Biden presidency and 2024 election campaign

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Which 3 workers do you say are looking to take an "independent road" at the moment? Try to keep it a little bit real.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Pies4shaw wrote:Which 3 workers do you say are looking to take an "independent road" at the moment? Try to keep it a little bit real.
It is already starting to happen, without you realising it:

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2023/1 ... m-n09.html
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

So what actually comprises "The Working Class" these days? How do you define a "Worker"?

Is it anyone who draws a salary? Does it exclude Managers who get a salary? Does it include knowledge workers or is it purely blue collar unionised workers?

If I own a Kebab shop/bakery/cafe/fruit & Vege shop and work 60 hour weeks myself but also employ a few staff am I a "Worker" or one of the elite capitalist class?

Just trying to understand , I really hope your New World Order doesn't foresee the CFMEU running the country.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Back to the debate quickly, saw this on Twitter, Gold.

https://x.com/Ruggsly/status/1806530918 ... 43/photo/1
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

stui magpie wrote:So what actually comprises "The Working Class" these days? How do you define a "Worker"?
This is clear, Stui - "workers" are all those with 4-wheel drive vehicles that aren't Range Rovers.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Pies4shaw wrote:
stui magpie wrote:So what actually comprises "The Working Class" these days? How do you define a "Worker"?
This is clear, Stui - "workers" are all those with 4-wheel drive vehicles that aren't Range Rovers.
So you two think that all the commodities in the world, cars, trucks, aeroplanes, food products, computer chips, ...just emerge out of thin air?
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

No, I asked a legit question. How do you define "The Working Class"?
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Pies4shaw wrote:
That's ironic, I qualified as a "worker" after I stopped working. :wink: :lol:
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ It's not too late to get a Range Rover, of course.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by What'sinaname »

I guess the outgoing CEO of Boeing is a worker.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ It's not too late to get a Range Rover, of course.
Nah, I'd never buy an English car, they're over priced rubbish. Mind you, I believe the Rolls Royce engines performed well when taken from the confines of a pimped out hearse and put into a fighter plane, but that may just be a 75 year old rumour.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Apparently, agreeing to hold the debate before the 2024 DNC is because many Democrat members don't want Biden to run. Unfortunately, the real President, Dr Jill is insistent that Joe run and a sitting President is not seriously challenged.

It is hoped that the embarrassment in the debate will convince Jill that Joe should step down.

However, as we've seen, she's set the bar low. She celebrated that Joe answered every question.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

@ David, with that description of the Democrats clear incompetence as a party, you have to think how the hell they could actually govern anything regardless of who was notionally in charge as POTUS.

On the other hand, the Republicans allowed themselves to be taken over by the Cult of Trump.

And I thought Australian politics was in a mess.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Yeah, they're trapped in a race to the bottom. Biden is there because he beat Trump last time and his policy outcomes were ultimately pretty good in the circumstances. He would presumably have retired gracefully in advance in normal times, but he's locked to Trump and the Trump cult defines everything.

Add a creepy politically appointed Supreme Court that interprets the ancient books literally or metaphorically to suit the extremists, throwing the odd bone to pretend to look non-political, and they have no backstop in law, either. Meanwhile, their ridiculous adoration of an executive grants far too much power to the presidency, meaning one fruitcake can wreck everything. Add a bizarrely backward level of religiosity, and here we are.

It's very hard to see a positive outcome at this stage, but there's still time for them to shift gears. At least there is now strong impetus to replace Biden.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm