The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

DeadEyeDidak wrote:Collingwood is making an all out assault for Aaron Naughton.

Expect him to be a target of ours at the end of 2023.
Perfect replacement for Howe
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

Can't reveal my source, but Ben King from the Goldy is a shoe in for end of next season. Lock it in....
RudeBoy
Been liked: 86 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:Can't reveal my source, but Ben King from the Goldy is a shoe in for end of next season. Lock it in....
Don't do that to me Brucey boy. :o
slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by slangman »

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:Can't reveal my source, but Ben King from the Goldy is a shoe in for end of next season. Lock it in....
That would be nice
- Side By Side -
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

End of next year? Awww, we have to put up with another development year where we play exhilarating footy and miss a grand final by a point until we get a key forward who can take us all the way? ;)
jatsad
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jatsad »

Should have recruited him instead of Stephenson as he was a greater need and he was a mad, crazy pies supporter.
Jatsad - That is all
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Rather get a gun forward (or other gun players) now than at the end of next season so that we can send Pendles off with a flag. The time is now as most of us are sick of waiting. We did better than almost everyone expected this year and the time to strike is now, to go that extra step towards glory.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Magpiefan3

Post by Magpiefan3 »

2016 Player Sponsor for Travis Varcoe

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

So Tom Mitchell wants to play at Collingwood next season! I'm not sure that he suits the type of player that Collingwood need. Mitchell has a record that shows he can get the ball a lot, but does he do anything useful with it? Nathan Buckley, and other coaches, would regularly let Mitchell run free of a tag when he was at his Brownlow medal winning best form because they were convinced he didn't hurt the opposition with his disposal.
Obviously Mitchell likes the idea of adding his undoubted ball winning ability to the Collingwood team which was very poor this year at Center bounce clearances and clearly Tom Mitchell was impressed with the coaching of Craig McRae when McRae was at Hawthorn, but he would only come over to Collingwood for an extended contract of at least 3 years on good money and his inclusion would limit the opportunity for the development of the likes of Macrae, McInnes, Murley, Harrison and Carmichael.
I also have bad memories of Tom Mitchell's father, Barry Mitchell, being recruited on huge money by Alan McCallister's team after the 1990 premiership was won only to find that Tom's form had dropped off with his age and he ended up not being good enough to get a game ahead of the likes of Tony Francis and Scott Russell resulting in him being off loaded to Carlton after just one season at Collingwood. I hope Collingwood doesn't make the same mistake again!!
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

True or false

Jordy about to be offered 5 yr contract (with behavioural addition)
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Tom Mitchell is exactly what we need. We struggle at the clearance… get him at the bottom of packs farming the ball out to our runners… the Daicos boys, Lipinski, Crisp etc.

He’s another hard body.

We need him.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Presti35
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by Presti35 »

Would happily take Mitchell for the right price.

Funnily enough the number 6 just opened up, the number he wore at Sydney and the number his Dad wore for his one season at Collingwood. (His Dad wore 10 for the Swans and Blues, and Tom wears 3 at the Hawks).
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by derkd »

He just re-signed up there, so who ever you 'source's is ...unless Gold Coast want him gone...which would be mind blowingly unlikely ...is...wrong
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

burnsy17 wrote:Tom Mitchell is exactly what we need. We struggle at the clearance… get him at the bottom of packs farming the ball out to our runners… the Daicos boys, Lipinski, Crisp etc. He’s another hard body.
We need him.
He’d be a very handy acquisition for improving the team. I hope this has some truth to it instead of more wild speculation.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

De Goey likely to use St Kilda as a ploy to get us to match their contract.