Pre-Match. Pies v. Cats. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Out - comfortable, content and lazy
In - intensity, effort and hunger.

Footy is close to ultimate team game. It won’t be a couple forced changes that determines the outcome on Friday night. We need to come with an entirely new mindset and that starts with the coaches message. This team has been up for 5 months and that’s an achievement in itself. The good coaches dangle the best carrots and Fly has to flick a switch and reset this team for their next challenge, beating the Cats. That would all but guarantee us a home final and you won’t get a much a bigger juicer carrot than that.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Piesnchess wrote:The usual suspect negative Nellies are at it again, no wonder I wont take part in that match day thread anymore , so I will leave them to wallow in their own swill. One player does not make a team, sure Nick will be missed, yes, but as my son poiinted out, we had both JDG and Sidey out together for several games, and we still won matches. The whole team had a real bad day at the Office, v the poo and piss, this happens, happens to other teams too, seen it so often. This is a real challenge now for the whole side, and Fly, this match. The Cats did lose to Freo on their home deck, so they are very beatable. They have a few outs too. If we go into this match with a whole new mindset, utter cold blooded determination to stop the rot, throw everything at them, we can win this, I reckon, this is our challenge, to get back to what we were. I still have faith in our team, damned if Im giving up. Woods by 16 points.
Hey Piesnchess, Nick’s has always had the “Sky is falling in” brigade as far back as I can remember, just like in society. I have some respect for their opinions but in reality only looking at one side of an outcome doesn’t grab me. I agree with your comments and that we should rise up from our slump and play hard, fast football against the ageing Cats. I pick us to win by 25 points.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Pies2016 wrote:Out - comfortable, content and lazy

Footy is close to ultimate team game. It won’t be a couple forced changes that determines the outcome on Friday night. We need to come with an entirely new mindset and that starts with the coaches message. This team has been up for 5 months and that’s an achievement in itself. The good coaches dangle the best carrots and Fly has to flick a switch and reset this team for their next challenge, beating the Cats. That would all but guarantee us a home final and you won’t get a much a bigger juicer carrot than that.

SPOT ON. 100% correct, a whole new mindset, Fly said theres a lot of psychology in footy, the mindset, now is the time to put that to action. One change I would make, forgot to mention, bring in Jack Ginnivan, his time has come to return, been in good form, VFL, and he does annoy the hell out of the Cats, recall him and Dangermouse, Duckwood confrontation ? Thats what we need to do too, get under their thin Cat skins. :P :!:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

mgh3536 wrote:Why does ginnavan play?

Last year was then he hasn’t shown form at all in vfl
The opportunity he had yesterday to stamp his authority on a place in the team 6 possessions and 1 tackle ffs!!

Bianco ruscoe should be ahead of ginnavan

Whe, cox, frampton in
Your selections include WHE, yet he didn't dominate the VFL game. Why are you so quick to apply criteria to one player and then not to another?
We got smashed in centre clearances from the VFL reports. The ball rarely came into our forward line. Of Ginnivan's very limited opportunities, he still managed to create 2 goals.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

In Darren millane spirit
Out soft lazy weak attitudes
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

lazzadesilva wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:The usual suspect negative Nellies are at it again, no wonder I wont take part in that match day thread anymore , so I will leave them to wallow in their own swill. One player does not make a team, sure Nick will be missed, yes, but as my son poiinted out, we had both JDG and Sidey out together for several games, and we still won matches. The whole team had a real bad day at the Office, v the poo and piss, this happens, happens to other teams too, seen it so often. This is a real challenge now for the whole side, and Fly, this match. The Cats did lose to Freo on their home deck, so they are very beatable. They have a few outs too. If we go into this match with a whole new mindset, utter cold blooded determination to stop the rot, throw everything at them, we can win this, I reckon, this is our challenge, to get back to what we were. I still have faith in our team, damned if Im giving up. Woods by 16 points.
Hey Piesnchess, Nick’s has always had the “Sky is falling in” brigade as far back as I can remember, just like in society. I have some respect for their opinions but in reality only looking at one side of an outcome doesn’t grab me. I agree with your comments and that we should rise up from our slump and play hard, fast football against the ageing Cats. I pick us to win by 25 points.
True, they have the 'oldest' list (avg age 25.4), but we're not far behind (4th oldest) with an average age of 25.

https://www.draftguru.com.au/lists/2023/collingwood

I'm sure we'll bounce back on Friday... we have to!

Pies in an epic battle by 11 points.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I like being underdogs more than flag favourite
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

In: Ginnivan, Ginnivan, Ginnivan and Ginnivan. It’s a joke he wasn’t picked. Johnson is soft and should never play senior football for Collingwood again.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Early in the year we were running the ball forward and had 2 or 3 leading players to choose from.
If that option wasn't taken, we could run the ball an extra 20 metres and have pings 30 metres out.

Somehow that all stopped, and we reverted to long kicks to the front of goals to nobody in particular.

Whatever happened, clearly the oppo has worked it out. I watched some of North play yday, and they looked like us.. in fact it seems we have been copied by many teams.

So the hunter has become the hunted, and we can't stop their switches to the corridor and can't stop their run and carry.

It is even more evident when we don't win clearances. Hawthown pantsied us in the middle, but not only that, their half backs were running to support the clearance out the back. They did it with uplomb. Ours were unseen.

Now Nick Daicos is not going to provide the difference between close wins, we need to get something more together than just naming different players.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

Mr Miyagi wrote:I like being underdogs more than flag favourite
We're still flag favourites at $3.25 and we're $1.70 to beat the cats ($2.15).
Don't count the days, make the days count.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Magpietothemax wrote:

The opportunity he had yesterday to stamp his authority on a place in the team 6 possessions and 1 tackle ffs!!

Whe, cox, frampton in
Your selections include WHE, yet he didn't dominate the VFL game. Why are you so quick to apply criteria to one player and then not to another?
We got smashed in centre clearances from the VFL reports. The ball rarely came into our forward line. Of Ginnivan's very limited opportunities, he still managed to create 2 goals.
WHE has speed and endurance. We lacked speed without WHE and Markov out there
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Skids wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:I like being underdogs more than flag favourite
We're still flag favourites at $3.25 and we're $1.70 to beat the cats ($2.15).
Dammit
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

What'sinaname wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

Whe, cox, frampton in
WHE has speed and endurance. We lacked speed without WHE and Markov out there
Rare time I agree with you. WHE gives us two way running and he’s a good mark. Plus he plays a similar role to Sidey does now, which gives him more space. I’d bring him straight back in. And Markov should have started on the ground. Give Titch a rest like we did with Billy, looks like he needs it. It’ll make Adams step up too.
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

Pies2016 wrote:Out - comfortable, content and lazy

I love those in's and out's.
I haven't heard of any injury to Josh Carmichael so I'm hoping he and Frampton not playing on Sunday was to hold them over for Friday nights game. Can anyone provide an update on his fitness?
My preferred team for Friday;
B: Maynard, Frampton, Howe
HB: Noble, Moore, Quaynor
C: Sidebottom, Adams, J.Daicos
HF: McCreery, Mihocek, Hill
F: Carmichael, McStay, Elliot
R: Cameron, DeGoey, Pendlebury
IC: Crisp, Cox, Ruscoe, Hoskin-Elliot
Sub: Markov
Emerg: Lipinski, McInnes, Harrison
In: Cox, Hoskin-Elliot, Ruscoe
Out: Miitchell, Lipinski, N.Daicos, Murphy
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Mr Miyagi wrote: Rare time I agree with you. WHE gives us two way running and he’s a good mark. Plus he plays a similar role to Sidey does now, which gives him more space. I’d bring him straight back in. And Markov should have started on the ground. Give Titch a rest like we did with Billy, looks like he needs it. It’ll make Adams step up too.
You're agreeing with a Carlton troll. :wink: :wink:
Fighting against the objectification of woman.