Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

In other likely early movement, Giants small forward Bobby Hill will move to Collingwood in a trade of their future second-round pick, with another pick coming back to Collingwood this year.
The Magpies appear likely to secure Brayden Fiorini from Gold Coast for basically nothing in draft terms as the Suns try to get Fiorini’s $600,000 contract for next year off their books. Collingwood will spread that contract out across a multi-year deal for the wingman, who was pick 20 in the 2015 draft.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/gws ... 5bmk2.html
I am Da Man
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

We’ve got 9 days of absolutely eff all trades happening to enjoy, with ours probably happening the 10th day :)
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

I’d assume we’d want to get rid of Grundy nice and early so the others can fall in to place.
Pies2016
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Pies2016 »

eddiesmith wrote:I’d assume we’d want to get rid of Grundy nice and early so the others can fall in to place.
Reckon the Jackson domino needs to fall first. I’d be surprised if we don’t have pick 13 in our back pocket at some stage, particularly since Dees don’t have a first round pick in their own right.
Could also be Dees future first rounder as a option too, I guess.
Last edited by Pies2016 on Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stui magpie
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by stui magpie »

Pies2016 wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:I’d assume we’d want to get rid of Grundy nice and early so the others can fall in to place.
Reckon the Jackson domino needs to fall first. I’d be surprised if we don’t have pick 13 in our back pocket at some stage, particularly since Dees don’t have a first round pick in their own right.
Correct and plus some.

Freo doesn't have the picks to give to Melbourne for Jackson, so they'll have to trade players out first to get picks, then negotiate with Melbourne. Freo is the roadblock, expect any Grundy trade to be right at the end if it happens.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Presti35
Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Presti35 »

West Coast have the picks. How close were Hunt and Jackson? :wink:
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
stui magpie
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by stui magpie »

West Coast is also a better fit team wise if he wants to be No 1 Ruck, with Nic Nat nearly on his walking frame
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Cam »

stui magpie wrote:West Coast is also a better fit team wise if he wants to be No 1 Ruck, with Nic Nat nearly on his walking frame
4WD Gopher. No frame could handle that frame :D
Get back on top.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

What we get for Grundy will be largely dependant on how much of his salary we are prepared to eat
The more we pay the more we should receive
Paying anything upto $150k we would likely get a future second round pick
Up to $300k something in the first round would be required and possibly some future pick upgrades
If we eat over $300k and don’t land a 1st round pick you can safely assume this isn’t a salary dump as advertised
I’m still remembering our presidents words we won’t be offloading players anymore just because we got our salary cap wrong
If he’s true to his word then I expect we pay under $100k to get the deal done
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Grundy straight swap with North for Jason Horn old mate, who apparently wants out after just 1 year...now thats a young midfield you can build around
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Given Wright's comments it's unlikely now we'll be getting Fiorini unless he falls into our laps with GCS paying part of his salary, or sending us a high draft pick. His salary doesn't add up to his market value. It's different with McStay, Frampton and Hill. They are much closer to our needs.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

qldmagpie67 wrote:What we get for Grundy will be largely dependant on how much of his salary we are prepared to eat
The more we pay the more we should receive
Paying anything upto $150k we would likely get a future second round pick
Up to $300k something in the first round would be required and possibly some future pick upgrades
If we eat over $300k and don’t land a 1st round pick you can safely assume this isn’t a salary dump as advertised
I’m still remembering our presidents words we won’t be offloading players anymore just because we got our salary cap wrong
If he’s true to his word then I expect we pay under $100k to get the deal done
Bolded concerns me, I guess truth will out in the end.....
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

^Read today it was 12 months in the making
Presti35
Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Presti35 »

Paying 300K is a slap in the face to the supporters.

If Mitchell comes over and the Hawks chip in with the final year of his contract, that will offset it a little bit.... for 12 months.

What year is he signed up to again?? And when is Treloar off the books??
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

The $300k becomes less and less relevant in 2 years time when the new TV rights kick in and no doubt the salary cap increases. So as a % of the overall cap, it becomes less relevant.
Beware the swooping Magpie.