Football media (press / radio / commentators et al)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

It was full on barracking for Freo, who won the game apparently.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

I watch but mute the biased bastards. I put radio on, but its ten seconds time delay, ABC commentators not too bad, though MM can be a cantankerous old fart sometimes.!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
GreekLunatic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

Is hodge upset over 2011 PF or last year GF. It seemed to me he lost a bet on Freo to win
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Were there any big bets on Freo in the last qtr? Be interesting
Simply_Brutal
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Simply_Brutal »

Hodge was passionately against the free on Sullivan and then advocating a 50 in favour of Collingwood.

Some of you lot are so sensitive. If anything the commentary was talking as if we had already won in the 2nd. You’re being ridiculous.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Channel 7 been trash since Denis commeti retired
1eyedpie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

Piesnchess wrote:I watch but mute the biased bastards. I put radio on, but its ten seconds time delay, ABC commentators not too bad, though MM can be a cantankerous old fart sometimes.!
PNC you can download the Sen app and they now have “SYNC” just choose the correct button ch7 or Kayo works great!
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
BEAMER09
Been liked: 12 times

Post by BEAMER09 »

What made the 2023 Grand Final not so good is listening to Richardson and Hodge commentating. Seriously, they are so bad and boring and lifeless and have been for a long time, they would be great at a Day Care Centre as guaranteed to put those kids to sleep in no time.
COLLINGW09D
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

^ Nothing like dear old Mike Williamson, Butch Gale, and Teddy "hit the bounddary line" Whitten, Ch 7, and Jack "if you dont mind,umpire" the Captain and the Major, on radio, 3 KZ, when I was a lad. !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 236 times

Post by Jezza »

Luke Hodge should never be allowed to commentate another Collingwood match.
He cannot hide his hatred for us.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by shawthing »

23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:Channel 7 been trash since Denis commeti retired
Never thought I'd miss him and McAvaney so much. But I really do. I get misty nostalgic over the commentators of the past. Even the late Drew Morphett.

The biggest problem of course is that Aussie commentators don't STFU and let the picture tell the story. Watch some of the best US commentators or soccer commentators in England. It is minimalist commentary. These dipsticks think they have to fill every single second with their inane jabber! Pathetic.

And it's not just footy. Compare the great Richie Benaud who was economical with his words, with the crap we are forced to listen to when watching cricket these days. They love the sound of their own voices.
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by shawthing »

BEAMER09 wrote:What made the 2023 Grand Final not so good is listening to Richardson and Hodge commentating. Seriously, they are so bad and boring and lifeless and have been for a long time, they would be great at a Day Care Centre as guaranteed to put those kids to sleep in no time.
Listen Richo should be a member of Mensa. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matt Richardson On Wheel Of Fortune Mid 1990's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO1uLjbCbNY
slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by slangman »

CH7 have replaced a master of linguistics with a bunch of bogans.
- Side By Side -
DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

Hard to disagree - they are generally ordinary at best
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Simply_Brutal wrote:Hodge was passionately against the free on Sullivan and then advocating a 50 in favour of Collingwood.

Some of you lot are so sensitive. If anything the commentary was talking as if we had already won in the 2nd. You’re being ridiculous.
I tend to agree with this. Dayne Russell is about the only commentator I can't abide. I disagree that the commentators are biased against Collingwood, I guess people are hearing what they want to hear.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.