Pre-Match. Pies v. Cats. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Skids wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:I like being underdogs more than flag favourite
We're still flag favourites at $3.25 and we're $1.70 to beat the cats ($2.15).
I don’t know how it works when we get thrashed by the 3rd bottom one week and then we are favourites against a team who are 9th
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:The usual suspect negative Nellies are at it again, no wonder I wont take part in that match day thread anymore , so I will leave them to wallow in their own swill. One player does not make a team, sure Nick will be missed, yes, but as my son poiinted out, we had both JDG and Sidey out together for several games, and we still won matches. The whole team had a real bad day at the Office, v the poo and piss, this happens, happens to other teams too, seen it so often. This is a real challenge now for the whole side, and Fly, this match. The Cats did lose to Freo on their home deck, so they are very beatable. They have a few outs too. If we go into this match with a whole new mindset, utter cold blooded determination to stop the rot, throw everything at them, we can win this, I reckon, this is our challenge, to get back to what we were. I still have faith in our team, damned if Im giving up. Woods by 16 points.
Good. Don't then. Stop bleating about it. If you turn up next weekend it shall be noted.
Have you had a bad week mate? I totally agree with what Piesnchess posted, seriously which part upset your sensitive side to snap back at PNC? I’ll be interested in hearing it. Of course PNC is not the type to give up on Collingwood. Anyone that does has serious commitment problems.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by shawthing »

lazzadesilva wrote:
shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:The usual suspect negative Nellies are at it again, no wonder I wont take part in that match day thread anymore , so I will leave them to wallow in their own swill. One player does not make a team, sure Nick will be missed, yes, but as my son poiinted out, we had both JDG and Sidey out together for several games, and we still won matches. The whole team had a real bad day at the Office, v the poo and piss, this happens, happens to other teams too, seen it so often. This is a real challenge now for the whole side, and Fly, this match. The Cats did lose to Freo on their home deck, so they are very beatable. They have a few outs too. If we go into this match with a whole new mindset, utter cold blooded determination to stop the rot, throw everything at them, we can win this, I reckon, this is our challenge, to get back to what we were. I still have faith in our team, damned if Im giving up. Woods by 16 points.
Good. Don't then. Stop bleating about it. If you turn up next weekend it shall be noted.
Have you had a bad week mate? I totally agree with what Piesnchess posted, seriously which part upset your sensitive side to snap back at PNC? I’ll be interested in hearing it. Of course PNC is not the type to give up on Collingwood. Anyone that does has serious commitment problems.
He should stop insulting people and throwing his toys out of the cot whenever he doesn't get his way. :lol:
What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Mindset of the players seems to have changed from invincible to try our best. While it might be a case of poor choice of words, but the players language at tonight’s event wasn’t one of a team with a killer instinct. It was more hope for next week
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

IN: Baby
OUT: Bath water

Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.

mandatory changes: Nick Daicos, Tom Mitchell & Nathan Murphy.

Ginnivan must play because he’s done enough in the VFL to earn a recall and now is the time to give him a go pre-finals.

Frampton should come in for Murphy’s spot. Is Tomahawk playing? If not, he can start on Cameron.

Cox in for mine, he also played well in the VFL and can ruck and go forward and stretch their backline.

Markov into the starting line-up (was he sub last week?)

Sub: out of Ash J, Ginni or Taylor Adams. I’d go Adams.

Pinch hit Howe forward if required.

Last week I said that we should kick anywhere that Sicily is not; even to open grass if required. We didn’t do that. This week it’s Stewart.

To all the naysayers: we are two games clear on top for Christ’s sake. Would you have taken that preseason with three games to play? Relax.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

This is the kind of lineup I’ll have for the cats match:

FB: Marcov Frampton Noble
CB: Maynard Moore Quaynor
C: Josh Daicos (yes we still have another daicos) Crisp Hill
CF: Adams McStay Howe
FF: Elliott Checkers Ginny
R: Cox JDG Pendles
INT Side WHE McInness Carmichael or Kruger
Sub Allan
Our Nick Daicos Murphy both injured Mitchell (managed) Lipinski Cameron omitted along with Johnson In Ginny WHE McInness Carmichael Kruger debut Allan
Cox and McStay to shoulder the ruck duties
Howe to eventually play around as a high half forward
Pendles back on the ball to help guide JDG
It’s going to be a huge decisions at the selection table
Kruger to add bite and adds another tall option
Time to shake things up and look out side the square and try out somethings
Like to see Allan debut
I’d fit Carmichael to be given a run
Few omissions lipinski Johnson and Cameron to finally given some time in the vfl to get back into proper afl match form they are a off the mark so odd to the vfl
I’ll also be inclined to bring in Begg as well
I just hope the pies rebound off a terrible week
Need to get back to playing simply better footy and go back to basics
And toughen up and tad
And kick straight and kick those goals
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by Big T »

I would drop Cameron and bring Cox in to play ruck.
Buon Giorno
mattdally
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mattdally »

Minimal changes this week outside of those injured.
IN: Markov, Ginnivan, Frampton
OUT: Daicos, Murphy, Johnson, Lipinski

Markov comes into the 22 to play half-back. This allows Crisp to return to full time midfield where he won two Copeland's. Replaces Nick D.

Frampton replaces Murphy and chops out in the ruck as required. Also allows Howe to drift forward should he need to.

We have lacked a crumbing goal kicker this year. Ginnivan has to play that role for the next 3 weeks. Let's see if he is good enough.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Big T wrote:I would drop Cameron and bring Cox in to play ruck.
I would start with Cox in the ruck and Cameron up forward.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Cameron and Lipinski have stunk ever since they came back from injury and were a bit arrogant in not even playing them selfs into form in the vfl first and just took up the afl spot too automatic if you ask me.

They are good players but not now but i hope they get better soon.

Like to finally see Allan play AFL and whats the go with Carmicheal.

Also i thing Aydin Begg and why did they drop him Harvey harrison back.

Like to some how see some debutants before the finals as well.

As said on bigfooty we win with out nick daicos in which i think we will.

We will win the flag.

To be honest im done to death on hearing about Nick daicos as well.

Nicks great but its like he has consumed out team too much.

Too much focus on him not the rest of the team.

Stand up time this Friday night.

See what we are made of.

Line in the sand.

Out: Fun
In: Working hard
lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

mattdally wrote: We have lacked a crumbing goal kicker this year.
I don’t think we have lacked a crumbling goal kicker, it’s more like the players who play the role have lost their form during our current slump. There is an urgent need for Collingwood to lift immediately otherwise they may lose their confidence to always comeback from deficits. Also they need to change their strategies a bit because clubs have worked out how to beat us at our own game.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Win early centre cleanances and kick the first goals.

Must kick goals.

And get the ball into our f50 quick.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Correct me if im wrong but i saw on X formerly twitter from Swoop luke and another tweet that Fin McRae could be in the all clear on his thumb and a chance to play vfl this week be it as an emeregency player as his thumb has healed up really nicely.

Take that with a grain of salt but it would come as a blessing if Fins available.
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

Everyone needs to calm the farm!
We will be fired up for this one.
Maggies by 25.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

the fuzz wrote:Everyone needs to calm the farm!
We will be fired up for this one.
Maggies by 25.

Yes, Im quietly confident, I reckon Fly will have us breathing fire, we will know in first 15 minutes, how badly we want to win this, and totally redeem ourselves. Be on for one and all. I do hope your man Jack Ginni is selected, he annoys the hell out of the ol Catters, ala Duckwood and Dangermouse, and we need him to distract and take their minds off the match. :P :idea:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.