Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Culprit
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Culprit »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Doedee says no to the Pies, wants to go to Brisbane.
I stand and applaud. He's not worth the risk of a long term contract.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Big T »

Any love for Mannagh from werribee?
Buon Giorno
Presti35
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 106 times

Post by Presti35 »

Free Agency might not be out thing this year.

Doedee was a pass for me. I'm not overly fussed that he's chosen another club. Will be 27 with 2 knee recos to his name. Let's keep looking.

Todd Goldstein has also chosen another club. I saw him at the GF with Brad Scott. I find it strange that he has chosen another club over a chance to play in a top 4 side with a chance to make the GF. Over a promise to see more playing time. Geez, it could get messy if he doesnt get the playing time.

Jade Gresham also looking like a non-Collingwood target.

Delisted Free Agents could be a different story.

Jackson Hately is one DFA that interests me. The worrying sign is that he walked out on GWS to go home to SA and the Crows have now delisted him. So he's been let go by 2 clubs without much fuss. He is a 191cm hard bodied mid. Was pick 14 in 2018 draft and will turn 23 in October. Is there an injury history? Is he not up to it? https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... ately.html

I think Riley Bonner might get looked at. 26, 190cm Defender/Mid. In and out of Ports team this year, but a regular the 2 seasons prior. His numbers for this season were not great compared to previous seasons; https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... onner.html

As far as actual trade targets,

Buku Khamis is someone the club seems to have highlighted. Ok go for it then. A nice cheap trade shall do it.

We've been linked to Max Holmes and Jhye Clarke from Geelong. I have not heard any movement there. Earlier links to Bailey Smith and Aaron Naughton have proved to be farts in the wind.

Jack Billings could be an easy trade. How much of a need he fills though, Im not sure. https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... lings.html

And then there is Clayton Oliver. By all reports we are out of it due to lack of high draft picks, but could you imagine if he turns around and says "make me a pie".

It's hard to see what moves the club has in store at this stage. But we dont have great picks. And noone has nominated us as of yet.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Pep

Post by Pep »

Aaron Naughton has signed an eight-year contract extension with the
Dogs... Wow.

via AFL twitter account
jonmac1954
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Wouldn't surprise if we do a bit of swap trading up for the 24 targets.
Take_a_Screamer

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

We are interested in Joel Hamling?

https://youtu.be/4SSIiU_guKk?si=hGIj5m4x80WA4OZd
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 70 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Said by Zed wrote:
The Black and White Lion wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:Goldstein has nominated Essendon as his preferred Club.

The premiers will only be looking to get better as senior coach Craig McRae continues to drive his side forward. Adelaide defender Tom Doedee has emerged as a potential target, while Todd Goldstein is said to be a strong chance of pulling on the black and white in 2024. Fin Macrae is contracted for next year but could be on the end of some interest, while Trent Bianco is unsigned and could offer a rival club some outside run.

Potential Targets: Tom Doedee, Todd Goldstein
Potential Departures: Finlay Macrae, Trent Bianco
Confirmed Departures: None
Draft Picks: 18, 36, 75, 93 (1487 points)
Still Unsigned: Aiden Begg, Trent Bianco, Josh Carmichael, Arlo Draper, Will Kelly, Nathan Kreuger, Cooper Murley, Trey Ruscoe, Tom Wilson.

Source :
https://www.zerohanger.com/going-going- ... -144060/4/
Suprised Begg hasn't been resigned yet. I thought he was showing some good signs in the VFL this year and very competitive in contests. Could become a KPD or a ruck fwd as he matures

Bianco starved of opportunities, more than Macrae. Both unfortunate signs of players in the queue behind the reliable mids and defence

Should persevere with Carmichael.

Draper, I don't know. Came with wraps, was the big slider and hasn't really done anything for me other than clog the VFL rehab room.

What is happening with Will Kelly? The injury reports had him training through the summer.

Kreuger has one more year in a 3 year deal doesn't he?

Cooper Murley tailed off, was a bit disappointing from mid to late in the season. Thought he had shown some signs previously. Not really sure what his role is tbh.

Trey Ruscoe just as unlucky as Macrae and Bianco. He played one senior game I think, played well and look composed and went back to the VFL without a reprieve. Would love him to stay and get a chance but fear he will be a trade to West Coast or Fremantle

Tom Wilson, the AFL listed one. Has shown some moments of brilliance and then just disappears for big chunks. Has all the attributes of a very good VFL player. Thanks for the service but it's time to delist.

The Kelly and Wright story post GF win was interesting. They only see the draft being more compromised over the next few years due to Norf, the northern club academies and the Tassie influx. Sounds like they have some even more unorthodox targets in mind than Goldie and Doedee. The Tom Lynch to Melbourne idea was an interesting trade. Would we take Lynch now? I think the natural targets are going to be the bulldogs and port. Port will have Georgiades returning from injury and out of contract. They have another choke and a few others might want out. Wines and Marshall were discussed on trade radio today. The bulldogs have UgleHagan, Naughton, English and Smith all out of contract next year. I reckon we could jag one of the port players and one of the dogs quartet with an attractive place to work and play.
Undecided re Begg, Krueger and Ruscoe. Sorry to say but the rest are list cloggers including McRae, Carmichael and Bianco. Honestly don’t see why some on here have so much faith and love for them…they’ve shown very little apart from a few moments of mediocrity and have been average at best at VFL…do not have what it takes to make it into firsts and probably never will.

Krueger and Ruscoe have the potential to step up and could possibly go to another level but it appears their tickets may already have been stamped. It’s a shame as with further development could’ve ended up being an upgrade on Howe. Begg has seriously done diddly and squat with very meagre returns to date…gets beaten far too easily at VFL level by equally average opposition so I don’t know…maybe worth persisting. I really rate our list management at the moment with Wright at the helm…I’m confident they’ll make the best decision possible.
100% agree with the last bit about Wright leading the way and making the best decisions. Will be interesting to see what plays out
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
BazBoy
Been liked: 38 times

Post by BazBoy »

Rumour. Trey Ruscoe either leaves of his own accord or delisted
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
BazBoy
Been liked: 38 times

Post by BazBoy »

Ruscoe no contract apparently. Freo a chance
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Take_a_Screamer

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:We are interested in Joel Hamling?

https://youtu.be/4SSIiU_guKk?si=hGIj5m4x80WA4OZd
More on Joel Hamling...

Victorian clubs including Collingwood could put forward a late bid for the veteran defender.

https://www.zerohanger.com/favourite-to ... ws-144164/
Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

No direct link to Hamling, it's merely Mitch Cleary's opinion after we missed out on Doedee
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by piffdog »

Anyone watched the latest “Gettable”? Keen to hear what the Pies are up to but not keen to watch the whole video…
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 177 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

There's several versions of the Gettable, via the AFL.com site and Spotify. Each content is slightly different.

Not a great deal of discussion you missed out on piffdog. Any Pies related discussion flows from throw at the stumps questions from listeners as opposed to anything hard that a journo like Tom Morris / Caroline Wilson might dig up.

e.g. might we roll up our current pick with our future first to get higher up in the draft.
The other was might Jack Billings get to Collingwood.
Nothing came of either discussion other than anything is possible.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Culprit
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Culprit »

Xavier Duursma has been mentioned.
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by piffdog »

LaurieHolden wrote:There's several versions of the Gettable, via the AFL.com site and Spotify. Each content is slightly different.

Not a great deal of discussion you missed out on piffdog. Any Pies related discussion flows from throw at the stumps questions from listeners as opposed to anything hard that a journo like Tom Morris / Caroline Wilson might dig up.

e.g. might we roll up our current pick with our future first to get higher up in the draft.
The other was might Jack Billings get to Collingwood.
Nothing came of either discussion other than anything is possible.
Thanks Laurie. Saved me half an hour!
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...