Post Match. Pies blow Blues away. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

jonmac1954
Been liked: 19 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

shawthing wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Pleasing, got four very valuable points, should have won by more really, but the Umps made sure we didnt. Jack Ginni is now public enemy no. 1 in the maggots book, and it must cease. Yeh, good win, we started very well, which surprised me, and basically won it in the first half. We won, we annihilate Nth next week, for Sidey and Cox, and its onwards and upwards. !
I know EddieSmith is an umpire of sorts here, and anyone else who knows about the game, was that the right call against Ginny or not? I can only base it on my experience of watching heaps of games over the years and I think that was an umpire error, yet again against Ginny. I’m happy to be corrected.
A shocking decision Lazza! And as proof the whole 7 commentary team were saying the same thing. Lingy was adamant he is being persecuted by the umpires. And remember most of them were barracking for the Blues all day. No this is just a vendetta pure and simply. A disgrace. But then the AFL is run by human disgraces!
Once the AFL put the umpiring panel above criticism and outside the rules this type of thing was always going to happen.
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

I just want to say this
I love this team.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

One more thing,We’re in a great shape right now.We’re exactly four wins ahead of where we were this time last year.So much for the football pundits who were predicting(or more likely hoping) that we would slide down the ladder this year.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Decision re Ginni was appalling yet again. It was pathetic to hear the umpire claiming in the audio that all he saw was an arm on the collarbone, but not above the shoulder. As others have said, the commentators were unanimous in condemning the decision.
Ginni is a fighter though. He gets up without complaining and continues on with the game.
I really hope that the club takes a stand against this blatant refusal to umpire Ginni fairly.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 51 times

Post by warburton lad »

Didn't watch it- too much anxiety about watching us play Carlton.

I note that Mihocek is becoming a very consistent multiple goal kicker again- add in the couple that Cox and Cameron kick between them and a few from Ash Johnson, we are quite potent up forward.

It's not that we are kicking cricket scores, but because our defence is so miserly, we do not need to. I think Elliot might kick a few bags in the next few games.

By the way, how is Caroline Wilson's prediction that we will finish 10th at the end of the season looking right about now???

Beat North and move on to a game in Perth that should be a percentage booster of sorts...
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

[quote="PyreneesPie"][quote="watt price tully"]

Channel 7 commentary
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

During his presser, Fly commented that Patrick Lipinski, Billy Frampton and Dan McStay are due to come back in the next 2 weeks, and are all top 22.
I am starting to think we don't have an accurate "Top 22". We have an extended squad of 26 to 27 players, all of whom could be selected as a first up choice.
The next layer out, we have a number of highly performing players who are biding their time for a chance: Finn McCrae, Josh Carmichael, Reef McInnes, Harvey Harrison. This will give us huge flexibility to rest/manage/rotate according to match ups. The depth we now have is just amazing. Where did it come from, when it seemed so fragile until just recently? It has been an amazing transformation.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
doriswilgus
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

That’s exciting news about those three players. How are we going to fit them all in? It’s a good problem to have,
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

Magpietothemax wrote:During his presser, Fly commented that Patrick Lipinski, Billy Frampton and Dan McStay are due to come back in the next 2 weeks, and are all top 22.
I am starting to think we don't have an accurate "Top 22". We have an extended squad of 26 to 27 players, all of whom could be selected as a first up choice.
The next layer out, we have a number of highly performing players who are biding their time for a chance: Finn McCrae, Josh Carmichael, Reef McInnes, Harvey Harrison. This will give us huge flexibility to rest/manage/rotate according to match ups. The depth we now have is just amazing. Where did it come from, when it seemed so fragile until just recently? It has been an amazing transformation.
It helps depth when you are not carry three top-line ruckmen and you trade one of them for two good players. Lipinski is a great runner and he will make us more formidable again, unless we lose someone similar.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

[quote="Jezza"]COLLLLLLLLLLLINNNNNNNNGWWOOOODDD

131-4-128
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:Playing Darcy in the ruck would be akin to using a Rolls Royce to plow a field
Yes but if it’s opium poppies in the field then Rolls Royce away
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Donny
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Donny »

Magpietothemax wrote:Ginni is a fighter though. He gets up without complaining and continues on with the game.
This aspect of his game is impressive. Much.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Donny
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Donny »

doriswilgus wrote:That’s exciting news about those three players. How are we going to fit them all in?
We don't need to. Barring injuries, it's healthy to have those 5 or 6 young blokes to choose from, to add to our best 20.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Horatio Fin
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Horatio Fin »

inxs88 wrote:Charlie Curnow is a greater protected species than the Barrier Reef!
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

After the first quarter and a half, we never got out of second gear.