2024 Mark of the Year winner - Bobby Hill

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: 2024 Mark of the Year winner - Bobby Hill

Post by piffdog »

I thought the bont goal was goty and nick missed out a) because “he’s won enough accolades already and will win more…” and b) Reid has to get a consolation prize after being ruled ineligible for the rising star.

Forgot that Elliott has already won moty once. I actually thought his 2024 mark was “technically” better than Bobby, but glad it was one of our boys.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I reckon Sidey should have got a special runner up mention for his mark 😂
Presti35
Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Presti35 »

^Imagine having all three finalists.

Geez, you really could feel everyone hoping for the North player to win. I had friends saying it was the better mark since the day he took it. (Essendon supporters). I mean I get that ppl dont like the club, but the best goal and mark should go to the best goal and mark. It doesnt need to go to the player to the team you prefer. If someone takes a screamer then so be it, what does it matter if he's playing for Collingwood, or any other team?

The Howe-Daniher debacle is still debated in my friend group.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!