Post Match. Pies win thriller. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

My last word on the match, we did NOT deserve to lose that, we had one rotten qtr, the third, in which we were putrid, and nearly blew it. BUT , for three of the other quarters, by and large , we were in control, and were the better side overall. Thats my take, anyway.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Piesnchess wrote:My last word on the match, we did NOT deserve to lose that, we had one rotten qtr, the third, in which we were putrid, and nearly blew it. BUT , for three of the other quarters, by and large , we were in control, and were the better side overall. Thats my take, anyway.
I just looked at the replay...and you're right

We took the foot off the pedal for 2/3 of the quarter and bled 7 goals. Arrested their momentum in the last 5 mins.
Adelaide threw all but kitchen sink. It's hard to say don't let it happen!

Their burst did reduce their amount of energy available for the last quarter.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I think this game will be a learning experience for the coaching staff and might be very useful for future tinkering with the strategies and game plans.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:ITS TIME to rest, manage Checkers, and unleash Krueger at FF, the hour hath come. Just do it.
And me. He's given not a lot in the last 4 or 5 weeks and Kreuger is starting to hit his straps in the 2's.
He’s kicked 11 goals in 4 games prior to this one.

Most of any Collingwood player.

???
Cox has kicked 8 in the corresponding 5 games and spent more than 1/2 his time in the ruck?????
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Boot wrote:Did anyone else notice the punch that Jamie Elliot gave to Adelaide's Jordan Dawson's mouth in the last contested ball contest yesterday on the Adelaide half forward line? I've watched the highlights video about a dozen times even in slow motion and I can't work out how Elliot managed to collect Dawson's mouth when his obvious intention was to punch the ball away from Dawson's possession. Dawson went down straight after the incident and was still complaining to the umpire after the siren had gone.
Could be we dodged a bullet with a high contact not being awarded a free kick at that vital time.
Sure did, we got lucky, I have a still frame shot that shows he whacked him right on the noggin.

Would have been a 45 metre shot from 45 degrees on tired legs...but it was there, i saw it.....RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!! RIGHT! IN FRONT! OF ME!!! ;-)
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
stoliboy
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

Umps missed late free kick to Dawson in Pies loss: AFL

https://www.afl.com.au/news/957688/umps ... s-loss-afl

Crows skipper should have been paid a free kick for high contact in the dying stages of Sunday's loss to the Magpies

ADELAIDE captain Jordan Dawson should have been awarded a free kick in the dying seconds of the Crows' two-point loss to Collingwood, the AFL has conceded.

The League's head of umpiring, Dan Richardson, said in a statement on Monday afternoon that the call had been missed by the field umpires, who had a "restricted view of the contest".
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
stoliboy
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

Nothing from the Umpires about Cox and the second shot of goal he should have received for having his glasses ripped off.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

What about the throw from Rankine that led to Walkers last goal
Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

We were lucky

Post by Harrysz »

IZAK Rankine should've been credited with a goal in the last quarter yesterday. The goal umpire made the wrong call and the revue said "insufficient evidence to overturn"-so it was "Umpire's Call". Lucky us.

Then right at the end of the game Jordan Dawson should've been awarded a free kick against Jamie Elliott for a kick for goal after the siren. Lucky us.
Bleedblackanwhite

Post by Bleedblackanwhite »

mudlark wrote:
Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
mudlark wrote: And me. He's given not a lot in the last 4 or 5 weeks and Kreuger is starting to hit his straps in the 2's.
He’s kicked 11 goals in 4 games prior to this one.

Most of any Collingwood player.

???
Cox has kicked 8 in the corresponding 5 games and spent more than 1/2 his time in the ruck?????
Righteo, mihocek has kicked 32 for the season, 11th best in the league, averaging 2.3 a game, our next best is hill with 18.

But sure, let’s play someone who’s done SFA and expect him to lead our goal kicking.

Honestly, think you need a spell
Collingwood forever, forever Collingwood
slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 12 times

Re: We were lucky

Post by slangman »

Harrysz wrote:IZAK Rankine should've been credited with a goal in the last quarter yesterday. The goal umpire made the wrong call and the revue said "insufficient evidence to overturn"-so it was "Umpire's Call". Lucky us.

Then right at the end of the game Jordan Dawson should've been awarded a free kick against Jamie Elliott for a kick for goal after the siren. Lucky us.
I thought that Noble had the last touch of the ball before it crossed the line.

Although Dawson should’ve got a free kick so did Johnson and Murphy in the dying minutes last time so I’d call it even.
- Side By Side -
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

stoliboy wrote:Nothing from the Umpires about Cox and the second shot of goal he should have received for having his glasses ripped off.
Or Checkers tackled and slung to the ground when he didn’t even have the ball. Expect the umps to favour Gold Coast next week
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Rankin throw and Dawsons dive into elliotts fist.

Also crows were always holding off the ball and kept on doing it.

Crows played filthy and did not even warrant a win yesterday.

Crows played like grubs all game.

Now we have to put up with all their whinging over the dawson dive.

Pies won and got the 4 points suck it up.
choppa
Been liked: 1 time

Post by choppa »

I swear Tom Mitchell had his head taken off 30 seconds before the end of the game. Award that free kick and it doesn’t even make it to their forward line.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Dawson was a dive into Elliotts fist the thing that gets my goat is the AFL now says we should not have won stuff them.

Dawson dived into the ball.

Lowered the head.