What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Thanks TP and Stui.

Strong maternal grandparent similarities: we have a similar hairline and I’m known to dribble
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Hehehe
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

The Knight won for us :)

https://fb.watch/fC2gw8bVeZ/
Don't count the days, make the days count.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Got on the scales at the beach house and they said ‘LO’
Tried 3 times
That’s a keeper!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

partypie

Post by partypie »

Resigning after scoring a better job
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Good stuff.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
partypie

Post by partypie »

The former employer made the mistake of rostering me on when the finals were on!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Had Mum around to our place today and daughter with 9 month old (well nearly) around. Mum got to meet her Great Grandson for the first time. Issues with distance and lockdown at the Aged Care Facility made it too hard. Mum has Alzheimer’s & is much less distressed / agitated than she was a few years ago thank god.

After about 10 minutes of playing, laughing cuddling etc she asks: “..and whose baby is it”
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive

Post by think positive »

awwww its such a hard thing to go through, hugs, but thats awesome too xxx
think positive

Post by think positive »

so its been a long week, thanks to fricken NAB,but all sorted, settlement is next week, final inspection tomorrow,

a few weeks back my sister and i spread my dads ashes of the pier near by the new place, so i drove passed. there were free feed bins out the front so i left a note, please keep them for us! left my number too.

a few days later i had a funeral in geelong, so i dropped passed and knocked! said leave anything you dont want, (the place is really tidy so) and offered to buy the stuff worth selling. I had already offered to buy the 4 sheep and 4 chooks. She said the sheep were spoken for. so she shows me the ride on mower, and as i round the corner to the shed, there is her hubby with 1 said sheep on a hook, and rrriiipppp goes the fleece, right in front of me. i said "ah, so thats what happened to the sheep" she says oh the others have a good home! hmm. i begged her not to kill the chooks, she says they have nearly finished their laying something, i said thats fine they can just live out their lives happy in the pasture! i asked the chooks names and they both looked at me like im nuts! he proceeds to show me his amazing vegie patch and fruit trees! he put strawberries in for us!!

so i texted her this morning to thank them, wish them well, tell them to drop in for a wine/beer, and ask what/how i feed the chooks! she replies with instructions and then adds ... and there is 2 pet sheep for you in the paddock!!! im so so stoked! if they are female i said to junior how about Pamela and Sue-ellen Ewe-ing! if male Bruce and Willis!!! the chooks will be collingwood players!

so my other sister, the highly opinionated one had an op tonight, since she has no partner im bringing her home to look after her! yes im a saint again! well ok, truth is her jaw is wired shut for 3 weeks so she cant talk!
partypie

Post by partypie »

Enjoy TP!
Yesterday I continued with planting more plants, mostly local natives on the non bush part of our block, stopped for lunch looking into some bush and finally saw a pair of birds (Rufus whistlers) I have been hearing - they have a distinctive melodic song - and trying to spot for at least a year. It makes me happy to see such a diversity of plants and animals.
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

After battling with anxiety for the past 2 months, particularly the past fortnight. having a weekend away confirmed what I thought. The issue is work.

Had a really enjoyable couple of days, no symptoms, just enjoyed.

decision made, see ya work.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

^ Good stuff, Stui.

Always important to recharge and take some time away.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
partypie

Post by partypie »

stui magpie wrote:After battling with anxiety for the past 2 months, particularly the past fortnight. having a weekend away confirmed what I thought. The issue is work.

Had a really enjoyable couple of days, no symptoms, just enjoyed.

decision made, see ya work.
I just changed jobs, it has made a world of difference to my well being. Said hello to my former boss in the supermarket today, she looked like she was eating lemons. So glad I don’t have to see that expression anymore. It’s a great time to look for something better/different/nicer. I was offered more money and the chance to learn new skills so it was a no brainer.