#31 Beau McCreery

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

My family know - I jumped on this selection when we drafted him. Loved everything about him at SANFL level.

Hes been "My Boy" from the start and yet even I am surprised by how much more potential he has.

I couldn't see him in the midfield until this year as even though he makes an enormous contribution with very few touches, he is now starting to accumulate possessions as his fitness improves.

Just imagine McReery, Carmichael and Degoey in the middle feeding the ball to Daicos and Finn.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Mossi
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Beau 'Bear' McCreery

Post by Mossi »

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:I get the comparison. Both were fearsome and intimidating, I guess the difference being the way they moved and their athletic ability. Millane being a leopard and Beau more like a wild boar :)
:lol: :lol: Fankiboy, perfectly summed up! Leaves little to the imaginatioin....... :lol: :lol:
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Drop Bear Beau
Jezza
Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 235 times

Post by Jezza »

Can't get over how good his last quarter was against Essendon.

Just a relentless tackling machine.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Remenicent to when we played Kanga,s last season as he tackled 1st opponent then ran 10 meters to tackle a second opponent followed by a third opponent

He,s like a rampant beast
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Re: Beau 'Bear' McCreery

Post by stui magpie »

Mossi wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote: Not a direct comparison but do you see a bit of Millane in McCreery? I do.

I get the comparison. Both were fearsome and intimidating, I guess the difference being the way they moved and their athletic ability. Millane being a leopard and Beau more like a wild boar :)
:lol: :lol: Fankiboy, perfectly summed up! Leaves little to the imaginatioin....... :lol: :lol:
Razorback. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmuPQzgh6Ik
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

McCreery you Beau...ty
rambler

Post by rambler »

This thread compelled me to go on youtube and check out a clip showing the last two minutes of all our close ones last season. McCreery plays a leading roll in all of them.

He tackles with textbook precision, and breaks tackles equally well. Is a speedster who likes to bomb it deep but can also hit a lead if it's on.

Loves a goal, pretty accurate set shot from 45 on any angle and can crumb and snap.

At 23, we have an absolute gem.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^That bump where he caused the ball to jar free for one of the goals in the 4th last week was a joy to behold. Footy purists would've thought they'd died and gone to heaven.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

He is an absolute beast who sends terror down the spine of the opposition. His devastating speed at the contest creates massive perceived pressure, causing panic and disorganisation in the defence. Beau creates chaos, and our whole team feeds like the alien in Lost on Space who fed off energy.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by What'sinaname »

MagpiesTheGreat wrote:McCreery you Beau...ty
Beauty McBeautface :D
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Rex

Post by Rex »

All the incorrect spelling of Beau’s surname here on Nick’s is doing my head in. It is McCreery. M c C r e e r y !
It’s neither McReery, McLeery or MacCreery, nor any other combination.
His mum, Julie McCreery, addressed our players last week and her name was on the Pies website, the news and on various footy sites and all with the same spelling: McCreery. Despite the coverage his name has been misspelt again today in Nick’s.
He’s one of ours and we love his speed and his uncompromising pressure. Can’t we at least get his name right?
It’s McCreery.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by Pies2016 »

^^^
Wait till Finlay MacRae gets his next senior game. That will do both our heads in too
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Not least because his surname is Macrae, not MacRae.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “