Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Wright just said on radio that we're not doing anything about Fiorini. That, at least, is positive.
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ Wright just said on radio that we're not doing anything about Fiorini. That, at least, is positive.
Sounded to me like Mitchell happens.
Also sounded to me as a shot at Geelong that we will not blink. If they're serious we'll get that first rounder, otherwise he stays. Lots of doubt he goes into the draft so advantage us.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ Wright just said on radio that we're not doing anything about Fiorini. That, at least, is positive.
Fiorini isn't half the player Mitchell is despite being a couple of years younger. Happy for the club to concentrate on getting Mitchell, if not maybe we keep Poulter and develop his talents.
Presti35
Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Presti35 »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:I have a sentimental attachment to the name Weideman. I’d welcome him at Collingwood.
Same. Murray was my Dads fave player when he was a kid, so...

And there's also Ed Richards.

But it's true that they do not improve the club right now and will likely never be Magpies. If there was a grandfather-son rule, it's possible Richards would have been drafted, but Weideman has never seemed interested in Collingwood. Tony Shaw has said Sam will be coming for 2 years in a row now. If we didnt already have Krugs, then he could have been a target. I think as a depth option in ruck/fwd wouldnt be a bad idea, but as others have said there are other/better options.

Last name aside, I dont think we'd be talking about him. Interesting though that Essendon will have a Kelly, Stewart and Weideman now though.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

This bloke has been a target of ours since Keane went back. Has had a solid year as a KPP. This is the McCartin type for us that could free Moore up.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Presti35
Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Presti35 »

Im gathering now that Hopper is off to Richmond that Greene, Whitfield and Haynes are now all off the table?

Matt Crouch was linked to 3 unnamed clubs, but Adelaide have now said he's staying put.

The Bulldogs-Lions standoff is very interesting. North will be hoping no deal is made.

And of course there's the Henry debacle. Once Mitchell is traded in, I wonder if we can speak to other clubs (GWS) about on trading the Geelong picks for one of the players they want off the books?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
BazBoy
Been liked: 38 times

Post by BazBoy »

Was suggestion on SEN that Henry if not cleared to Geebung he would walk himself to the open draft

How does that work?
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
slangman
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by slangman »

BazBoy wrote:Was suggestion on SEN that Henry if not cleared to Geebung he would walk himself to the open draft

How does that work?
He nominates for the draft as any other young or uncontracted player and then gets picked up by Collingwood before Geelong has a pick
- Side By Side -
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Fox Sports (I know): "Meanwhile Collingwood will not pursue Brayden Fiorini from Gold Coast, but still holds interest in Hawthorn’s Tom Mitchell"
Haff

Post by Haff »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:Fox Sports (I know): "Meanwhile Collingwood will not pursue Brayden Fiorini from Gold Coast, but still holds interest in Hawthorn’s Tom Mitchell"
Mitchell will 100% happen.
Pies will have turned Grundy into Mitchell which to me, is a better use of the $$; we still save coin and it makes up for what we're paying grundy next year at least.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

2 at most Trades for us and still neither might happen either

Mitchell and Henry
I am Da Man
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Do we really want to trade pick #27 for Mitchell? If they’re selling him it seems a bit steep to me.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Haff

Post by Haff »

Personally would rather take 27 to the draft but if we get 25 and 33 for Henry (which I think we will get and then need to decide if thats worth it) then 33 goes for Mitchell which seems about right.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

What about the European car Fiorini? News seems a bit quiet currently.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
BBHS
Been liked: 7 times

Post by BBHS »

GW said Fiorini will be left at Gold Coast Motors