Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

Theres three players from Essendon I would love; Parish, Draper, & Wright. There's 1 young Lion I think could be persuaded in time; Wilmont. I would love to do something radical and bring over Toby Greene. And I've heard that Bailey Smith could be looking to leave the Dogs.

But alas, those players will not be playing for Collingwood in 2023, or ever. So without some dream scenario where that can happen here I go again;

-Re-sign De Goey 4 years.
-Re-sign Henry 3 years. (Please happen)
-Re-sign Sidebottom 1 year (Already done?).
-Re-sign Hoskin-Elliott 2 years.
-Re-sign Carmichael (2 years rookie).

-Delist Tom Wilson (rookie).
-Delist Madgen.
-T. Brown, C. Brown, McMahon, Roughead already off senior list. Chugg already off rookie list. Keane already off Cat B list.

-Re-sign Kelly 1 year, but move to the Rookie list.

-Free agency signing McStay. (Not too many years and not too many dollars).

-Trade Poulter and future 4th to Adelaide. (Frampton and future 3rd).
-Trade pick 42 to GWS. (Hill).
-Trade pick 47 to Suns. (Fiorini).
-Trade future 3rd to Hawks. (Mitchell). (Take it or leave it approach, but possibly agree to a future 2nd).

-Harrison, Murley, & Arlo Draper are all young South Australian players. There's a possibility of a trade here, but I dont think thats necessary unless we need to open draft selection spot or any of them are pushing to go home.

Go to the draft with picks 16, 48, 88. And 1 rookie selection.

Delisted players of interest:
-Collier-Dawkins (Hasn't been delisted yet).
-Stocker (rookie draft possibility)
-Phillips (rookie draft possibility)
-Callow (rookie draft possibility)

Category B Rookie list McKenna. (I know he's thinking QLD. So he or the best Irish player available. Or dare I say it, American Pie 3).

And all this before talking about trading Grundy. (Which could be solely for pick 32, or involve Weideman).

And all of that still leaves us without the KPF we need, leaves us short in the ruck, but fills inside mid, small fwd, and key back holes.

And yes I'm on school holidays and had nothing better to do. Well thats not true, there's lots to do, but you know... nicksbb!
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I’d love to get Draper, but he wouldn’t win goty playing in black and white. ;)
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Jack Bowes seeking a trade to Collingwood

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp- ... jack-bowes
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

Just searched footage of Bowes. Nothing recent. Injured?

https://youtu.be/AH13X-8ezDE
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Deja Vu wrote:Just searched footage of Bowes. Nothing recent. Injured?

https://youtu.be/AH13X-8ezDE
Dunno. I remember hearing good things about him last year. Might have just lost a bit of motivation and not happy where he is. Gold Coast is a shit place to live.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:What I don't get is why Collingwood seems to have become involved twice in salary off-load transactions with Brisbane that resulted in us getting blokes who aren't that good and Brisbane getting star players.

Neale wanted out of Fremantle and Dunkley wants out of Footscray. It looks like we will have facilitated both players reaching Brisbane by taking Beams and McStay off their books. Why does Collingwood not make a play for the actual stars? It isn't like we don't have huge holes in our midfield. Neale and Dunkley would look quite alright in black and white jumpers in 2023.
We don’t have holes in our books. We have holes in our pockets. We can’t afford even one of Dunkley or Neale. The question we need to ask ourselves is how we got ourselves into this situation on our books of having so many players being paid over market value of what they’re worth. This happened around 2019-20 and it looks like years before it plays out. Richmond and Geelong don’t have this problem. They keep getting players we can’t afford and we have to settle for midrange players we can afford.
Neither did/do Brisbane until we spent/spend our salary cap taking their second-raters off the books, so they can afford to bring in the guns.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by piedys »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Gold Coast is a shit place to live.
*cough* *hack* *splutter*
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Former pick # 10 and silky ball user, intercept defender, not too shabby
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 92 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I must say, I'm completely underwhelmed by all the players mentioned as possibly coming to us. Surely, if we unload Grundy we should be able to recruit an absolute A grade player from somewhere.

I guess I've got to trust Wrighty to know what he's doing, but as a mere supporter, with no inside knowledge at all, it seems like we will be weaker, not stronger next year. I hope I'm wrong.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-ne ... d7e4a3b284
SUNS COULD LOSE ANOTHER TOP-10 PICK
by Marc McGowan with NCA Newswire

Top-10 pick Jack Bowes is the latest Sun who could be on the move.

It’s believed Bowes, who is contracted for two more seasons, has told Gold Coast he wants to explore his options elsewhere after playing only five senior games this year.

Cairns-raised Bowes fell out of favour at Gold Coast this year, making his only senior appearances between rounds 14 and 18, compared to 12 matches at VFL level.

He suffered a shoulder injury at training in January that required surgery and sidelined him for three months.

The initial plan was to integrate Bowes into the Suns’ midfield rotation this year but he remained in a defensive role. He has played 83 games in six seasons.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

piedys wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:Gold Coast is a shit place to live.
*cough* *hack* *splutter*
If you live there piedys you know I’m right!
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

RudeBoy wrote:I must say, I'm completely underwhelmed by all the players mentioned as possibly coming to us. Surely, if we unload Grundy we should be able to recruit an absolute A grade player from somewhere.

I guess I've got to trust Wrighty to know what he's doing, but as a mere supporter, with no inside knowledge at all, it seems like we will be weaker, not stronger next year. I hope I'm wrong.
Individually they might be underwhelming, Rudey. But collectively as a team they might make us stronger.