#29 Joe Richards

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: #29 Joe Richards

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Richards is a good player but still on the fringe and an unproven regular performer, an extension is not guaranteed after 3.

Pies offer a house, Port a house and a $400,000? 'cash bonus'.(Providing salaries are equal).

When the 4 year deal is over, still young enough for an extension if he is good enough.

I would take the 4 year deal.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by K »

Gerry Cooper wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:55 pm I dont think I would be that disappointed if we lost Richards. The one thing we aren't short of is talented small forwards with Bobbie, Beau, Schultz, Harrison and others who could play that role. I think Richards is very talented but he is a small body that wont get a lot bigger. He has difficulty applying effective physical pressure, both when tackling and in packs, and is likely to remain an outside player for most of his career. ...
Apart from Hill, the others you list are very... err... working-class. If Joe "has difficulty applying effective physical pressure", then Beau is the opposite. He only has physical pressure. At some point, you want more than that... Can't have three defensive forwards, no key power forward and expect to win flags. (Hill's not gonna win Norm Smith every GF!)
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

According to a very reliable source on Utube, Joe has been offered by us, the same contract deal that Port is offering, so he aint going nowhere , staying a Magpie.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.