Post Match. Pies sink Swans. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

uncanny
Been liked: 12 times

Post by uncanny »

Snipy bully boy jumper punches to Nick Daicos at the start of the game an echo of what happened before last year's prelim. So good to see team mates get around him and fly the flag. Lost the second quarter but got on top in the third before drawing away in the finish. Learning how to work their way through heavy tagging and pressure. Playing away from the scg helped in that respect. Got a bit of a monkey off the back there. Well done to the team. Happy for checkers for his pb. As usual lion hearted performance was rewarded in the end.
woodsmen rule
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Piesnchess wrote:I dunno, its surreal, like the whole team is like a sleeping, dozing Giant, that finally wakes up late in the match, yawns, and thinks, " Blimey, we better start playing some decent footy now " And away, we go. LOL
I was extremely frustrated with the way we allowed Sydney to play their game for most it. Kept relying on zoning when it just wasn't working.
Finally, we started to play OUR game!!!! Whewww.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

As expected Sydney made us earn it and turned it into a slog but in the end they simply couldn't go with us for the full 4 quarters on our home deck.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

It’s amazing thing belief and the man who dishes it out is our Fly

Look at the dish he put in front of Billy Frampton

Another solid do what is needed game
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

uncanny wrote: Happy for checkers for his pb. As usual lion hearted performance was rewarded in the end.
My absolute favourite player simply because he never, ever gives up. Uses his strong body like a bull dozer and today he definitely got his just reward
What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by What'sinaname »

71,000 so Richmond St is packed. Gonna be a slow journey home to watch the replay
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

Great win. I was at the game. Sydney tried to play their boring style and it worked for them in the first half, but on a big ground it wouldn't last. I read the match day thread, as usual some supporters are terrible. Haven't you learnt that we run out games better than the opposition.
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

Fitness is king but boy do we know how to butcher the ball. We need to do the basics right at training continuously because those fundamentals are exposing our team. Stop this madness of overuse for starters. instinctive football seems more likely with fast movement. I really think we try to conserve our energy for too long in matches and it will burn us soon when the opponent starts to realise they are on top. They will start to kick those sodas they’ve been missing this season so far and we will be watching on thinking we have no one to blame but ourselves. We should be grateful for the wasted chances the opponents have made this season but it ain’t going to be that way against everyone and come finals I’ll be on the edge of my seat thinking we aren’t playing well enough to be certainties. I think it’s flawed to think we can afford to play to lose and run away with it in the last. We’re becoming to predictable.
no second chances
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

BazBoy wrote:It’s amazing thing belief and the man who dishes it out is our Fly
True BB - the belief is an extraordinary weapon, along with exceptional fitness.
However, some homework needs to be done on teams that play an entirely different game plan like the Swans. We can't implement our pressure, fast movement game style if we don't get near the ball , because the oppo is chipping it around at will.
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

A very professional and controlled victory. Played our way and finished off the only way we know how. I felt very calm throughout which is a rarity, only raising a voice when shit umpiring decisions occurred which happened only a few times, they were largely irrelevant for once, hence why we won by 5 goals I suppose.

Lance, retire, Papley, you are a tool.

Welcome back big Texan, we missed you. Should of dobbed that snag in front though. Bit rusty I guess!

Carry on Woodsmen!
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

makes me happy that the little turd Papley will never win a premiership
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

The only way Sydney play "tough" is to push around a 33 gamer. So soft.
Papley looks like a puffed up rooster running around if he kicks a goal. Laughable. He did nothing all game.
Big shout out to Billy Elliot, who after a quiet half, lifted to have a great second.
Scotty was huge.
Darcy a rock.
Maynard, Maynhard.
Checkers is just gutsy! Not this fancypants kick 5 goals and showboat around! Nope, he just gets the job done. Love you Checkers! That goal!!!
Ginni's cameo was perfect.
IQ was solid down back.
Murph gives 100% every contest.
Coxy, welcome back! Great game. Such a target, but his ground efforts are awesome.
Sidey proved again he's not going anywhere.
Noble was noble.
I could go on and on!
I love this team
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

132 to 72 marks in favour of Sydney
They still lost by 5 goals
Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

Woo hoo, that second quarter was as bad as I've seen us play this year and but was great to see Checkers finally kick a bag and obviously Cox being on ground had something to do with it. Glad Elliott finally shook of the yips and kicked an important goal. Revenge for preliminary final is achieved in part, we'd beat these flogs a lot more if we played them at the G more than once a decade!
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Quaynors best game for the club today. Frampton just goes from strength to strength and Ginnivan plays himself back into next weeks best 22. They were the unsung hero’s from todays game.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “