Biden presidency and 2024 election campaign

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Jezza »

Joe Biden = The President of "Unity" :lol:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

TBH, I don't think there is a way to unite the MAGA nutters with the Democrat crowd. Well, nothing short of a major war but even then I'm not sure it would work. Major natural disaster, maybe.
kill for collingwood!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Fighting against the objectification of woman.
David

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

I heard that "stutter" on the radio. Whoops.

They guy really seems to be declining. No chance he should run for a second term.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David

Post by David »

Feel it’s more likely than not that he will, though. I just don’t think they have any plan B other than a shitfight.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

David wrote:... they really do take the American people for idiots....
It's a very reasonable assumption. A significant number of mouth-breathers voted for Trump a couple of times (and, indeed, may do so a third time) and quite a few people in the US actually watch basketball willingly. Why would anyone think they might not be idiots?
stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Watching the Golden State Warriors win a play off match from a bar in the Tenderloin area of Frisco was a true experience.

If the EPL was playing in the park next door, I'd close the blinds.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

....and then the wokequake that is Kamala Harris goes for the win by wanting Hurricane aid to be prioritised to people of colour.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

What'sinaname wrote:....and then the wokequake that is Kamala Harris goes for the win by wanting Hurricane aid to be prioritised to people of colour.
It’s only woke if you have a superficial understanding of history or read too much right wing press.

Hurricane Katrina devastated the poorest areas of New Orleans which combined with the natural incompetence of the Bush Administration seriously f*cked things up for mostly African Americans. This is not special news; it’s out there.

https://www.newyorker.com/books/under-r ... l-disaster

There was a brilliant TV series based on the corrupt politics of the time (historically and in the immediate aftermath of Katrina) by the makers of “The Wire” called “Treme” which in part dealt with that.

Kemala Harris has got it in one : get the $ to the neediest as they missed out big time last time and in floods they’ll be the most affected.

https://www.everycrsreport.com/reports/RL33141.html
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

^ As Elon Musk said "Should be according to greatest need, not race or anything else"

Comments about race and equity pander to the gullible woke brigade.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Doh, they are greatest need
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

What'sinaname wrote: Comments about race and equity pander to the gullible woke brigade.
And comments using "woke" or "sjw" simply pander to the gullible Qanon/alt-right clowns.
kill for collingwood!
David

Post by David »