Post Match. Hawks humble Pies . All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Monco Matt wrote:All contracts should be done at season's end. I understand wanting to tie players down but all too often we see players form drop away when this happens in-season. Players need to be kept on the edge, keep the carrot dangling. I though after the Grundy debacle we would have learned this lesson.
Please point out in the game where Josh and Nick were taking it easy thanks to their six year deals. Because they damn didn’t.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Being 6 games clear on top of the ladder come finals means what ?
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Unlike my usual self, I’m really concerned at the lack of intensity and awareness that I witnessed at the G today. I tell you it is a very long and tedious train trip back when you lose
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

We’re in a slump,there’s no two ways about it.I don’t know what’s caused it.Complacency?The fact that we’re two games clear on top of the ladder and thought we had a home final wrapped up?I don’t know.But we’d better snap out of it pretty damn soon,starting with next week.
What'sinaname
Been liked: 18 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:All contracts should be done at season's end. I understand wanting to tie players down but all too often we see players form drop away when this happens in-season. Players need to be kept on the edge, keep the carrot dangling. I though after the Grundy debacle we would have learned this lesson.
Please point out in the game where Josh and Nick were taking it easy thanks to their six year deals. Because they $$%^%%$ didn’t.
No, but right now, we're paying a squillion for a light weight mid who struggles with a tag. If Nick doesn't work through this, this deal kills the club for the rest of the decade.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

ANNODAM wrote:Yeah, we were so damn lucky in 1990 when MEL eliminated them for us.
Once they were out, I knew then we’d win it, they were (& still are) our bogey team, along with the Scum in finals & big occasion matches.
I must admit that I have always believed that Collingwood would not have won the 1990 GF had we played the Hawks.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Coaches conferences were both interesting, Mitchell certainly seems like a up and coming coach, Hawks did well there....well better than we managed in any case, although time will tell.

Fly looked a bit rattled TBH, not sure if he has the answers, spoke a lot about psychology.... make of that what you will.

Ultimately we will not know the answer until September. I think we will win next week and next...final week who knows ....or indeed cares
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

What'sinaname wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Please point out in the game where Josh and Nick were taking it easy thanks to their six year deals. Because they $$%^%%$ didn’t.
No, but right now, we're paying a squillion for a light weight mid who struggles with a tag. If Nick doesn't work through this, this deal kills the club for the rest of the decade.
He's a kid whose played less than 50 games... crazy comment.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Jezza
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 238 times

Post by Jezza »

What'sinaname wrote:No, but right now, we're paying a squillion for a light weight mid who struggles with a tag. If Nick doesn't work through this, this deal kills the club for the rest of the decade.
Let's not get carried away. He had a bad day, but he's been very rarely beaten in that fashion since he burst onto the scene.

Only a few weeks back, everyone was talking about how he was untaggable.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

lazzadesilva wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:Yeah, we were so damn lucky in 1990 when MEL eliminated them for us.
Once they were out, I knew then we’d win it, they were (& still are) our bogey team, along with the Scum in finals & big occasion matches.
I must admit that I have always believed that Collingwood would not have won the 1990 GF had we played the Hawks.
Well the Pies 1990 flag stopped 4 straight for the Hawks...so kind of like 2018...except we actually won!
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

Port are closing on the Cats = so our loss might have massive consequences.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Every player needs to be on a 1yr contract & reviewed at the end of the season.

Fkn 1000yr contracts, mate I have no idea where I’ll be next week, let alone 5-6yrs from now…

FMD!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

Skids wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote: Please point out in the game where Josh and Nick were taking it easy thanks to their six year deals. Because they $$%^%%$ didn’t.
He's a kid whose played less than 50 games... crazy comment.
Hence why I said, If. But the comment stands. So far, Nicks is struggling with a hard tag.
Last edited by What'sinaname on Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

Port in front now.