gone playing in a team of arrogant selfish players. Go back and watch some of Grundies earlier games especially 2018 - he’s nothing like that. I suspect he will be in and out of the side next year.
Buon Giorno
qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

P4S if your took off your rosey coloured glasses you would see he while he for his hands to ball first it rarely went to his mids cleanly
He had 6 hit outs to advantage out of 36 hit outs (the most useless stat in the game)
After rewatching the game (waiting for NRL game) I took the time to closely watch the centre bounces and the stoppages
Grundy for his hand to the ball first about 2/3rds of the time yet of those it normally always went to a disputed contest which the lions won
The clearance numbers finished about even
So given he for his hand to the ball first so often you can clearly see it wasn’t to his mids advantage
Given he played against guy who isn’t even rated there 2nd ruck (that’s been Daniher) he was expected to dominate and he certainly didn’t do that

So we can basically close this thread now as it’s a mute topic now
Grundy has played 2 GF’s and hasn’t been able to put his team in a position to win either
Let’s see how many young rucks the swans draft or trade for in the next few weeks
Finally go watch the after match when Longmire and cox where consoling the players. Longmire basically snubbed him. He spent a minute or more with each player but when he got to Grundy it shock his hand for about 4 seconds didn’t say a word and went to the next player who he then embraced and spoke to him for around 45 seconds
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ At some point, you should just accept that you were completely wrong with this thread. Grundy was clearly the only Swans player who won his position yesterday. It was a dreadful result and there will be a lot of finger pointing but it would be startling if anyone within the club wanted to single out Grundy, other than as an example for the rest of their slugs of someone doing his best in difficult circumstances.

You’d think Longmire would have been avoiding Grundy. What was he going to say? “Sorry mate, I recruited you under false pretences to play with a team of soft losers”?
Presti35
Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Presti35 »

I'll just say this. Grundy was not the reason Swans lost yesterday. I thought he was one of the only players that did ok. Could he have done more? Well, yes. But so could 20 other Swans players. Fort just did what he needed to do and that was compete, similar to Frampton last year. Fort was not disgraced and did what he had to do for the Lions.

I'd be asking McDonald why he put his hand up to play. I'd be asking Amartey where the f he was. I do agree that Grundy is not the same player he was and at 30, he will be asking himself if he'll get another chance. I would agree that he regrets joining Melbourne as a wasted year in his career. Were there other teams looking at him before going to Sydney?

Are we still paying a portion of his contract? He's with the Swans until the end of 2027 right?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

So, Thor finished the season second for hitouts - behind only O'Brien, 6th for contested possessions (his 312 was way ahead of any other ruckman) - behind only Cripps, Green, Neale, Bontempelli and Rowell, with 469 disposals, with 17 goal assists (a mile ahead of any other ruckman) etc etc.

On any sensible view, he was a recruiting coup for Sydney.

Also - and this is critical, his Grand Final output was in the top 25% of his games all year. Unlike his teammates, he actually turned up to the Grand Final.