Indigenous Voice to Parliament

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Cringeworthy on many fronts, from actually using an idiotic referendum (did you learn nothing from Brexit, you morons?), to the horror lies from the usual dimwits who can only motivate themselves to get out of bed to kick someone in the nuts (did you learn nothing from Brexit, you morons?).

All that just to humiliate an entire people. Grotesque right across the entire spectrum of politics, for and against.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by slangman »

Magpietothemax wrote:
slangman wrote: A Royal Commission into indigenous run programs would be a good start because the funding and resources are there but strangely there seems to be no progress.
The funding and resources are not there. the claim that there is "too much waste" is a lie, spread by both Labor and Liberal politicians, to justify further cuts to Federal spending on the aboriginal population, instead transferring the money across to buying military armaments and tax cuts for the rich. Any Royal commission would simply cover this up.
Billions of dollars are allocated specifically for indigenous services and program each year. The figures are public knowledge and I suggest you do some research.
- Side By Side -
pietillidie

Post by pietillidie »

Totally agree, David.

Quite literally, the only thing that gets lobotomised social media zombies out of bed - and that's two-thirds of all people - is opposing some group.

How dumb must the ALP be to not know that?

That said, dumb is better than extremist, and I actually think overall Albanese is preferable to the assortment of fruitcakes on offer.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

slangman wrote: Billions of dollars are allocated specifically for indigenous services and program each year. The figures are public knowledge and I suggest you do some research.
Anyone who takes the time to actually find out about the devastating poverty inflicted upon the vast majority of the indigenous population would understand how absurd it is to claim that any government, Labor or Liberal, has done anything other than persecute the Aboriginal population, steal their children, propose shrapnel "compensation", kill Aboriginal people in custody, and impose third world social conditions.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
KenH

Post by KenH »

Disappointing is all I can say.
Cheers big ears
eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

A huge failure by the Albanese Labor Government to take a sure thing to a six state wipeout loss.

Reminds me of the arrogance of Bowen and Shorten heading into the 2019 election. You’d think they’d have learnt their lesson!
pietillidie

Post by pietillidie »

^You're missing the point to prove a point. It was absolutely guaranteed to fail from the start. Every single piece of serious research in political science in countries comparable to Australia would expect it to fail.

The mistake was proceeding knowing that or being so clueless as to not know that to begin with.
Last edited by pietillidie on Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slangman

Post by slangman »

Magpietothemax wrote:
slangman wrote: Billions of dollars are allocated specifically for indigenous services and program each year. The figures are public knowledge and I suggest you do some research.
Anyone who takes the time to actually find out about the devastating poverty inflicted upon the vast majority of the indigenous population would understand how absurd it is to claim that any government, Labor or Liberal, has done anything other than persecute the Aboriginal population, steal their children, propose shrapnel "compensation", kill Aboriginal people in custody, and impose third world social conditions.
Apart from “steal their children” everything else you have claimed is total nonsense. Inflicted, persecuted and imposed??? Seriously mate you need to get a grip and discontinue with your emotive laced mistruths.
- Side By Side -
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

So...even accepting your nonsense, stealing their children is not significant??
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
slangman

Post by slangman »

Who is saying it’s not significant??

I’d like you to elaborate on all of your wild accusations with some facts and not just your emotive opinion…..ie: ”impose third world social conditions”??
- Side By Side -
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

slangman wrote:Who is saying it’s not significant??

I?
You are saying it is insignificant, because in one breath you claim that the Aboriginal people have not been persecuted, and in the other you accept that their children have been stolen/ What kind of insanity is that?
As for the third world conditions imposed on the Aboriginal people in remote communities, if you are seriously seeking knowledge about that, here is a link:
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2023/1 ... h-o13.html
Last edited by Magpietothemax on Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
pietillidie

Post by pietillidie »

Once a generational underclass is created, it is extremely difficult to help it move beyond that dysfunction. And doubly so when that underclass is a tiny geographically dispersed minority that has internalised historical dispossession, persecution and ostracision, and all it entails.

There is never ever going to be a cheap, quick fix.

But as inheritors of the country, we're all still responsible for the cost of possession and its corollary, dispossession. We don't get to inherit all of the natural wealth and possibility, and ignore the responsibilities, like deadbeats.
slangman

Post by slangman »

Magpietothemax wrote:
slangman wrote:Who is saying it’s not significant??

I?
You are saying it is insignificant, because in one breath you claim that the Aboriginal people have not been persecuted, and in the other you accept that their children have been stolen/ What kind of insanity is that?
As for the third world conditions imposed on the Aboriginal people in remote communities, if you are seriously seeking knowledge about that, here is a link:
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2023/1 ... h-o13.html
I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Deliberately misquoting my post to attribute a false claim is poor form and makes discussing this issue with you nauseating.
- Side By Side -
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

slangman wrote:
I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Deliberately misquoting my post to attribute a false claim is poor form and makes discussing this issue with you nauseating.
Please explain where I deliberately misquoted you.
You said that "apart from stealing their children" everything else I said was nonsense.
What can be deduced from that?? Stealing their children was not persecuting them is the only possible conclusion.
It is understandable that you are nauseated debating with me. It is always nauseating to try to defend the indefensible.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins