The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by piffdog »

Presti35 wrote:Have heard that WCE have reasonable interest in Trey Ruscoe. And the Crows have slight interest in Arlo Draper.

Drapers younger brother will be drafted later this year, so not sure if that will be a factor for him/his family.

Crows and WCE both dont have great picks, so I guess it depends if we believe they are a part of our future or if we accept picks in the late 30s/early 40s. Of course with Trey being from WA, would Freo be looking too? (Liam Henry??)
Hate to see guys go - but we need to keep turning over the list. Regardless of our fortunes in the next week or two I keep turning my mind to next year and who is going to go to the next level to help us get better. We can’t ask much more from some of our guys (you know who I’m talking about) so we need to find who else on the list is going to replace guys like Howe, Hosko, Checkers, Elliott etc. For Ruscoe it looks like he’s last behind quite a few decent defenders who have another 5 years left (he’s not a replacement for Howe IMO).
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

The ‘Gettable’ podcast has us into Tom Doedee who is a FA at the end of this season
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 51 times

Post by warburton lad »

Allegedly a big fallout at Linton Street between Lyon and BJ

Goddard has walked and will coach Frankston VFL in 2024.

St Kilda, the gift that keeps giving...
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
warburton lad
Been liked: 51 times

Post by warburton lad »

Tyler Brown winging his way back to the Pies, possibly as a Rookie.

Delisted by Adelaide, 23 year old 192cm and 84kg midfielder.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by piffdog »

Not sure how I feel about Brown coming back (if it happens). Nothing against him, but do you run the risk of lost clogging given we have young guys who haven’t really been able to get a look in already? Having said that, I have long maintained that we have (or are building) a good track record of developing c graders into b or even a graders. Maybe there’s potential there that didn’t get much of a chance previously. He is a good size and is still young.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

piffdog wrote:Not sure how I feel about Brown coming back (if it happens). Nothing against him, but do you run the risk of lost clogging given we have young guys who haven’t really been able to get a look in already? Having said that, I have long maintained that we have (or are building) a good track record of developing c graders into b or even a graders. Maybe there’s potential there that didn’t get much of a chance previously. He is a good size and is still young.
He had plenty of chances, but simply wasn't good enough.
David
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

I think the potential for Tyler Brown coming back onto the Collingwood list is very small. Its very unusual for a player to be delisted by two clubs and then get another chance and grow into a star player.
However, I love the romance of the father son in AFL and even more so when the father is the great Gavin Brown. I recall Nathan Buckley saying Tyler Brown had the attributes to be as good as Nathan Fyfe at his best. Tyler gave a couple of glimpses that he was progressing, but the fact that Fly McRae had a look at him and decided he was surplus to Collingwood's requirements means it is highly unlikely that Tyler will get a reprieve to return to the club he was born into. More likely to return to a suburban league to finish off his footy career.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

No way that is happening, McRae letting him go then bringing him back when he's done absolutely nothing in between except get delisted again
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

warburton lad wrote:Tyler Brown winging his way back to the Pies, possibly as a Rookie.

Delisted by Adelaide, 23 year old 192cm and 84kg midfielder.
Surely he is better served playing on in the VFL list, as he is much better than the tripe we fielded against Williamstown the other week, many of whom wouldn't know what a football was.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Depends on who we are losing to an extent...
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Like his brother, Tyler Brown would be a good VFL player.

Callum has been amongst Box Hills best this season.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:The ‘Gettable’ podcast has us into Tom Doedee who is a FA at the end of this season
Why is this guy our target. Medium Intercept defender who’s done 2 knees and MIA for at least 6 months on his second ACL. This isn’t a a moneyball pick. Howe’s leaving soon, maybe the end of 2024 if he finest go 1 more year into 2025) I get it but what are we giving up to take this guy Doedee on.

From all reports we went hard for Himmelberg too. Another intercept defender with flex to play either end of the ground.

What are we trying to do here? Are we letting Dean go untried due to injury. Are we trading Ruscoe? We don’t have any other defensive options coming through. McInnes is a Fwd and good set shot. Allan is tall but a mid or winger.
Draper Harrison and Murley all too small. Bianco is small but composed and done well at VFL. Who knows what’s going on with Kelly as he hardly seems to have played KP this year. We played Josh Eyre there many times in the VFL and he’s not on the list.

I’d like to see Johnson as a potential intercept defender. I know he’s laconic in front of the ball but he’s got those long arms and high leap. Would like to see him move back in games in 2024
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

A bloke I spoke with is mates with Ginni's father. He said Ginni is off to Richmond next year, personally disappointed if true.

Also the pic of Ginni at Torquay earlier this year was taken by the pr1ck that allegedly sold the substance to him, then shopped it around media outlets.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

AFL set to move the GF to marvel at the request of Lions
Seat allocation will be as follows
1. All lions members
2. All Fitzroy supporters
3. All supporters wanting to boo Collingwood
4. All other non Collingwood supporters

The lions will also provide the umpires for the game and run all goal reviews

Collingwood players will also not be permitted to wear footy boots and must play in leg irons

Announcement due Thursday