Trade Winds : Ollie Lord

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Trade Winds : Ollie Lord

Post by derkd »

I could be putting two and two together to make seven here, but I have a theory.

Has Richards already informed Collingwood he wants out to Port?
In this case, what we know is that Fly has already gone on the record to the media to say he "wants players, not picks" in the trade period.

Collingwood have thrown the line out to Lord to say:
'Richards is going out the door, we are after a player, would love a key forward, your almost a walk up start to our best 22 (with the age profile of our forward line). Also you get to come home to Victoria.

I have said many times before, straight player exchanges are basically extinct in the AFL. But this could be as close as we get.
Richards to Port along with Collingwood 3rd round (pick 48)
Lord to Collingwood and Ports 3rd rounder (pick 54)

I think that is a win win! For both clubs
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by derkd »

I saw the final he played for Port where he kicked 4! He has talent
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Here's an article devoted to Ollie Lord
https://www.zerohanger.com/power-forwar ... ws-155484/
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

<Mod edit - Bumped from Draft thread>
[quote= @Pies2016 Pies2016 post_id=2212998 time=1727329700 user_id=10350]

@LaurieHolden I never saw Lord play at the Dragons for a couple reasons. Lord didn’t play in the TAC cup in 2020 because of the Covid cancellation of the competition. He also played a fair bit of APS footy, so I’m guessing when I was watching the Dragons, he was fulfilling his school commitments. I obviously knew he was a Dragons player and had heard of him but don’t remember ever seeing him first hand. Never heard anything negative about him but he was a bit of a ghost at the club for the above reasons.
We all need to remember the 2020 draft was the infamous Covid draft and there were as many players selected earlier than their current AFL form suggests, as there could be players who will go on to exceed their draft position. Lord could yet be one of those. Like most, I thought he showed he a bit when he played in the seniors in 2023, so maybe there’s a bit to work with. If I’m Port, I’d be reluctant to let him go also but I can’t stress enough, this is the draft you want to be a part of, so Port may be tempted to part with him more this year than most other years.[/quote]
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

With Port losing one, possibly two, key forwards in this off-season, arent they likely to want to keep Lord for now?

<Mod edit - @Gerry Cooper discussed one page back>
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Apparently Lord didn't say anything about wanting to leave at his exit meeting, that may change if Port get Lukosious
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by Pies2016 »

We need to remember, most of the Lord talk started on the back of the very likely Lukosuis trade to Port.
Dixon has retired, so simplistically you could say Lukosuis is replacing Dixon ( I’m assuming Lukosuis would arrive as a key forward )

Ports dilemma is more about how they manage Todd Marshall’s very real concussion issues. The more they feel Marshall’s future as a footballer is in jeopardy, then the more likely they would want to keep Lord.

As it now stands, their likely 2025 key forward options would be Georgiadis, Lukosuis, Lord and Marshall, who is subject to further medical reviews.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Presti35
Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by Presti35 »

Pies2016 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 12:12 pmtheir likely 2025 key forward options would be Georgiadis, Lukosuis, Lord and Marshall, who is subject to further medical reviews.
Whats up with Marshall?
^<Mod edit - @Presti35 discussed above and one page back>

If he and Georgiadis are A-ok and Lukosuis comes along, there's a window to get Lord. Is it true that the club has spoken with him? Was that reported somewhere?

"He has the obvious family link to Geelong, and one to Melbourne having trained there during the off-season."

Have Geelong come for him at any point? We know what they're like.
The Dees are circling as we speak, but players know that's not the place to be right now.
Lets say we get him, does he play round 1?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

If we landed Lord could we move checkers into the back line ?
If i remember correctly wasn’t checkers a defender when we picked him up in the mid season draft
He would be a hard at it defender for sure and can take intercept marks

<Mod edit - @qldmagpie67 ^^that's a discussion for the #41 Brody Mihocek or On field positional changes 2025 threads - please keep discussions relevant to the subject>
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

SLORT wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:02 pm Sam Weideman 197cm...Just saying, don't get your hopes up.
What?! The Dopers part with their prized VFL star - I think not! :lol:
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever