What made me laugh today... Pt 2

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Cyclists shouldn't ride up the inside lane at traffic lights. All they do is then stop / slow the left lane from taking off as the cyclists is much slower than a car.

Selfish cyclists (all of them) want to get to the front of the queue, rather than being considerate and hanging back to allow cars to take off first.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

What'sinaname wrote:Cyclists shouldn't ride up the inside lane at traffic lights. All they do is then stop / slow the left lane from taking off as the cyclists is much slower than a car.

Selfish cyclists (all of them) want to get to the front of the queue, rather than being considerate and hanging back to allow cars to take off first.
Yes and no. Depends on the intersection. It’s not selfish to take off at the green lights in fact it’s safer: no fumes and it’s only a couple of seconds . I ride and I drive, have no issue with waiting for cyclists to go first as it takes seconds. At the same time cars run red lights a lot and think that amber is a green light. Having said that I don’t have any time for cyclists who ride without lights at night, who don’t stop at red lights and ride 3 abreast (unless it’s in a lane where there’s no cycle lane.
Get used to it as there’s gunna be more cyclists not less.

What I don’t understand is how one minute you gave a so called bike lane then just before an intersection it’s disappeared.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Not all cyclists are selfish, but there is a large percentage of self entitled twats who think it is their right to be on/in the road and car drivers should defer to them.

Grow some courtesy and brains and GTF out of the way.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote: Oh tiddums, for a 1/2 second you are inconvenienced. As a bike rider you’ve gotta keep a door opening width from parked cars. As a car driver, so what, it’s a nano second.

Share the road (it ain’t hard) & for those that do: get off ur fringin phone while driving. And for those that do the right thing: thank you
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

Can't help laugh at the loony left being faux outraged about the Donald Bradman letter.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

If....
Saying ‘Merry Christmas’ worse than congratulating someone for murder, Islamic preacher warns
https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-ac ... 36b699d447

then...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David

Post by David »

If he's a prominent supporter of Islamic State as the article suggests, then I doubt this is his most outrageous opinion. :lol:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

Greta Thunburg’s response to the boofhead under arrest in Romania currently.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... tate-tweet

What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

^ everything about that was glorious. Greta's response and then the arrest.
David

Post by David »

No slight on Greta, who shouldn't have to put up with these neanderthals, but does anyone else think that it's high time the use of "small dick" as an insult was put out to pasture? It's odd that most other forms of body-shaming are steadily becoming taboo in mainstream society but that one is still seen as a hilarious comeback.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/12/29/small-dc ... -18008840/
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

Nup, not me.

Alice Giddings and Ellen Scott need to stop obsessing over dicks.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

David wrote:No slight on Greta, who shouldn't have to put up with these neanderthals, but does anyone else think that it's high time the use of "small dick" as an insult was put out to pasture? It's odd that most other forms of body-shaming are steadily becoming taboo in mainstream society but that one is still seen as a hilarious comeback.

But it appeals to the small minds who love her
watt price tully

David wrote:No slight on Greta, who shouldn't have to put up with these neanderthals, but does anyone else think that it's high time the use of "small dick" as an insult was put out to pasture? It's odd that most other forms of body-shaming are steadily becoming taboo in mainstream society but that one is still seen as a hilarious comeback.

Ultimately ur right but was a brilliant put down nonetheless to the male misogynist.

Mind you the latter comment about he ought to have recycled the pizza boxes was even better