What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Thanks guys, I've done a lot of reflection in the past few weeks, I think my time in HR is done.

I'm going to resign when my boss is back from holidays and get a referral from my GP to a psych. Dumbest decision I could make financially, but it's about quality of life.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:After battling with anxiety for the past 2 months, particularly the past fortnight. having a weekend away confirmed what I thought. The issue is work.

Had a really enjoyable couple of days, no symptoms, just enjoyed.

decision made, see ya work.
Well done you
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

Wow Stui, time comes for everyone in work. I threw work in at end of June. I had had a gutful of my business for a couple of years, went on anti depressants but time had come.

We've done the sea change and it is the greatest thing we've done apart from kids I suppose. No more phone calls and all the bullshit.

Start living your life and don't be tied down by work. Money isn't everything.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:After battling with anxiety for the past 2 months, particularly the past fortnight. having a weekend away confirmed what I thought. The issue is work.

Had a really enjoyable couple of days, no symptoms, just enjoyed.

decision made, see ya work.
hugs. look after you xx
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

partypie wrote:Enjoy TP!
Yesterday I continued with planting more plants, mostly local natives on the non bush part of our block, stopped for lunch looking into some bush and finally saw a pair of birds (Rufus whistlers) I have been hearing - they have a distinctive melodic song - and trying to spot for at least a year. It makes me happy to see such a diversity of plants and animals.
nice, im looking forward to more animals and birds and less people!

except for footy of course!
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

think positive wrote:
Yesterday I continued with planting more plants, mostly local natives on the non bush part of our block, stopped for lunch looking into some bush and finally saw a pair of birds (Rufus whistlers) I have been hearing - they have a distinctive melodic song - and trying to spot for at least a year. It makes me happy to see such a diversity of plants and animals.

Our sea change has brought us to Paradise Beach in Gippsland. We love it, no people, at 3 hrs from Melbourne it's too far for city day trippers.

The animals and birds are amazing. Last evening we had 5 metres from our back door, mummy roo with her joey in it's pouch and another sibling feeding on the grass. Wallabies come and go, elusive buggers.

Birds are incredible, black cockies, sulphur crested cockies [not in huge flocks like Melbourne]. Crimson and Eastern Rosellas, Currawongs, Kookaburras, Wattle birds, Superb Blue Wrens, Willy Wagtails, Whip birds and not forgetting the Mighty Magpies.

Just up the road there are Emus wandering around in paddocks. We have a family of Jackie lizards in our front yard. Unfortunately, our first week here we encountered some snakes. They scare the shit out of us, but after educating myself about them, my fear factor has dropped from 10 to around 5.

We are beach front, with the ocean noise only broken by the occasional sound of the RAAF roulettes practicing overhead. Pretty cool actually. Fishing is on the agenda, but just don't have the time atm.

Maybe a new category for sea/tree change could be made for our observations.
KenH

Post by KenH »

stui magpie wrote:Thanks guys, I've done a lot of reflection in the past few weeks, I think my time in HR is done.

I'm going to resign when my boss is back from holidays and get a referral from my GP to a psych. Dumbest decision I could make financially, but it's about quality of life.
Good for you, hope all goes well. money isn't important nice but not important, happy life is far better!
Cheers big ears
think positive

Post by think positive »

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:
think positive wrote:

Our sea change has brought us to Paradise Beach in Gippsland. We love it, no people, at 3 hrs from Melbourne it's too far for city day trippers.

The animals and birds are amazing. Last evening we had 5 metres from our back door, mummy roo with her joey in it's pouch and another sibling feeding on the grass. Wallabies come and go, elusive buggers.

Birds are incredible, black cockies, sulphur crested cockies [not in huge flocks like Melbourne]. Crimson and Eastern Rosellas, Currawongs, Kookaburras, Wattle birds, Superb Blue Wrens, Willy Wagtails, Whip birds and not forgetting the Mighty Magpies.

Just up the road there are Emus wandering around in paddocks. We have a family of Jackie lizards in our front yard. Unfortunately, our first week here we encountered some snakes. They scare the shit out of us, but after educating myself about them, my fear factor has dropped from 10 to around 5.

We are beach front, with the ocean noise only broken by the occasional sound of the RAAF roulettes practicing overhead. Pretty cool actually. Fishing is on the agenda, but just don't have the time atm.

Maybe a new category for sea/tree change could be made for our observations.
great idea! start a thread

or maybe Stu already did? cant remember xxx
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

stui magpie wrote:Thanks guys, I've done a lot of reflection in the past few weeks, I think my time in HR is done.

HR is the shittiest job you can do. Between all the laws and regulation, the woke brigade, the snow flakes, the fake bullying / harassment claims and the entitled mentality it's a zero enjoyment role.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Today as a whole has been a great day, very happy all round and the trade news made it even better!!!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Thanks all for the kind comments.

All formalised today. I spoke to my boss on Monday, told her what and why I was doing. Had a face to face with her this morning, really very supportive which I appreciated, left the option open for me to come back in some capacity if and when I feel like I can do that.

Had the consult with the Doc, geez I scored there, she is brilliant. Mapped it all out for me, txted me links to 4 different psych joints and some online mental health resources.

Next steps are I finish up next Thursday, the boss will waive the rest of the notice period. Doc offered to give me a MC to put me on sick leave from now for the 4 week notice period but I said No, I'd rather push through for 1 more week, do a proper handover and leave on good terms.

Next I book in for a psych. Tried the Doc's first pref this arvo and they aren't taking new clients until Feb so I'll make some calls on friday and see what i can do, in between that it's in to the Doc for a full mental health plan, try to extract some of my taxes back from Centrelink so I'm not reliant purely on savings and take it one step at a time.

Onward and upward, lets ride this pony and see where it goes.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Thanks all for the kind comments.

All formalised today. I spoke to my boss on Monday, told her what and why I was doing. Had a face to face with her this morning, really very supportive which I appreciated, left the option open for me to come back in some capacity if and when I feel like I can do that.

Had the consult with the Doc, geez I scored there, she is brilliant. Mapped it all out for me, txted me links to 4 different psych joints and some online mental health resources.

Next steps are I finish up next Thursday, the boss will waive the rest of the notice period. Doc offered to give me a MC to put me on sick leave from now for the 4 week notice period but I said No, I'd rather push through for 1 more week, do a proper handover and leave on good terms.

Next I book in for a psych. Tried the Doc's first pref this arvo and they aren't taking new clients until Feb so I'll make some calls on friday and see what i can do, in between that it's in to the Doc for a full mental health plan, try to extract some of my taxes back from Centrelink so I'm not reliant purely on savings and take it one step at a time.

Onward and upward, lets ride this pony and see where it goes.
If you cant get one, don’t like them, try Jacqui louder, she’s at AAMI, and yes collingwoods jacqui, she’s amazing , cheers. You should be really proud of yourself,
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Cheers jo, I'll def look her up.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Cheers Jo, got one organised, first appt 30 Jan. I can work with that.

Good day today, spotted the old PS2 out the back and a bunch of games for it I hadn't looked at for well over 10 years, so pulled it out, plugged it in and FMD it still works :shock: :D

That's coming to Toc next weekend.