#11 Daniel McStay

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Saw his highlights, big strong dude. Takes a strong mark and is very alert around goal.
He's going to love our fast play into the F50.
I thought he also plays defence? did'nt see any of that.

Next year's team for round 1 is going to be vverry interesting!!
Hill and McStay, two certain INs.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Looks great, good grabs, NO doubt we will be kicking higher scores, more goals next season, via him, Billy, Jamie, Jack, and Ash and Checkers, far better than this yrs forward line already. Wright gets another one correct.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Woods

Post by Woods »

And there's a pack soaring for a mark near where the goal posts stand,
With a Collingwood player ready to gather and pass the crumb by hand,
And I’m wondering if he’s De Goey or if he’s McStay,
Do you remember, nothing stopped us on the field,
In our day.

(with apologies to Don Walker and Steve Prestwich)
Last edited by Woods on Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct= ... 5NCzlB3yQf

He ain’t no spud!

Welcome, in Craig and Graham we trust
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Excellent. Welcome Macstey.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

think positive wrote:https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiPxrGDhMb6AhUL2nMBHegICwcQtwJ6BAgGEAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_2_zIlqSuig&usg=AOvVaw14GkjEByxY--5NCzlB3yQf

He ain’t no spud!

Welcome, in Craig and Graham we trust

Don't know why my post calling McStay a massive spud got taken down? Aren't we allowed to express our opinions?
As for the highlight reel TP. I can put together a highlight reel of the worse player in the comp and make him look good. We f#cked up. Losing Grundy for this spud :twisted:
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

He certainly ain’t no spud. I reckon if you asked Chris Fagan he’d be spewing he’s gone. He’s like another Checkers but with a bit more versatility I reckon. Watching his interview today I reckon he’s excited and will have a new lease of life back in Melbourne. Forget the rumoured salary package. He’ll be a great acquisition for Collingwood. He’s a team oriented guy and will buy in to what Fly is Building 110%.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

I heard hes a hard working forward and from what I saw on video I really like his hands when marking, very strong hands.
Im happy with him.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

He is apart from every one At Copeland the second inductee to talk up the exciting things they have seen from afar when watching us

Chalk that up to Fly,s positivity
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
MAY-Z

Post by MAY-Z »

Damien wrote:He certainly ain’t no spud. I reckon if you asked Chris Fagan he’d be spewing he’s gone. He’s like another Checkers but with a bit more versatility I reckon. Watching his interview today I reckon he’s excited and will have a new lease of life back in Melbourne. Forget the rumoured salary package. He’ll be a great acquisition for Collingwood. He’s a team oriented guy and will buy in to what Fly is Building 110%.
Yep 100%, a couple of months ago when Chris Fagan was getting quizzed about brisbanes finals record, he mentioned a few time about how much losing McStay to injury early in last years qualifying final hurt them
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

The thing that concerns me about McStay, he's been at the Lions for 9 years and 2022 was his best year of footy. (Look up his stats). What's he done for the previous 8 years?
Not surprised 2022 was his best year as he'd been planning to move to Victoria and hoping to be picked up by a Melbourne club (We turned out to be the suckers). McStay's pre 2022 is nothing to write about. Definitely not worth losing a dual All Australian and dual Copeland Medal winner to a Premiership contender in Melbourne for.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

One day the Grundy lovers will get it through their thick skulls that we didn’t lose the dud to get McStay, one day…

But Brisbanes low compo pick may just show the deal isn’t as expensive as some are claiming.
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

eddiesmith wrote:One day the Grundy lovers will get it through their thick skulls that we didn’t lose the dud to get McStay, one day…

But Brisbanes low compo pick may just show the deal isn’t as expensive as some are claiming.

And one day you'll stfu and come to realise that others have an opinion that you don't have to agree with.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

His last final game he was terrible.
I haven't seen much in him this year ....looked nothing special.
He may be used like rough head.
A big unit down back.,..we need that.
Hopefully the recruiters know much more than me.
rosspies

Post by rosspies »

I am absolutely devastated the club have gone down this path. I now hold Leppitsch and Graham Wright solely responsible for this. If I here another how he will help checkers I will spew. He takes an average of 1 mark per game in the forward 50. He averages less then a goal a game. Don’t say in MCrae we trust because that is just wishful thinking, and nothing based on his output for 2022. He obviously hasn’t handled the pressure of coming to Collingwood. Imagine how much more he will choke when he actually plays in front of the Collingwood Army.

I have seen him play one good game this year and that was when he was in the ruck in the First final. Fagan did not even give ten seconds worth of consideration to be have him play that role again the following week. In the prelim he got zero goals and zero goal assists and you think he will make us one Goal better against quality opponents. Please!!
He may fit in the backline? but it scares me.