Post Match. Pies win thriller. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Piesnchess wrote:
Gerry Cooper wrote:
Damien wrote:Some people here are seriously underestimating how good the Crows are and how good that win was. Yes at half time we were all thinking how far? But the Crows outplayed us at our own game and we were good enough to come back and win. Oleg Markov was flawless today and his last 2 mins saved the game. Johnny Noble often butchers a few but his desperation in the last few minutes also saved us. Massive win. No team plays as a team more than we do.
Oleg is a favourite of mine. He is a 100 percenter and we always need that sort of player.

Plus he has a 19th Century moustache, very cool dude. :P
He's fast, gives 100%, has reasonable skills and is good for morale on and off the ground. A great pick up all round. Yeah the mustache is distinctive too.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Mossi
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Mossi »

Love the flying mustache! As Stui has named him.
Gerry Cooper

Post by Gerry Cooper »

think better wrote:Keays should get 2 weeks for ripping Cox's glasses off. Its a vital part of his playing equipment and was just not warranted. Unsportsman like conduct at least
I think the MRP might look at a few things in that melee. A few fines coming Adelaide's way I think.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

**** sake. Watching delayed and accidentally saw the final score. Should I bother watching the second half?
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

According to Fly, JDG has been training the house down, trying to atone. I hope he watched that second half with his heart in his mouth, like all of us, realising hes a massive loss to the side. I do think he will come back better than ever, hes learnt a hard lesson.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Gerry Cooper

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Piesnchess wrote:According to Fly, JDG has been training the house down, trying to atone. I hope he watched that second half with his heart in his mouth, like all of us, realising hes a massive loss to the side. I do think he will come back better than ever, hes learnt a hard lesson.
Ginnivan needs to take a leaf out of JDG's book. Until he learns some discipline on and off the field he can live in the seconds.
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

Haff wrote:**** sake. Watching delayed and accidentally saw the final score. Should I bother watching the second half?
Skip the 3rd quarter and go straight to the last.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Full respect to Adelaide.

Second time this season they put themselves in a position to win.

Great to fight back once again and get the victory but as we saw last year all these close finishes can quickly go against you come September.

Still much work to do.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Gerry Cooper wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:According to Fly, JDG has been training the house down, trying to atone. I hope he watched that second half with his heart in his mouth, like all of us, realising hes a massive loss to the side. I do think he will come back better than ever, hes learnt a hard lesson.
Ginnivan needs to take a leaf out of JDG's book. Until he learns some discipline on and off the field he can live in the seconds.

I must have missed something, what exactly has Ginni done now, to discredit himself, hes been on good behaviour has he not ? :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

Big T wrote:Am worried about our style of play. I don't think the high risk Harlem globe trotter risk constant turnover gamble can win a premiership.
No, I don't either. You can see Adelaide mids setting up across the centre looking to intercept our quick handballs over the top, just like Brisbane and Melbourne did to great effect. Teams will change the way they play to combat our 1-wood. If successful we become Superman with a kryptonite necklace. It is a worry for sure. Have to start taking the game around the wings more and spread the opposition around then switch. We need to become less predictable that is a fact.

Not just that, but Adelaide showed no respect to our tackling ability, just brushed us aside without any concern. We are not intimidating to the opposition physically.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Gerry Cooper

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Piesnchess wrote:
Gerry Cooper wrote:

I must have missed something, what exactly has Ginni done now, to discredit himself, hes been on good behaviour has he not ? :o
Good behavior since when? lol. Chances are limited at the top level and players need to take them when they get the chance. You won't win a grand final in a night club, and Ginnivan is no Didak. I'm sure there is a youngster at the Suns who is burning for a shot at the big time, if he doesn't want to give 100% every time at all levels on and off the field.
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

A close win = 8 points...
Go Pies, all the way!
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

Slot nicely back into top spot, with the best percentage in the competition.... and people are still moaning?!
Goodness me. The game thread is like reading a hissy fit argument between 5 year olds in the playground. I'd say the only form slip is the quality of posting on this board.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by derkd »

The reason I am worried is that this isn't just Adelaide that had gotten on top of us...a side that was just belted by an almost AFL record in West Coast, yes they ran out of legs...but came at us hard..as did North. This is a trend.

Adelaide were all over us in the 3rd....but also the first 10 mins of the game, had they kicked straight would have been up by 2 or 3 goals.

Yes De Goey is a loss, but shouldn't be the difference with us being a 6 goal different side.

Not panicking as we have plenty of time to fix it. But if left untreated is the sort of thing that will bubble away...might cost us the odd home and away game....but could really cost us in a preliminary final.

Lucky win, but the team has much to work on. Getting belted out.of the middle at key stages too.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.