What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

LaurieHolden
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Kids outside my parents house, drawing on the footpath in chalk. Just sent me into a moment of yester-year nostalgia.
Looks like it might rain though, so they'll have a fresh canvas tomorrow.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Youngest and her partner came around this morning and are doing all the cooking / preparation for Christmas (and the end of Chanukah) . Mrs WPT has been crook as (two heavy colds in a row) just turned the corner yesterday.

So tomorrow we gave Mrs WPT and moi, two daughters, two partners of daughters and the grandson. I’m doing an early shift at work tomorrow and hope to get off early if it is quiet
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Nice enjoy
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
watt price tully

think positive wrote:Nice enjoy
Cheers. What about you? What are you doing?
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive

Post by think positive »

I have 16 to feed! Hubby’s 2 sisters and their families, plus 1 of my sisters. Everyone brings a plate, and hubby goes nuts! I make my mums toast spuds, they are amazing, I parboiled them today while watching die hard!

We had about 40 people for our griswald party about three weeks ago! The family you choose!

Boxing Day off to the beach house, have a break and keep working on the new place! It’s exhausting but I’m lovin it!

First Christmas isn’t it for the youngster? Memories, the best xx
think positive

Post by think positive »

I have 16 to feed! Hubby’s 2 sisters and their families, plus 1 of my sisters. Everyone brings a plate, and hubby goes nuts! I make my mums toast spuds, they are amazing, I parboiled them today while watching die hard!

We had about 40 people for our griswald party about three weeks ago! The family you choose!

Boxing Day off to the beach house, have a break and keep working on the new place! It’s exhausting but I’m lovin it!

stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Had Xmas lunch today with the daughter, her partner and the grandson at the RSL.

I had the Surf and Turf which included the smallest piece of Rump Steak I've eve seen. Lucky Mum could only eat half her meal.

Back to the house and present time. The little bloke is a fan of The Flash so I bought him a Tshirt with a flash logo and an action figure, got them on Amazon, had to import them from the USA. Should have see his face. Jaw opened so wide I thought he could swallow himeself, then let out a mighty Rebel Yell of joy. Other presents were duly appreciated but the Flash stuff made his day.

He played for a bit while we watched, then at his suggestion, me, him and the 2 girls into the park next door for a bit of Cricket. Family tradition that he wouldn't realise but shit it was fun.

Mum's scooter is pulled apart and loaded in the ute, heading to Toc in the morning. Got a cooked chook and roast pork and a ham and some prepared veges ready to cook so dishing up a 3 meat roast dinner in 37 degree heat won't be a chore, wash that down with a bottle of Sangria.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Brilliant Stu, merry Christmas to you all xx
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

stui magpie wrote:Had Xmas lunch today with the daughter, her partner and the grandson at the RSL.

I had the Surf and Turf which included the smallest piece of Rump Steak I've eve seen. .
So it was more a Surf and Tu then
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:Brilliant Stu, merry Christmas to you all xx
Cheers Jo, and to you and yours.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

think positive wrote:I have 16 to feed! Hubby’s 2 sisters and their families, plus 1 of my sisters. Everyone brings a plate, and hubby goes nuts! I make my mums toast spuds, they are amazing, I parboiled them today while watching die hard!

16 to feed
think positive

Post by think positive »

Cheers and here they go! One sister can’t leave til 12.30 can we eat at 1, never mind my eldest has to go to Epping for the other half of Christmas! I might take a test, surely one day I’ll be positive!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

^^^

I try that on a few Sundays hoping for a week off work!!!
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
think positive

Post by think positive »

Hehe

Well done and dusted, not my turn for another 2 years, woohoo! I’m buggered!