#31 Beau McCreery

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

BBHS
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by BBHS »

The best thing about him is watching the opposition shit themselves when he's after them.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

His final SANFL season he led the tackles count in fwd 50 through the comp

I liked what I saw even before we signed him

And I have yet to see him pulled to the ground in a one on one contest
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

His last quarter was ridiculous. It was one of the best individual performances I’ve ever seen.
Est. 2002
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Re: Beau 'Bear' McCreery

Post by RudeBoy »

lazzadesilva wrote:
Millane42 wrote:This guy was phenomenal yesterday - his frantic pressure and hard hits were gold. Love watching him play.

He also has goal sense - a 'first picked' type of player (amongst a range of others)
Not a direct comparison but do you see a bit of Millane in McCreery? I do.
Good call Lazza. I was about to post the same thing. I suspect the comparison will become clearer, the more he plays. As it stands, he's our current raging bull. 8)
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Love the guy, such a combination of strength and speed and seems like such a natural unaffected bloke. He should be personally sponsored by a laundry stain remover because he gives players multiple brown pants moments each game when he goes after them, but when players try to tackle him he just walks through them.

One of my favourite players and yeah would be one of the first picked each week.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Beau Mc Creery

Son of Jor-El
Brother of Kal-El
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Millane42

Post by Millane42 »

RudeBoy wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
Millane42 wrote:This guy was phenomenal yesterday - his frantic pressure and hard hits were gold. Love watching him play.

He also has goal sense - a 'first picked' type of player (amongst a range of others)
Good call Lazza. I was about to post the same thing. I suspect the comparison will become clearer, the more he plays. As it stands, he's our current raging bull. 8)
Yep he is a raging bull like Pants but I call him Bear after the guy who does the music for walking Dead tv show
Most of my favourite bands start with "M" - Mars Volta, Mastodon, Megadeth, Metallica, Midnight Oil, Misfits...except King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard ~
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

What a stud.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

An absolute beast, but with speed *and* foot skills, which means there are more gears to go through yet. He's in the right role now, but also looking forward to him having midfield role as a brutal lock-down player that hurts teams the other way. Oh, and as Nick's personal bodyguard :)
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Mossi
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Mossi »

lazzadesilva wrote:

Love the comparison
Millane was a better mark, McCreery is faster, but they are both the best team players who lift their teammates. Both are great kicks, bulldose through contests, love the hard contact and don't take any nonsense from opposition. They are also some of the strongest players I have ever seen. Millane ragdolled his opposion and I will never forget McCreery handling May last year!
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

Without McCreery’s last quarter I doubt we would have won.

That is the first time I have thought of him as a match winner. We just got a bit scarily better, as a result.
1eyedpie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

burnsy17 wrote:I like to call him Bull.

He just wrecks havoc, splits contests, bullies blokes and is so fast it’s scary.

He’s an absolute bull and I love the guy. I bet they love playing with him!

Someone in the match post suggested we call him McScary
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

I've been a big fan of Beau McCreery for quite a while now and he's just starting to show how good he can be by hitting the scoreboard a bit more regularly. I think he is a bit faster than Darren Millane was but not as good a mark (yet!). Given good coaching and avoidance of any major injury concerns and I have high hopes Beau will develop into a real attacking weapon like Steve Johnson was for Geelong.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
i hate carlton
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by i hate carlton »

I came here to write this, he had a fantastic match. That goal after the siren was well deserved.
Meredith1965 wrote:Without McCreery’s last quarter I doubt we would have won.

That is the first time I have thought of him as a match winner. We just got a bit scarily better, as a result.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopi ... sc&start=0
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

Yet we are still just seeing glimpses of what he can do when he applies himself, looking forward to the day he finds his self belief to grab a game by scruff of the neck, and puts four quarters together to demoralise a contender.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever