Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

watt price tully wrote:Do we really want to trade pick #27 for Mitchell? If they’re selling him it seems a bit steep to me.
Okay, look at it this way. We trade for Mitchell and we have a proven, Brownlow Medal winning extractor who gets the pill out often (inside and outside player) who may be good for 5-6 years and especially handy if Adams or DeGoey go down, OR we roll the dice with the law of averages when it comes to pick 27 - see its history here https://www.draftguru.com.au/search/picks/7+27+32+45

You'll notice the odds aren't great. Hypothetical stuff and many variables, I know, but still...
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

BBHS wrote:GW said Fiorini will be left at Gold Coast Motors
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

Podpicken wrote:
watt price tully wrote:Do we really want to trade pick #27 for Mitchell? If they’re selling him it seems a bit steep to me.
Okay, look at it this way. We trade for Mitchell and we have a proven, Brownlow Medal winning extractor who gets the pill out often (inside and outside player) who may be good for 5-6 years and especially handy if Adams or DeGoey go down, OR we roll the dice with the law of averages when it comes to pick 27 - see its history here https://www.draftguru.com.au/search/picks/7+27+32+45

You'll notice the odds aren't great. Hypothetical stuff and many variables, I know, but still...
This is absolutely spot on.
Mitchell all the way
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
watt price tully

Podpicken wrote:

I want Mitchell but thought at first view #27 might be too much to give up. Like Geelong I want my cake and eat it too.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

watt price tully wrote:
Podpicken wrote:

I want Mitchell but thought at first view #27 might be too much to give up. Like Geelong I want my cake and eat it too.
It comes down to how much Hawthorn are contributing.

27 for Grundy with Melbourne paying 90% was an absolute steal.

27 for Mitchell and Hawthorn paying a fair chunk again good value.

If Hawthorn wanted us to pay him his full salary then the trade value would diminish.
stui magpie
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by stui magpie »

watt price tully wrote:
Podpicken wrote:

Just remind yourself of the calories. :P :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Podpicken wrote: Okay, look at it this way. We trade for Mitchell and we have a proven, Brownlow Medal winning extractor who gets the pill out often (inside and outside player) who may be good for 5-6 years and especially handy if Adams or DeGoey go down, OR we roll the dice with the law of averages when it comes to pick 27 - see its history here https://www.draftguru.com.au/search/picks/7+27+32+45

Just remind yourself of the calories. :P :wink:
Jezza
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Jezza »

watt price tully wrote:What about the European car Fiorini? News seems a bit quiet currently.
Don't think it's happening.

Mitchell will likely be our final addition in the trade period.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Jezza wrote:
watt price tully wrote:What about the European car Fiorini? News seems a bit quiet currently.
Don't think it's happening.

Mitchell will likely be our final addition in the trade period.
That no Certainty at the Moment
I am Da Man
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

piffdog wrote:
BazBoy wrote:Just had a squiz at Billy Frampton and at 25 yrs old -2 metres /90’kg is a big fella
With Howe moving to end of his career this guy could be instant defender

Magden may be moved on with Frampton and a young Dean being the future
of defence
Ooh yeah - Charlie Dean. Hasn't had a chance yet but had forgotten about him on our list. Surely one of the two can step up.
And Will Kelly. Madgen must go. Not in the best 35 for mine.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Big T »

mudlark wrote:
piffdog wrote:
BazBoy wrote:Just had a squiz at Billy Frampton and at 25 yrs old -2 metres /90’kg is a big fella
With Howe moving to end of his career this guy could be instant defender

Magden may be moved on with Frampton and a young Dean being the future
of defence
Ooh yeah - Charlie Dean. Hasn't had a chance yet but had forgotten about him on our list. Surely one of the two can step up.
And Will Kelly. Madgen must go. Not in the best 35 for mine.
Madge iz better than Kelly.
Buon Giorno
Jezza
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Jezza »

Dave The Man wrote:That no Certainty at the Moment
It is now ;)
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Presti35
Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 104 times

Top 25 Free Agents 2023

Post by Presti35 »

Let's see who we've got here. As ranked by the experts at the Herald Sun:

1. Jack Crisp. (29)
2. Darcy Parish. (25)
3. Jade Gresham. (25)
4. Ben McKay. (24)
5. Eric Hipwood. (25)
6. Mason Redman. (25)
7. Nat Fyfe. (31)
8. Jeremy McGovern. (30)
9. Tom Doedee. (25)
10. Harry Himmelberg. (26)
11. Nathan Broad. (29)
12. Jeremy Howe. (32)
13. Toby Mclean. (26)
14. Michael Walters. (31)
15. Tom Liberatore. (30)
16. Dane Rampe. (32)
17. Seb Ross. (29)
18. Jack Silvagni. (24)
19. Sam Menegola. (30)
20. Riley Bonner. (25)
21. Brayden Fiorini. (25)
22. Jason Castagna. (26)
23. Matt Crouch. (27)
24. Sam Day. (30)
25. David Cuningham. (25)

Most players end up signing on long before the end of the season. I like that they have ranked Crisp as the #1 guy. I dont think he'll be looking to leave the club. And Howe will still be here unless retirement comes calling.

So we shouldn't have too much to worry about.

As far as players to look to bring in; McKay at full back would look good. Parish would slot in nicely with Pendles another year older. Hipwood at FF is better than what we have (no one). I'd need convincing on Himmelberg. And Redman is my friends favourite player, so thats enough for me. :twisted:

Interesting that Fiorini will be a FA.

So who should we target?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Matt Crouch lol

Spot on with all that. Any of the top 5 will do

The unfashionable looking Gresham goes under most people's radar. Jeez he's good.
Presti35
Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Presti35 »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:Matt Crouch lol
He would have been a big get a few seasons back. No one went for him even though it was obvious the Crows wanted to trade. Anyone could have got him for a good price, but I guess that says a lot.

We'll see if anyone comes calling him as a free-agent, but you wouldn't imagine the big deals will be on offer. I mean if you're Essendon and you're in massive need of an inside mid, why wouldn't you trade another player or average pick in return? I think at the right team, he can be a good fit for a year or 2. But I guess everyone else had other priorities on their mind.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!