Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

Boot wrote:Thus for the loss of Grundy, Henry and Poulter we look like getting the following additions to our squad;
Dan McStay, Tom Mitchell, Bobby Hill, Brayden Fiorini, and Billy Frampton and still have the following first round picks 7, 15 and 16.
I like those ins and those picks. Add to that JDG staying and it's a good outcome.

Still, I'd prefer to keep Henry, but pick 7 would be a massive get for the club.

I can deal with Poulter leaving and Grundys contract leaving (providing we're not paying too much of it). The only thing that worries me is the KPF and Ruck we'll be low on. (Peter Wright and Sam Draper will do :lol: ).
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

Boot wrote:From a post on the Ollie Henry trade topic stream, I've copied the following summary of what I hope will be achieved during the upcoming trade period;
I'm coming around to the fact that Olliver Henry wants to be traded to Geelong. Now I'm trying to see what Collingwood can recover from the bad news being the loss of Grundy to Melbourne, Henry to Geelong and Poulter to Adelaide.
Geelong is reportedly going to trade to receive a player, Jack Bowes, and his salary from Gold Coast Suns as well as their Pick 7 in this years draft. I want that Pick 7 for Ollie Henry.
Apparently the deal is done for Grundy to move to Melbourne with Collingwood agreeing to pay for a portion of his salary. ( Madness I know but what can you do?) For such a gift I want the draft picks that Fremantle give up for Jackson which I expect will be Pick 15 and 33.
For Poulter to be released to Adelaide I expect that a straight swap for Billy Frampton will be done.
Hence these trades will leave Collingwood with the following picks in the November draft;
Picks: 7,15,16,33, 44 and some third round picks which might be swapped around with Brisbane to allow them better leverage to pick up their father / son recruits and upgrade our picks.
Thus for the loss of Grundy, Henry and Poulter we look like getting the following additions to our squad;
Dan McStay, Tom Mitchell, Bobby Hill, Brayden Fiorini, and Billy Frampton and still have the following first round picks 7, 15 and 16. I'm sure that none of those incoming players match the class of Grundy and Henry but maybe we can pick up some class to compensate us with those first round picks.
Those five incoming players will add to Collingwoods depth and so I expect our VFL team to perform very well next season but I'm not sure they will add much to the AFL performance but maybe their addition to the team to fill roles will free up others to better contribute to team success. In McRae we trust.
If all the above trades occur then this would leave Collingwood with the following as a starting point for 1st round teams for next year;
Backs: B. Maynard, B.Frampton, J. Howe
H.Backs: I. Quaynor, D. Moore, J.Crisp,
Centers: S. Sidebottom, T. Adams, J. Daicos
H. Forwards B. McCreery, B. Mihocek, J. DeGoey
Forwards: J. Elliott, D.McStay, J. Ginnivan
Followers: D. Cameron, S. Pendlebury, T.Mitchell
Interchange: N. Daicos, N. Murphy, M.Cox, P. Lipinski

Emergencies:, , W. Hoskin-Elliott, T. Ruscoe, J.Noble

Backs: T. Wilson*, C. Dean, T. Bianco
H. Backs: T. Ruscoe, W.Kelly, A. Draper
Centers: J.Noble, B. Fiorini, H. Harrison
H. Forwards: R. McInnes, A. Johnston, C. Murley
Forwards: B.Hill, N. Kruger, W. Hoskin-Elliott
Followers: A.Begg, J. Carmichael, F. Macrae
Interchange :, J.Magden
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

God, no. Adams and Mitchell in the same team. I'd have to seriously consider barracking for Penrith.
Johnno75
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Johnno75 »

80 handballs a game between….I can live with that.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Pies2016
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Pep wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Magpie Russ wrote:Hill deal done according to Jason McCartney. Will be announced early in the draft period.
Excellent if correct. They more you get done early, the sharper your focus towards the later part of the trade period. You don’t want to be juggling too many balls on the last day.
If it’s done, that also suggests it’s one of our three third rounders this year and / or some swapping of futures to balance it all out.
Apparently a future 2nd round pick will get the Hill deal done.
Yes, I’m just reading an update. I reckon the Giants are banking on us falling away a bit in 2023. Very high thirties seems about right for Hill but if we were to stumble, the Giants might might feel pleased with an outcome closer to high twenties. Doesn’t matter to us, I think we will shift away from picking more than the minimum number of kids in the next couple drafts, so a future late second rounder means little to what we’re trying to achieve in the now.
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

Boot wrote: I want that Pick 7 for Ollie Henry.
Would be amazing but you are dreaming.
Boot wrote: Apparently the deal is done for Grundy to move to Melbourne with Collingwood agreeing to pay for a portion of his salary. ( Madness I know but what can you do?) For such a gift I want the draft picks that Fremantle give up for Jackson which I expect will be Pick 15 and 33.
If we can give up 2 first rounders for Beams surely Grundy is worth at least a top 10 pick given they are getting 30% of his salary covered.

I would prefer Whats his face go to WCE and we get their pick 2 from Melbourne for Grundy. I dont think it will happen but I can dream.

Thats the only way I see Melbourne getting one.

This doesnt feel like the Ned Guy fire sale but time will tell.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Presti35
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

Being reported that the Crows will accept a future 3rd for Frampton. And that GWS will accept a future 2nd for Hill. Both are expected to be completed as early as the first day of trading. Wouldnt that be nice.

(However that will leave us a bit short on in next years draft).
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Im not starting another thread and I would like to ask if we can be brave for a second.

Could someone please put their balls on the line and give an estimation of what pick you think we will get for Grundy.

Ill say a pick between 10 and 15.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

My balls on the line says pick 12 in a lineball decision
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Pies2016

Post by Pies2016 »

magpieazza wrote:Im not starting another thread and I would like to ask if we can be brave for a second.

Could someone please put their balls on the line and give an estimation of what pick you think we will get for Grundy.

Ill say a pick between 10 and 15.
It’s a tough one but between #10 and #15 do remain one possible outcome simply because the Dockers will likely part with their first rounder ( # 13 I think ) as part of the Luke Jackson trade ( and keep in mind the Dees don’t have a first rounder of their own ) I enjoy trying to guess this stuff as much as anyone but it stands to be one of the more complex trade valuations in recent times. But no matter what happens, you can bet the outcome isn’t going to please everyone.
Last edited by Pies2016 on Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pies2016

Post by Pies2016 »

D P
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Thanks Lazza and Pies2016 it is a bit of fun and the fact Im not hearing anyone , even journos, put it out there makes it an interesting topic to talk about in these days of limbo.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

[quote="lazzadesilva"]My balls on the line says pick 12 in a lineball decision
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Boot wrote:From a post on the Ollie Henry trade topic stream, I've copied the following summary of what I hope will be achieved during the upcoming trade period;
I'm coming around to the fact that Olliver Henry wants to be traded to Geelong. Now I'm trying to see what Collingwood can recover from the bad news being the loss of Grundy to Melbourne, Henry to Geelong and Poulter to Adelaide.
Geelong is reportedly going to trade to receive a player, Jack Bowes, and his salary from Gold Coast Suns as well as their Pick 7 in this years draft. I want that Pick 7 for Ollie Henry.
Apparently the deal is done for Grundy to move to Melbourne with Collingwood agreeing to pay for a portion of his salary. ( Madness I know but what can you do?) For such a gift I want the draft picks that Fremantle give up for Jackson which I expect will be Pick 15 and 33.
For Poulter to be released to Adelaide I expect that a straight swap for Billy Frampton will be done.
Hence these trades will leave Collingwood with the following picks in the November draft;
Picks: 7,15,16,33, 44 and some third round picks…….In McRae we trust.
Very optimistic and in my view not likely but would love it if it did occur. I’m resigned to losing Grundy and I do hope we get top picks but that might be dampened by asking Melb to cough up more of his salary.
I’m annoyed about Henry. Not sure what we’d get for him but tempted to throw him at the mercy of the draft but that doesn’t help “us” in any way. If the players do go to other clubs as you’re suggesting then let’s hope ur bloody well right about the incoming draft picks.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Personally I'd let Henry walk to North Melbourne in the preseason draft if he's that keen to leave Collingwood. This year's draft doesn't offer as much as next year's draft. Even a second round draft pick is not going to cut it with me. If he wants a one year deal, fine, do the deal and see what happens next year if he's still keen to head to Geelong.