Doing a good deed

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Culprit
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Doing a good deed

Post by Culprit »

I am fostering a dog after a call for help from a friend. A woman's Mother passed away and the dog was in the house with the invalid Father. Neglected and barely fed. Then the Father had a turn and was sent to hospital and then in Palliative care, he passed away yesterday. For three weeks the dog was fed once and left alone each day. I met the dog and it wasn't very pleasant inside the house, she was angry and protective of the house. I got her outside and she was a lot better, not as angry. Anyway, I decided to Foster Biscuits for 6 weeks with potentially it being forever. 3rd day now and she is a lot better, the aggressiveness has gone. It will take some time but each day is an improvement. Biscuits is 8 years old and a Westie Cross Wheaten Terrier.
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

There's a touch of fate in that, your dog that only died a few months was a Westie wasn't it?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

So this is about other people.

I'd been collecting the Disney cards from Woolies for the Grandson. You get 1 packet of cards for each $30 spent, but I'd usually get a few extras when I said they were for the Grandson. He loves all kinds of trading cards.

I had him over this last weekend, he loved all the cards we had and wanted the folder to put them in, so off we went to Woolies in Bundoora. Bought the folder and a colouring book, went to the check out and the grandson asked the lady at the checkout if he could please have some cards. I didn't spend enough to get 1 pack, she gave him 10. As we were walking back to the car, chatting about how happy he was with 10 packs, I head a voice behind me calling out. Turned around and there's another woman in a Woolies uniform walking towards us. Me and the grandson looked at each other and both thought (confirmed this later) Oh shit, what have we done?

The woman walked up to us and just said, "She didn't give you enough cards" and gave me another 30 packs. The kid was over the moon.

Quiet next 45 minutes while he opened all the packs and put them on the folder. 7 cards short and back to Woolies next day, sorry all out.

So today I jumped on the local community group on Facebook and asked if anyone had the cards I needed to complete the set and within minutes I had a stack of responses. I drove to one young womans house to collect some from her mailbox and the final card was hand delivered by another young woman.

That's community spirit.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Culprit
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by Culprit »

stui magpie wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 11:03 am ^

There's a touch of fate in that, your dog that only died a few months was a Westie wasn't it?
Yes he was. I wasn’t looking at getting another dog but day 4 it’s like it’s all falling into place. I think she’s been treated badly as 2 days in a row I have place a training chain on her neck and she has yelped. Putting a collar on she shakes. I have a harness I will try tomorrow and see how that goes. Left her alone today so we could see how she’d cope alone and she was fine. It’s little steps per day.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Culprit wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:38 pm I am fostering a dog after a call for help from a friend. A woman's Mother passed away and the dog was in the house with the invalid Father. Neglected and barely fed. Then the Father had a turn and was sent to hospital and then in Palliative care, he passed away yesterday. For three weeks the dog was fed once and left alone each day. I met the dog and it wasn't very pleasant inside the house, she was angry and protective of the house. I got her outside and she was a lot better, not as angry. Anyway, I decided to Foster Biscuits for 6 weeks with potentially it being forever. 3rd day now and she is a lot better, the aggressiveness has gone. It will take some time but each day is an improvement. Biscuits is 8 years old and a Westie Cross Wheaten Terrier.
aww im so glad you got the bikkies! xx thats awesome, as Stui said, fate xxx
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

good stuff stui xx
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!