The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

themonk

Post by themonk »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:I hear from a reliable source that we are looking to trade up the draft, but the source wouldn't tell me for whom.

There's not much value outside the first round as these are the really covid-effected generation.
Hoping this is the case but who is willing to trade out of top 10?
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by derkd »

themonk wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:I hear from a reliable source that we are looking to trade up the draft, but the source wouldn't tell me for whom.

There's not much value outside the first round as these are the really covid-effected generation.
Hoping this is the case but who is willing to trade out of top 10?

^ Agreed, this is a really even, fairly dull draft outside of the top 10 to 20 (from what I have read, think 2004 yes high end guns but not many from outside the top 10 went on to much of a career).

I think we will take best available at pick 16 and shop the other picks to maybe get higher up in 2023 draft.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

From 12 to 24 we get into the 'I can't believe he was still available bracket'

We can guarantee ourselves a steal at pick 16.

After that it's: ' We were lucky he was still there'
DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

Darcy Moore best case return to Full Training will be in Feb.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

DeadEyeDidak wrote:Darcy Moore best case return to Full Training will be in Feb.
Thats a blow to his preparation.

The recruitment of Dean and Frampton sure has filled a void.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

DeadEyeDidak wrote:Darcy Moore best case return to Full Training will be in Feb.
Frampton and Dean will probably get to debut early then. Moore really is very injury prone even off the field. :)
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

To be fair, Moore has averaged 18.33 games over the last 3 seasons… SP by comparison is at 19 (best possible would be 22) albeit 7 years older

Maynard at 21.33 has only missed 3 games over the same period (all due to suspension?) and is only 8 games behind the very durable Crispy over the last 7 years
Uncle Jack

Post by Uncle Jack »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:best possible would be 22
Best possible would be 26
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Uncle Jack wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:best possible would be 22
Best possible would be 26
In a season, yes

Over the last 3 seasons playing for Collingwood, it’s 22
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Does the famous John Brack painting 'Three of the Players' hang in the McGuire household?
If not, where is it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_of_the_Players

ps' it'd make a cracking avatar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

Darcy Cameron - Who injured his knee at the opening bounce of the R23 clash vs Carlton in 2022, and carried the injury through the finals, opted not to get surgery in the off season (club decision).

He has come back experiencing the same issues and is in danger of missing the start of the season.
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

DeadEyeDidak wrote:Darcy Cameron - Who injured his knee at the opening bounce of the R23 clash vs Carlton in 2022, and carried the injury through the finals, opted not to get surgery in the off season (club decision).

He has come back experiencing the same issues and is in danger of missing the start of the season.
Oh No! Now we'll really regret the Grundy move... Hopefully Mason Cox and Aiden Begg can take on the role. Else one of the new guys in Frampton or McStay will need to step up if either of Cameron or Cox is out of the team. Not ideal.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

Boot wrote:
DeadEyeDidak wrote:Darcy Cameron - Who injured his knee at the opening bounce of the R23 clash vs Carlton in 2022, and carried the injury through the finals, opted not to get surgery in the off season (club decision).

Oh No! Now we'll really regret the Grundy move... Hopefully Mason Cox and Aiden Begg can take on the role. Else one of the new guys in Frampton or McStay will need to step up if either of Cameron or Cox is out of the team. Not ideal.
DC trained today, slightly modified program. I don't believe him to be 100% over the knee. Time will tell I guess.
DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

DeadEyeDidak wrote:Just a rumour.

Mark Keane was given an ultimatum mainly by Craig McRae and supported by Graham Wright about his commitment to Collingwood and AFL.

Craig/GW weren't exactly impressed by him leaving early in 2021 but understood due to the COVID situation of 2020 and 2021 however when Mark asked the club about coming back to Melbourne in a couple of weeks time instead of on Jan 10 we ripped up his contract.
Just bumping this for a bit of context on today's news RE Mark Keane
DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

Aaron Naughton - An interested onlooker at Pies intraclub last night.