#18 Finlay Macrae

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Nice of us to give a farewell game to our sub also :oops:
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Sounds like he’s already gone. A lot of ‘glass half full’ here for a player that from all reports would be getting a lot more opportunities at any other club. Well tonight is your chance. Play a blinder and make it impossible for you to be dropped. Friday night footy; announce yourself on the big stage and maybe be a part of something special in the next 6 weeks.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by Big T »

Damien wrote:Sounds like he’s already gone. A lot of ‘glass half full’ here for a player that from all reports would be getting a lot more opportunities at any other club. Well tonight is your chance. Play a blinder and make it impossible for you to be dropped. Friday night footy; announce yourself on the big stage and maybe be a part of something special in the next 6 weeks.
Not at 52% disposal efficiency in the vfl.
Buon Giorno
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

First time I’ve seen Macrae look like he belongs in the seniors rather than too good for VFL not quite up to AFL.
Good skills, composed and did the team thing.
I think he’s contracted for next year. We rarely lose players we want to keep. I think he’ll stay.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Played well. Mutual respect and admiration between Macrea and McRae. Will be at Collingwood next season.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Jezza
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 236 times

Post by Jezza »

Had the most tackles for the night from a Collingwood perspective.
Crazy considering he only played a half of football.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Fly said he talks to Fin more than any other players

I would suggest he has awared him of WHE ,Sidey & Pendles are close to the end and his time will come
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

He is physically stronger now. I hope he stays with us. As Baz says, with Pendles, Sidey and possibly Mitchell nearing the end of their careers, opportunities will emerge for him in the seniors.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

For all the talk on Finn, who has been serviceable if nothing else, look who we could have taken instead in 2020 draft:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_AFL_draft

17 Oliver Henry Collingwood Geelong Falcons NAB League Traded from Western Bulldogs
18 Ryan Angwin Greater Western Sydney Gippsland Power NAB League Traded from Geelong; received from West Coast in 2019
19 Finlay Macrae Collingwood Oakleigh Chargers NAB League
20 Max Holmes Geelong Sandringham Dragons NAB League Traded from Richmond at the draft; received from St Kilda
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Acquitted himself well, didn't show any signs of being overwhelmed and went about his role, looked at home.
If he just had more pace he might just find himself getting more regular games.
8 tackles was welcome in a side that is ranked 16th in tackles inside 50 per game.
Plenty of motivation ahead with his 5th pre-season ahead of him and a year left on his contract.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by slangman »

Fin McCrae was very good last night.
He is contracted for next year so I would be staggered if he was traded especially considering Adams and Mitchell are around the 30yo mark and not exactly the quickest or best ball users.
He will be a permanent member of the midfield by early next year (barring injury) as we transition a few of the older and less reliable players out.
- Side By Side -
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

Every reason to think he'll be a regular fixture in the 22 next year based on last night.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Done his “apprenticeship “ Just waiting for tradies to retire