Round 9 v Tasmania

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Dale61

Round 9 v Tasmania

Post by Dale61 »

Williamstown make the trip across Bass Strait to play the Devils at York Park on Saturday, May 29.

As this is also an ABC-TV game, I am planning on calling the game live in the chat room for the interstate fans.

Game starts at 1.10pm.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

good to hear Dale m8, see you in the chat :)

and Thanx ;)
Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory..... lasts forever!
paulie

Post by paulie »

sounds good mate doubt i will get control of the remote so will probally popm in to chat at some stage.
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

LOL paulie. I've had to book the pc, the TV AND the DVD recorder so as to cover all aspects of the game.

I'll call the game (whilst recording it) via the ABC telecast, then watch it back to do a match report. This is the least I can do as there won't be any pics from the game.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

All is in place for this once-in-a-season event.

The chatroom, although open 24/7, will kick off approx. 12.30pm.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
onslaught

Post by onslaught »

Hey guys, I don't pop in hear too often (hating the Seagulls and all :) but I thought I should say if you get the chance to make the trip down to Tassy to watch the club play there it really is a terrific experience.

I was lucky enough to get some v/cheap flights ($29) and went down to see Port take on the Devils this weekend..

Good luck for the game against Tassy in Rnd 9, as they are a pretty good side, who do attract a decent crowd (although a bit less so up in Launceston)
cheers,
onslaught
http://www.vflfooty.com
tazziepie

Post by tazziepie »

for all supporters coming down there is an after game function at the village inn st leonards with all players and officials attending supper provided.it starts at approx 5pm till 8pm further details contact ricky.pies vs roos live at 7pm.
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

G'day tassiepie. Any chance of you posting a report and player summaries from the game?
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
molloymagic

Post by molloymagic »

I was at the port vs devils game last weekend and if the williamstown side were playing the mighty devils(u can tell i'm a tassie person can;t u) in the south of the state,like they did last weekend then i would have attended.

Part of me wants to see the williamstown side win but part of me wants to see the devils win :)
Jarrod Molloy
*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

http://williamstown.footballvictoria.co ... leid=28352

Seniors: Williamstown vs Tasmania
Saturday May 29
1:00pm at York Park, Launceston
Match Televised live into Melbourne on ABC TV from 1pm.

Live call in chatroom from 12.30pm.

Reserves: Williamstown vs Sandringham
Saturday May 29
1:45pm at Burbank Oval, Williamstown (Melways Ref Map 56 D12)
Curtain Raiser: Western Jets vs Northern Knights at 11:00am

This weekend the Seagulls have the tough task of taking on the fourth placed Tasmania at York Park. The Devils have been very impressive in 2004, losing only their second match of the season on the weekend to Port Melbourne, despite leading at three quarter time. The Seagulls on the other hand were less than impressive against Geelong and will be keen to get back onto the winners list. All the action of the game can be seen on the ABC from 1:00pm.

The reserves play at Burbank Oval starting at 1:45pm, with the Western Jets playing the Northern Knights in the curtain raiser game.

The Tassie game will be on the TV in the social rooms at Burbank Oval. Members and supporters are invited to the social rooms to support the reserves and the Jets whilst watching the senior side in action. A barbecue will be operating and drinks will be available at the bar.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
tazziepie

Post by tazziepie »

im waterboy dale so i will be right in the thick of things.willdo a report sunday morning and post it.
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Thx mate. As I'll be calling the game in the chatroom, I'll be recording the game to compile a comprehensive report for posting later in the week, but a report from someone who will be on the spot would be grouse.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

(From www.examiner.com.au
Williamstown duo on the ball for State visit
By RACHEL WILLIAMS *LOGO:TASMANIA, VFL, 2001 - COLOUR * , Thursday, 27 May 2004
http://www.examiner.com.au/story.asp?id=233531
Collingwood draftees Luke Shackleton and Billy Morrison will line up against their home State on Saturday when Collingwood-aligned Williamstown plays the Tassie Devils at York Park.

Shackleton, who played a key role in Williamstown's VFL premiership last season, was drafted by the Magpies with their second- round selection at the 2002 national draft.
Dale61

Team line-up

Post by Dale61 »

B:
King ~ West ~ Nixon

HB:
Shackleton ~ Prestigiacomo ~ Hollow

C:
Cranage ~ B. Shaw ~ Jarrad

HF:
Rowe ~ Kinnear ~ Williams

F:
Morrison ~ Baldwin ~ H. Shaw

R:
Walker ~ Lloyd ~ Mullins

Inter:
Butler ~ Crow ~ Knight ~ Lawry
McKenzie ~ Proctor ~ Rippon ~ Theodore
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Walker in the ruck? Do you think he'll line up there or his position will be taken by Crow?