The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Zed wasn’t trying to debunk your story mate
I got my version from a internal source at Collingwood yours seems to be from a Crows insider
Every story has 2 sides maybe the truth is in the middle
Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

^Agreed qldmagpie67. The truth can sometimes have many parts and often an amalgamation of many rumours and just as many perspectives. TBH I’m just going with what I was told at the time by a well connected insider in both camps…anyway it’s all just rumours unless we’re actually there or privy to the dealings and conversations ourselves.

^^ Correct K. I referred to that as a juxtaposition to how unsettled Tex was around that period and the inner turmoil he was most likely experiencing…there was a deeper connection with earlier trade speculation and that incident…can’t recall what it was. I guess we may never really know, unfortunately the source of this inside info/rumour passed last year.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

After our hit out last weekend 2 senior players where summoned to coaches office with Leppa and told they have 3-4 games to improve there form and set higher standards or they’ll be banished to VFL for remainder of season
Both players form has been well below expectation and there GPS data, game stats and training performance has been well below acceptable levels
Coach made it clear there playing for their futures not just at the club but in the AFL
With the June/July deadline for contract decisions for veterans fast approaching I think this is the shot across the bow as a warning to all veterans
Watch this space there could be a couple of retirement announcements coming in the next month or so
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

As much as I love a bit of inside info, I’m also a bit aggrieved that there are people inside the organisation that share this stuff.
I think it’s called cognitive dissonance.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

dalyc wrote:As much as I love a bit of inside info, I’m also a bit aggrieved that there are people inside the organisation that share this stuff.

I think it’s called cognitive dissonance.
It’s been happening at all clubs for years they leak like a canoe made from cardboard
How did you think journalists get there scoops
I’ll say one thing
Most of the time the info coming out isn’t of a nature that harmful or personal
I think we all realise there’s pressure on our veterans and some of the younger players and in this instance wouldn’t be of a huge surprises to many
I didn’t name the players on purpose because that I believe shouldn’t be in the public domain until such time it becomes public knowledge from actions from the club itself
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

LaurieHolden
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

qldmagpie67 wrote:With the June/July deadline for contract decisions for veterans fast approaching I think this is the shot across the bow as a warning to all veterans
Did the AFL bring in the proposed 'return of the veterans list' post the survey last year?
Last edited by LaurieHolden on Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
LaurieHolden

Post by LaurieHolden »

qldmagpie67 wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:With the June/July deadline for contract decisions for veterans fast approaching I think this is the shot across the bow as a warning to all veterans
Did the AFL bring in the proposed 'return of the veterans list' post the survey last year?
What is the deadline relating to?
2023 AFL Premiers
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 51 times

Post by warburton lad »

I'm not sure about the deadline mentioned either-
One may assume that decisions are being made on careers (post-2024) in the next 8 weeks or so.
I would be surprised if anyone retired mid-season, however, there are precedents at several clubs.
There is a sense that the Club will be looking to move some cattle on to fatten up a war-chest for potential free agents.
Would not be surprised in the least if player manager continue to push up the Collingwood name for their clients to fatten up their next contracts at their existing club.
It is no coincidence that a return to consistent winning often squashes these rumours. The opposite, of course, is also true.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

warburton lad wrote:^
Lad no one will retire during the 2024 season (other then if it’s injury based) it’s whether the club will offer them a contract last 2024
LaurieHolden

Post by LaurieHolden »

As with all 'rumours', they can soon become embellished with each degree of separation to a point where the rumour can start to become like a fortune teller / psychics 'insights', where we glean from them what we want to hear and the facts are really just general observations from a range of sources.
2023 AFL Premiers
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Yes, the rumour really is, at its core, that the Football Department has told some players in a side with a 40% win record that if their output doesn’t improve they will get dropped. Personally, I’m startled - seriously, who knew that coaches dropped players when they weren’t playing well? Is this just another revolutionary thing we’re doing at Collingwood?
qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Mock if it makes you feel good
But the rumour wasn’t based on a just any players it was on veterans and basically will decide there future at the club
I was of the impression that members of nicks where interested on gaining some inside knowledge
Perhaps not
rad

Post by rad »

The thread is about ‘rumours’, if you don’t want to hear them from posters that are legitimate then why read the thread?

I for one want to encourage you qldmagpie67 to please continue providing.
Jezza
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 236 times

Post by Jezza »

qldmagpie67 wrote:Mock if it makes you feel good
But the rumour wasn’t based on a just any players it was on veterans and basically will decide there future at the club
I was of the impression that members of nicks where interested on gaining some inside knowledge
Perhaps not
Keep posting mate. Always enjoy your insights and anything you’re hearing from the club.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆